Eddie Van Halen ---> Final Meltdown in Arizona--->November 19, 2004.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • picasso bros
    Roth Army Recruit
    • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Hecubus
    Fuck it...

David Lee Roth
    Eddie Van Halen
    Billy Sheehan
    Ray Luzier

Works for me!

Comment

• diamondsgirl
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Apr 2004

Its been proven that alcoholics lack certain chemicals in their brains that a "normal" person has. Serotonin is one.
      “Why do people say "grow some balls"? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding” ― Betty White

Comment

• Chris
        Roadie
        • Jan 2004

The guy has access to the best health care in the world. It's disturbing that he seeks it for Cancer and a hip replacement, but not for alcoholism.

Comment

• Switch84
          Veteran
          • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
          I still haven't seen anything in the mainstream media about this. Not to be skeptical, but if fucking Vanilla Ice made the entertainment news today, why didn't Ed's rampage?
          Ed's importance isn't as big as he and Alex thought it was, Nikki. The fact that Davy Baby's getting worldwide press and they aren't shows that HE'S the true star. Reality bites, and it bit them hard.

Viva la ROTH!!!!
          "He doesn't need to sell millions of records, he doesn't need to fill arenas, he doesn't need to be popular, he doesn't need your money, AND HE DOESN'T NEED YOU!"
          Blackflag on DLR

Comment

• diamondsgirl
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Apr 2004

I'll bet if anyone checked the serotonin levels in Wolfie right now, they are low. Which is why he eats so many carbs (high in serotonin). He is already self-medicating with food. Wait til he discovers booze...Valerie is in for heartache #2 in a few years.
            Not to be mean, but I've seen it. He is predisposed, not weak.
            “Why do people say "grow some balls"? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding” ― Betty White

Comment

• Nickdfresh
              SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Chris
              The guy has access to the best health care in the world. It's disturbing that he seeks it for Cancer and a hip replacement, but not for alcoholism.
              I agree! Hasn't Eddie been "clean & sober" in the past several times now. He must have broken ribs from falling off the wagon so often.

Comment

• bueno bob
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Jul 2004

Originally posted by diamondsgirl
                Mezro, you know I dig you, but it is not a FACT that alcoholism is a weakness. That is your opinion and I respect it. But, I think there may be things you don't know.

I have researched this disease. And I am enabling no one. People are born alcoholics, that has been proven scientifically. They don't suddenly become alcoholics because they pick up a drink. And they are still alcoholics years after they put the last drink down. The desire to drink heavily is a symptom of a chemical imbalance. The disease starts out more as a mental illness/obsession/compulsion and eventually becomes physical as the person becomes addicted to the substance.

I do agree that alcoholics who do not seek help are weak. And anyone who hits their spouse is weak. Alcoholic or not.
                I also agree that anyone who uses the "excuse" that this is a disease, to continue drinking is weak.

OK, I can see your point. I come at it differently. Alcoholism has affected me greatly throughout my life, and I'm in a position to talk about it and not afraid to talk about it.

By all rights, I should be an alcoholic. It runs in my family. I don't like chocolate or candy.

But I was most certainly NOT a "born alcoholic".

Sure, I drink! I have a beer every two months, maybe. No desire for any more and I know when to say when. I don't crave it at all times, and I truly believe that it's because I have three kids, a wife, and a good deal of personal responsibility to them and myself.

I think there's probably common ground to be reached.
                Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• RogueHorseman
                  Commando
                  • Apr 2004

Its been proven that alcoholics lack certain chemicals in their brains that a "normal" person has. Serotonin is one.
                  And, it is very treatable.... IF the person suffering is willing.

I have seen the simple addition of a few daily grams of GABA (Gamma Aminobutric Acid, a highly isolated amino acid) along with lifestyle modifications work wonders for some.

There is little doubt that Eddie has underlying issues at play here, I'd say. The problem/solution is in getting him to face them head on.

Surrounding ones self with those who enable is no means to that end.
                  <object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/K7_U-zj2gfE"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/K7_U-zj2gfE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Comment

• Fabulous Shadow

Some people can not imagine a life without alcohol. While they dont like who they are while they are living out their life as an alcoholic and they are regretful and ashamed of the people thay have hurt by choosing that path, it is just EASIER to continue THAT life style than changing it. Bueno, it is not uncommon for alcoholism to skip a generation.

Comment

• bueno bob
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Jul 2004

Originally posted by RogueHorseman
                      Surrounding ones self with those who enable is no means to that end.
                      Which is yet another reason on top of the pile as to why this tour should NEVER have happened...if Ed hasn't been clean, getting him out on the road where the shit's free probably wasn't the smartest idea, hunh, Alex?

Dumb, dumb, dumb.
                      Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• diamondsgirl
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Apr 2004

...and then he went back to smoking...

90% of all alcoholics are also addicted to nicotine as it offsets the sedative effect of the alcohol

Comment

• Fabulous Shadow

Originally posted by FORD
                          Can you fucking READ, bitch??

I said that SHEEP like you need to quit enabling the son of a bitch and he needs to be locked up in inpatient treatment.

Now you wanna tell me where the "Sam Vs Dave" is in that??
                          I must have missed this... Try the word SHEEP

Comment

• bueno bob
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Fabulous Shadow
                            Bueno, it is not uncommon for alcoholism to skip a generation.
                            Point taken. In this case, I just think Ed's surrounded by a lot of yes-men and has absolutely no personal responsibility because he's been living off of a silver spoon for 26 years or so now. At the end of the day, I feel badly for Val and his kid, because they're the ones that are REALLY suffering it.

As far as Ed's concerned, I have little compassion for him.
                            Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• bueno bob
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Jul 2004

...and then he went back to smoking...

90% of all alcoholics are also addicted to nicotine as it offsets the sedative effect of the alcohol
                              Really? I didn't know that.

NO WONDER you can't drink without smoking!
                              Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• diamondsgirl
                                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                                • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Fabulous Shadow
                                Some people can not imagine a life without alcohol. While they dont like who they are while they are living out their life as an alcoholic and they are regretful and ashamed of the people thay have hurt by choosing that path, it is just EASIER to continue THAT life style than changing it. Bueno, it is not uncommon for alcoholism to skip a generation.
                                I've seen families where 2 out of 4 children in the same family (same parents) are alcoholics. Why not all 4? Why is my brother a highly allergic asthmatic and I'm not? Same idea.

Comment

Working...