Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Switch84
    Veteran
    • Feb 2004

Re: Re: Chances of a mini reunion with DLR...

Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra
    less than zero...and from what I see coming from the halens, I don't want dave back with these assholes...fuck them...

:bottle: Hahaha! This reminded me of the comment Davy Baby made when I saw him in Detroit last year! He was singing "Ain't Talkin' Bout Love", and when he got to the lyric 'You know I lost alot of friends there, baby', he paused and said, "Aww, nevermind. Y'all don't miss them, anyway!" the crowd responded with a ROAR and cheered him like a motherfucker!!

Dave kicked major ASS that night, and he was right! I'm happy with Davy Baby SOLO!
    "He doesn't need to sell millions of records, he doesn't need to fill arenas, he doesn't need to be popular, he doesn't need your money, AND HE DOESN'T NEED YOU!"
    Blackflag on DLR

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Jan 2004

Re: Re: Re: Chances of a mini reunion with DLR...

Originally posted by Switch84
      and when he got to the lyric 'You know I lost alot of friends there, baby', he paused and said, "Aww, nevermind. Y'all don't miss them, anyway!"
      this could become my favorite rothism...
      Roth Army Icon
      First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• scottydabodi
        Crazy Ass Mofo
        • Jun 2004

'...You know I lost alot of friends there, baby', he paused and said, "Aww, nevermind. Y'all don't miss them, anyway!"...
        Fuck Yeah Dave!! Great post SWITCH!!! Dave doesn't need the VH's, they need him. The only reason Dave would REALLY want a reunion is to give us, the hardcore fans, what we've been dying for... Dave would bring the Van Halen name back to the heights of Rock history, instead of the gruesome lows the VH Bros. have let it fall to.
        If you listen to fools
        The Mob Rules

Comment

• Lou

Re: Re: Re: Chances of a mini reunion with DLR...

I'm happy with Davy Baby SOLO!
          I wish I could feel that way but I just can't. Certainly DLR solo retains as much of the VH spirit as one person can, and WELL more than the other three put together, but DLR solo while enjoyable doesn't get me excited at all.

I think if they really wanted to they could get back together and do some more phenomenal things. The problem is that "really wanting to" would require Ed to get serious about making music again, and that's just not something he's prepared to do.

My gut feeling is that EVH will die in the next 5-8 years with liver complications. I don't see any redeeming or happy ending here.

Comment

• Switch84
            Veteran
            • Feb 2004

Re: Re: Re: Re: Chances of a mini reunion with DLR...

Originally posted by Lou
            My gut feeling is that EVH will die in the next 5-8 years with liver complications. I don't see any redeeming or happy ending here.

:eek: :eek: :eek: Oh, please don't be morbid, Lou Baby! As much of a miserable shithead Eddie can be, I DON'T WANT HIM DEAD! I wouldn't mind bitch-slapping some sense into him, though............

ROFLMMFAOBT!
            "He doesn't need to sell millions of records, he doesn't need to fill arenas, he doesn't need to be popular, he doesn't need your money, AND HE DOESN'T NEED YOU!"
            Blackflag on DLR

Comment

• RogueHorseman
              Commando
              • Apr 2004

:bottle: Hahaha! This reminded me of the comment Davy Baby made when I saw him in Detroit last year! He was singing "Ain't Talkin' Bout Love", and when he got to the lyric 'You know I lost alot of friends there, baby', he paused and said, "Aww, nevermind. Y'all don't miss them, anyway!" the crowd responded with a ROAR and cheered him like a motherfucker!!

Dave kicked major ASS that night, and he was right! I'm happy with Davy Baby SOLO!
              LOVE IT!
              <object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/K7_U-zj2gfE"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/K7_U-zj2gfE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Comment

• Panamark
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Jan 2004

Great points by everyone ! Although Alice is the obvious asshole as far as Van Halen goes, EVH is still the key. If they can get him thinking right and sobered up, he might just come around and tell Alice to shut
                the fuck up. Then realize his best collaborations are when Dave is
                involved.

I think he (EVH) is probably 2/3 the way to being able to play the
                important tunes again. With all the recent practice, and if he can get
                his head sorted, I believe he might be able to pull it off again. It aint
                gonna happen as long as that easy old whore Spammy is around,
                however.

As Dave has known for the last two years, and as he told us, there
                would have to be some kind of intervention first. After seeing EVH
                recently, we know exactly what Dave was talking. And with EVH's
                fragile state, the football has been passed to the biggest idiot in
                Van Halen, his brother Alice. The whole business side of this once
                mammoth band (pun intended) has been given to some fuckhead
                who cant even manage his own life and finances. (Which wife are
                we up to now ??) We all know about his inbred dealings with Ray
                Daniels etc...

Sad state of affairs. EVH needs that intervention. It is actually possible,
                many other alcoholic performers (Ozzy is a good example) have been
                treated with anti-depressants etc, which has allowed them to continue
                on in a much less destructive fashion. But EVH needs someone or
                something to plant the seed in that head of his, to make him realize.

Ed, theres fooking great drugs out there ! Its not that painful...

If we see EVH getting such help, then, and only then, look for the
                stirrings in the ashes of the phoenix.
                BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
                Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

Working...