Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Big Troubles
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Feb 2004

I for one dont understand how a band can come out with 2 best of's so close together. you know the talent pool has drained when they start coming out with "Live at the " and "Best of" part 1 part 2. I think they still have to prove they have something to offer first. Album or two with a good credible singer (hopeing for Dave), few tours then the next project could be a best of 2. Same thing goes for Dave. Roth did a best of album. Is it time for Dave to do a Best of part 2? I think not.
    "FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKIN' BITCH! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ANYWAYS? TALK TO ME LIKE THAT? FUCK YOU. DRAG QUEEN LOOKIN' WHORE- YOU AINT SHIT. YOUR THE FRECKLE TO THE LEFT OF MY BROWN EYE. NOW GO MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL...OH, PUT DAD ON THE PHONE"

Comment

• DLR7884
      ROCKSTAR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Big Troubles
      I for one dont understand how a band can come out with 2 best of's so close together. you know the talent pool has drained when they start coming out with "Live at the " and "Best of" part 1 part 2. I think they still have to prove they have something to offer first. Album or two with a good credible singer (hopeing for Dave), few tours then the next project could be a best of 2. Same thing goes for Dave. Roth did a best of album. Is it time for Dave to do a Best of part 2? I think not.
      So close together? Um, BOV1 was released in 1996....it's 2004, that's 8 years. Most bands don't last 3 years.

This shit about Roth doing a best of album again......where the fuck did you get that idea?

DLR7884
      Explain yourself.
      Originally Posted by WARF:
      DLR7884 - This guy is one bad ass sonafabitch... I've seen him destroy peoples posting careers in a single sentence.

Comment

• Big Troubles
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Feb 2004

no no, just comparing the timelines here. Dave came out with a best of. its obviously too soon for another best of, even though there is some new tunes to put on it. But for Van Halen to put out another best of without showing some new material? I dunno. Just sounds cheap. It doesn't matter if their first best of was released in 1986, if they've done nothing from the last one to their next one it cheapens their credibility a tad. And you cant possibly count VH3 as an effort.
        That would be like saying its ok for VH to come out with a best of every 8 years, and nothing in between. Doesn't click.
        "FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKIN' BITCH! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ANYWAYS? TALK TO ME LIKE THAT? FUCK YOU. DRAG QUEEN LOOKIN' WHORE- YOU AINT SHIT. YOUR THE FRECKLE TO THE LEFT OF MY BROWN EYE. NOW GO MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL...OH, PUT DAD ON THE PHONE"

Comment

• rustoffa
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Jan 2004

Melodicschlock

Comment

• DLR7884
            ROCKSTAR

• Jan 2004

no no, just comparing the timelines here. Dave came out with a best of. its obviously too soon for another best of, even though there is some new tunes to put on it. But for Van Halen to put out another best of without showing some new material? I dunno. Just sounds cheap. It doesn't matter if their first best of was released in 1986, if they've done nothing from the last one to their next one it cheapens their credibility a tad. And you cant possibly count VH3 as an effort.
            That would be like saying its ok for VH to come out with a best of every 8 years, and nothing in between. Doesn't click.
            Ok, first off, Dave doesn't have enough material to do another "best of" album. I think we can all agree on that.

As far as VH goes releasing another "best of" collection, it doesn't matter if they have done anything since the last one....yes, they did VH3, but it wasn't a Van Halen album.

Christ, The Beatles, The Doors, and Elvis all have tons of best of albums that are released 2-3 years apart from the last one. Does it irk you that they aren't putting out new albums in between? I bet not, because they/or the band are dead.

The point is, VH is dead, 8 years is plenty of time to wait for another greatest hits package, and they can cash in on their past all they want.

DLR7884
            They sure as hell don't have a future....
            DLR7884 - This guy is one bad ass sonafabitch... I've seen him destroy peoples posting careers in a single sentence.

Comment

• Big Troubles
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Feb 2004

I think its a shame that any rock band can make a tonne of cash just re-tracking the same songs over and over again just for the sake of calling it "Best Of". I mean, Best of means or used to mean the BEST OF period. At the very least they should come out with a Van Halen all unrealeased, uncuts and demo tracks from 77- present including the tracks they recorded with dave in 2000. But another best of? I dunno. I can make my own Best of on my comp. anybody can really. Give us some great shit we dont already have.

Comment

• Big Troubles
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Feb 2004

Originally posted by DLR7884
                Does it irk you that they aren't putting out new albums in between? I bet not, because they/or the band are dead.

Actualy yeah it irks the shit outta me, cause I know somewhere in their VH can be a great rock n roll band again.

The point is, VH is dead, 8 years is plenty of time to wait for another greatest hits package, and they can cash in on their past all they want.

The Van Halen I fell in love with didn't cash in on anything but the love of the sport, and the sport was rock n roll. So yes, Im just a sad fan.

DLR7884
                They sure as hell don't have a future....

Comment

• Albert Einstein

Dave should tell em to get fucked
                  I'm either in or I'm out!

Comment

• Dave IS VH

When was the unreleased tracks recorded? It couldn't of been too recent, since (Dave and Eddie) hasn't been in the same room since 96.

Only ways I can see this happening, if Dave reunites with VH, if it's a unreleased song from the (70's) off of one of their bootlegs, or if it's been locked up in a vault, and nobody knew about.

Comment

• damngoodtimes
                      Sniper
                      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Dave IS VH
                      When was the unreleased tracks recorded? It couldn't of been too recent, since (Dave and Eddie) hasn't been in the same room since 96.
                      dude, wake up from that long nap, Dave himself told us he recorded new tracks with EVH back in 2000.

and to weigh in on the BOV2 discussion, VH could've released Vol 2 in 1997 and it wouldn't have been too early. their career is certainly worthy of two volumes. it's not as though Vol 2 could only contain shit since 96.

You Really Got Me, Jamie's Cryin', Ice Cream Man, Beautiful Girls, Everybody Wants Some, Romeo Delight, So this is Love?, Mean Street, Pretty Woman, Hot For Teacher, Drop Dead Legs. need I go on?
                      David Lee Roth's the greatest motherfucker who ever lived!
                      — Brian Moore (@brianpmoore666) June 26, 2012

Comment

• Dave IS VH

Sorry, I remember now a few years back, Dave and VH went into the Studio to record a new album.

I Thought it only lasted a couple of weeks, and they couldn't get any work done, because they spent too much time at each other's throats.

If there is unreleased (Dave and VH Tracks) LET US HAVE THEM!!!,
                        "it should be put on the BOVll" Spammy, or no Spammy.

Comment

• Big Troubles
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Feb 2004

Dave sent out a press release stateing that Eddie and himself laid down some tracks that were "astounding". Now that was back in 2000.
                          No communication between the 2 of them since then as far as I know. So if there were any additional Dave tracks on the BOV2 I would believe them to be from that year. (2000) But hey, Im all for the old boots. Put out the Lights and Big Troubles along with She's the Woman are damn fine rock n roll tunes that should be released somewhere sometime. Perhaps down the road on a boxset or total unreleased VH.

Comment

• Dave IS VH

I stand Corrected, I forgot about the 2000 studio recordings.

I agree, I always thought (Dave and VH) should release a boxset, with all their bootlegs, demos, and maybe a DVD.

Bring it all out, so the Gen. Public can hear, (Dave and VH) would Cash in, the boxset would do very well.

Comment

• Big Troubles
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Feb 2004

its always been a money thing and a power thing. Eddie believes he's the frontman so to speak, and cant handle all the heat Dave gets, and deserves. Poor dave's been shafted from royalties as well, so who knows what will ever happen.

Comment

• DLR7884
                                ROCKSTAR

• Jan 2004

I think its a shame that any rock band can make a tonne of cash just re-tracking the same songs over and over again just for the sake of calling it "Best Of". I mean, Best of means or used to mean the BEST OF period. At the very least they should come out with a Van Halen all unrealeased, uncuts and demo tracks from 77- present including the tracks they recorded with dave in 2000. But another best of? I dunno. I can make my own Best of on my comp. anybody can really. Give us some great shit we dont already have.
                                If you want demos, unreleased, etc., you'll have to wait until the boxed set comes out, many years from now.

Or go get some bootlegs.

DLR7884
                                I don't understand what your fucking point is though.

Comment

Working...