X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TFM_Dale
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Seshmeister
    I haven't checked the timescales but this seems to be about the final few weeks of a flame war that went on for many months.

Under my tenure it ended.

I could argue it may have still been going on if I hadn't played it the way I had. No one died. Some people who had put pictures of themselves on the internet were called fat by other fat people.

I mean really, take a step back FFS.

Much much worse things happen on the internet every day some much worse things have happened at VH Links the gold standard in censorship and control.
    Sesh, I am well aware I'm not a favorite person of yours but read what has been said, you are still basically defending what happened by saying we asked for it by not cowering down to them. It is your opinion, you are more then entitled to it but obviously many disagree with you. We all lately have been posting here again, no major fights were going on, why the fuck would you bring it up?

Comment

• Seshmeister
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!

Where did I say that?

Where?

If anything my only criticism was you cowering down to them too much.

Comment

• TFM_Dale
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Jan 2009

Oh lighten up Francis.
        I am so ready to just let all this shit go, just agree to disagree and move on. We dont need to sing gay campfire songs and get all huggy to coexist, just stop bringing the shit up and let it die.

Comment

• DONNIEP
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by TFM_Dale
          We dont need to sing gay campfire songs
          They have those?
          American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• Seshmeister
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I didn't bring it up I'm responding to criticism of myself and my team here who I think did a pretty good job with a decent outcome and are getting a bunch of shit based on spin and revisionism.

People claiming that personal pics were posted and left up.

People claiming that all the shit happened after I took over.

People claiming that there was a great diaspora because my new version of the Army encouraged racism and posing of personal pics

People claiming that I was a coward for not banning when I did.

People claiming that suicide pics where left unedited.

Crap.

Comment

• Seshmeister
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Please post the evidence of somebody posting about you, it is a forum, it must be there someplace. Don't flatter yourself, we have better things to discuss unlike you.
              Top 5 bands that start with the letter P?

You started it, I've just been responding.

Comment

• TFM_Dale
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Jan 2009

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!

Where did I say that?

Where?

If anything my only criticism was you cowering down to them too much.
                "The majority of the people that seem to feel most hard done by got involved in arguments with trolls on a site which since it's inception said it wouldn't censor and then got upset when they inevitably got abuse from them." That is what you said.

Cower to much? Comeon man, I was smeared all over and didnt flinch but when I had to read the shit they said about Mick and then one of those fucks sent a link to my sister so she could read it to, that is to much man. Alot of the people from here I get along with are on facebook so taking a break was easy and at one point you even suggested I take a break. You want everybody to be A ok with how things were handled but that isnt an option. Letting things die out, letting the two sides take some shots without a giant flame war starting, that is all progress. I just dont see a better plan myself, alot of people have good reason to be pissed off.
                Last edited by TFM_Dale; 04-12-2014, 08:13 PM.

Comment

• TFM_Dale
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Jan 2009

Originally posted by DONNIEP
                  They have those?
                  Hell yeah, buy a shitsteen album, it is full of them.

Comment

• TFM_Dale
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Jan 2009

I didn't bring it up I'm responding to criticism of myself and my team here who I think did a pretty good job with a decent outcome and are getting a bunch of shit based on spin and revisionism.

People claiming that there was a great diaspora because my new version of the Army encouraged racism and posing of personal pics

Crap.
                    You banned flappo and that wahlberg idiot well after the damage was done. The first flappo ban was 3 days just because you had something to do that weekend lol. You really think that was enough? This is what I mean, we will never agree about this so why bother? Also, you did bring it up, I posted the example twice now.

Comment

• kwame k
                      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                      • Feb 2008

Crap.
                      It's not the fact that you guys didn't take them down.....it's the fact that you let the people who were posting it stay and that it was going to keep happening because they even said they wouldn't let up.......get it?

What disgusted me the most was.....it could of very easily of been me instead of the others it happened to! My business, my personal info and my family! Knowing now that basically the attitude was/is......fuck you you deserved it!

That's the point I was trying to make!
                      Originally posted by vandeleur
                      E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• Seshmeister
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

"The majority of the people that seem to feel most hard done by got involved in arguments with trolls on a site which since it's inception said it wouldn't censor and then got upset when they inevitably got abuse from them." That is what you said.

Cower to much? Comeon man, I was smeared all over and didnt flinch but when I had to read the shit they said about Mick and then one of those fucks sent a link to my sister so she could read it to, that is to much man. Alot of the people from here I get along with are on facebook so taking a break was easy and at one point you even suggested I take a break. You want everybody to be A ok with how things were handled but that isnt an option. Letting things die out, letting the two sides take some shots without a giant flame war starting, that is all progress. I just dont see a better plan myself, alot of people have good reason to be pissed off.
                        Everyone was pissed off when shit was posted about Mick. Obviously you knew him a far far far better than I ever had the pleasure but I always got the impression he was pretty thick skinned about bullshit posted on the internet and would have taken great glee in shooting that person down. Plus all that post did was make the poster look like a cunt to anyone that read it so incredibly self defeating.

I don't know what was happening in parallel to this site on Facebook. I guessed something was because pics started to seep onto the site but no one told me what was going on. I don't remember hearing anything about your sister.

I stand by my post about the troll thing it was easy not to get involved in the argument with the trolls. I appreciate you may not have known the vigor that some of these people put into a flame war and how they do it like a pointless full time job but I feel a bit like if I was your internet provider and you replied to a spam email promising you millions and then you blaming me you got involved.

Comment

• kwame k
                          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                          • Feb 2008

Cower to much? Comeon man, I was smeared all over and didnt flinch but when I had to read the shit they said about Mick and then one of those fucks sent a link to my sister so she could read it to, that is to much man.
                          Exactly!

Deleting a post or picture here and there but not banning those people outright.........it gave them the courage to keep upping the ante!

Mick was a respected member here and even has a fucking forum named after him, FFS!

The absolute lowest of lows and by not banning those idiots immediately it set a precedent and turned off a lot of good people who had supported this site during it's ups and downs!
                          Originally posted by vandeleur
                          E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• Seshmeister
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by kwame k
                            It's not the fact that you guys didn't take them down.....it's the fact that you let the people who were posting it stay and that it was going to keep happening because they even said they wouldn't let up.......get it?

What disgusted me the most was.....it could of very easily of been me instead of the others it happened to! My business, my personal info and my family! Knowing now that basically the attitude was/is......fuck you you deserved it!

That's the point I was trying to make!
                            I'm sorry if you were made to feel insecure but what personal information was posted here and left up? None. Names? Addresses? Family? I don't remember that. I remember some photoshops of people who may or may not have been the people they were aimed at which were then deleted by us when asked by the targets to do so.

I'm getting blamed here for some people getting into an argument before I took over and then taking info from Facebook which they had put in the public forum.

Why not go bitching at Zuckerberg instead?

Comment

• fraroc
                              Commando
                              • Jun 2012

You banned flappo and that wahlberg idiot well after the damage was done. The first flappo ban was 3 days just because you had something to do that weekend lol. You really think that was enough? This is what I mean, we will never agree about this so why bother? Also, you did bring it up, I posted the example twice now.
                              That whole incident was technically my fault because I was pissed at Flappo and I decided to call him out in The Dump.
                              How do you spell pretentious? S-A-M-M-Y H-A-G-A-R

Comment

• vandeleur
                                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                                • Sep 2009

Why not go bitching at Zuckerberg instead?
                                Moving in impressive circles there bud
                                fuck your fucking framing

Comment

Working...