Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bueno bob
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jul 2004

You know, now that you mention it, maybe it is Lukather...about a month before the whole Hagar reunion news broke, I seem to recall him saying something about doing backup vocals for some new material.
    Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Golden AWe
      it's a freakshow i say. hell, if i want to see two skinny chimpanzees and two fat orang-outangs making noise i don't have to pay 85 bucks, i can go to a real zoo.
      LMFAO !!!
      Roth Army Icon
      First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• Terry
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra
        the bass player was also asked about ed's smoking and said that the band discussed that and "ed is a grown up man and if he wants to smoke he smokes"

another topic were the ticket sales and the bass player tried to find excuses like "everything has become more expencive" and really said that "this is the biggest stage and most spectacular show we've ever done"...sure...and you have designed it...

also asked for the boring solo parts he said that "sam needs these breaks to refresh himself. he is 55 (!!!!!!) now, still in a pretty good shape but needs some relaxation between a two hour show"

Considering the ticket prices Van Halen is charging for this farce, Hagar should have gotten his 'relaxation' in the two years he was fucking around in Cabo between the Sam and Dave tour and this one, as opposed to DURING THE SHOWS (think the real reason for the drum and bass solos is so the band and the audience can get a break from Red Tubs voice).

Bring Roth back on board and give Hagar some rest and relaxation as part of a permanent vacation from fronting Van Halen.
        Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• bueno bob
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Jul 2004

Personally the reason I think they still take these extended solo breaks (and arguably, at this point, Ed's the only "necessary" solo solely due to tradition and his standing in the place of guitar history) is to fill up time blanks that could otherwise be spent on covering material from the Roth era.

During Roth's main tenure with the band, the solos were good because A) they were fashionable at the time and B) it was a bit of variety to spice up the set list with, particularly when they were headlining in the earlier days.

Well, solos are no longer fashionable, the fans REALLY don't care anymore, and they've got MORE than enough material they could be using to fill in the gaps. The only other real option for keeping them in is to give Sam some down time so that, at the end of the night, they can walk away and say "Well, we just don't play all that old stuff anymore because there's no time for it with playing all the newer, more recent stuff - and the solos".

Which was primarily the reason they were/are playing solo Hagar bullshit live, anyway; just another excuse to stay away from David's material because deep down Hagar knows (and has virtually admitted) that he can't cut the mustard with it.
          Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• Matt White
            • Jun 2004

Always good to see something posted from DavidLeeNatra!
            Funny, when we pointed out that MIKEY wasn't credited on BOBW, "certain" people called us paranoid and delusional. Now I hope they remember where they heard it first. The DLR ARMY!

Comment

• scottydabodi
              Crazy Ass Mofo
              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Don Corleone
              The irony here is that while Mike is undoubtley Roy's bitch, whereas Dave wouldn't set foot on stage with Ed and Al without him.
              Man, that just speaks volumes about Dave's class... 5 stars for The Don!! DLR wouldn't DREAM of a VH without Mikey, whereas Mikey doesn't give a shit about Dave... Hey Mikey, DAVE PUT YOU ON THE MAP, YOU UNGRATEFUL FUCK!!!!!!!
              If you listen to fools
              The Mob Rules

Comment

• Panamark
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Jan 2004

Mike thinks Dave is a jerk and thinks Spammy is GOD !

Knowing that, what do think about Mike ??
                BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
                Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• bueno bob
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Jul 2004

The same thing I've always thought about Mike:

PUPPET!!
                  Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
                    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Matt White
                    Always good to see something posted from DavidLeeNatra!
                    my pleasure...what I found interesting is that I read three interviews in german mags...all done by the bass player. two were totally ass-kissing telling us what a big success the tour is and now in the third one someone seemed to have read the army forums and asks "harder" questions. in one answer the bass player asked back where they got their information from "melodicrock.com?"

then he talks about plans coming over to europe as they couldn't finish the last tour because of alexis getting injured (as we all know it was because they couldn't sell out the venues' shithouses). yeah, bass player...come over here...you couldn't tour on your own last time with the balance-tour and were supporting act for bon-fuck-your-mummy-jovi...who do you wanna open for this time? duran duran?
                    Roth Army Icon

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                      SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra

also asked for the boring solo parts he said that "sam needs these breaks to refresh himself. he is 55 (!!!!!!) now, still in a pretty good shape but needs some relaxation between a two hour show"
                      Mike's bass solos are not boring. They are tedious and painful masochistic exercises in one's ability to wait for the next Van Halen/Van Spam'in song while some fat, sweaty, Jack Daniels swilling drunk jacks-off and humps on his bass.

If recordings of Anthony's live bass solos were played to al-Qaida suspects in custody, the U.S. would break them much easier though it would be a violation of the Geneva Convention.

Comment

• DLR_EngineRoom
                        Veteran
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Don Corleone
                        The irony here is that while Mike is undoubtley Roy's bitch, Dave wouldn't set foot on stage with Ed and Al without him.
                        Sad but true...
                        http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t.../EddieDave.jpg
                        http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t...ve_ed_2007.jpg
                        http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t...os/TORCH_B.gif

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
                          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                          • Jan 2004

I mean...how deep can a band fall if somebody like the bass player is supposed to do the interviews...
                          Roth Army Icon

Comment

• scottydabodi
                            Crazy Ass Mofo
                            • Jun 2004

Mikey's gotta wake up and smell the bullshit, he's been under the thumb of the moron-brothers for far too long. They tell him what to eat, what to wear, what to think, how to play... Shit, he's a bigger pussy than ROY!!! F-Mikey.
                            If you listen to fools
                            The Mob Rules

Comment

• vanhalenrock

EVH made Dave .......... learn to deal with it.

Comment

• Matt White
                                • Jun 2004

VanHagarCoCK=

Comment

Working...