Eddie Van Halen ---> Final Meltdown in Arizona--->November 19, 2004.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Switch84
    Veteran
    • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Fabulous Shadow
    Some people can not imagine a life without DAVID LEE ROTH.

Fab, that's exactly what's eating at Eddie Van Breakdown!

LMMFAOBT
    "He doesn't need to sell millions of records, he doesn't need to fill arenas, he doesn't need to be popular, he doesn't need your money, AND HE DOESN'T NEED YOU!"
    Blackflag on DLR

Comment

• Lou

Has it occurred to anyone that "alcoholism runs in the family" really means that the kid watched the parent(s) drink alcohol and followed the lead? Meaning it's not genetic, it just a learned thing? It's about being weak of will.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
        SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Lou
        Has it occurred to anyone that "alcoholism runs in the family" really means that the kid watched the parent(s) drink alcohol and followed the lead? Meaning it's not genetic, it just a learned thing? It's about being weak of will.
        I'm not a big believer in "Behavioralism" as derived from the "Pavlov's Dog" experiment. So NO!! It has been widely discredited as too simplistic. The kids are just as likely reject alcoholism and abusive tendencies as adopt them. But they do share mom and dad's DNA.

Comment

• Switch84
          Veteran
          • Feb 2004

Good point, Lou!

Originally posted by Lou

Children learn what they live. The same thing applies to spouse abusers. 'Little Ed' saw Daddy drinking heavily and kicking Mommy's ass. 'Adult Ed' will (more often than not) adopt the same learned behavior and abuse his spouse and become a drunk.
          "He doesn't need to sell millions of records, he doesn't need to fill arenas, he doesn't need to be popular, he doesn't need your money, AND HE DOESN'T NEED YOU!"
          Blackflag on DLR

Comment

• guwapo_rocker

Fuck, where's gslinger with the boot?

Comment

• Switch84
              Veteran
              • Feb 2004

Originally posted by guwapo_rocker
              Fuck, where's gslinger with the boot?
              :p They'll probably keep us hanging on until Tuesday.......
              Blackflag on DLR

Comment

• guwapo_rocker

Originally posted by Switch84
                :p They'll probably keep us hanging on until Tuesday.......
                Hey, they proshot every show! This is the one that should go to

DVD dontcha think?

Comment

• Full Bug
                  Crazy Ass Mofo
                  • Jan 2004

Maybe its not the booze, Eddie claims metal guitar pics gave him tongue cancer, maybe he stuck the pics on his forehead to often and it gave him brain cancer.....
                  Diamond Mafia Forever - 4. To restore fullbug to the prominent place in this board, after various serious attacks by hitch1969 have now damaged his reputation and now is reguarded as a "Retarded, Stoned, Canadian, Dog finger bangin' fuckup"

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • May 2004

Originally posted by bueno bob
                    Point taken. In this case, I just think Ed's surrounded by a lot of yes-men and has absolutely no personal responsibility because he's been living off of a silver spoon for 26 years or so now. At the end of the day, I feel badly for Val and his kid, because they're the ones that are REALLY suffering it.

As far as Ed's concerned, I have little compassion for him.

Five stars Man. You hit that nail with a sledge .
                    Ed's in a sad reality . He needs help.
                    Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• SheAintWaiting
                      Roadie
                      • Apr 2004

>>The man is a great guitar player and these guys WANT to work with him, alcoholic or not. When the cookie crumbles, they need not point fingers, they knew what they were getting themselves into.<<

There are a number of great
                      guitar players who are alcoholics who stay sober by going to meetings and doing various and sundry other things that Ed refuses to do, year in and year out.

My sympathy ran out a long time ago, but Ed's gums still flap, as do Sam's, Alex's and Mike's about how everything bad that ever happened with VH was Dave's fault.

No one here, or at least it's fair to say most here don't have their head up an "Sam vs Dave" ass mindset.
                      To most of us, it's not even a question of "versus". The two aren't even comparable.

What we have, is grown very weary of this "talented guitar player" pissing away his great talent and acting like a spoiled brat whilst continuing to blame all of his problems on everyone but his own self.

Eddie van Halen's problem isn't alcoholism. Alcoholism can be dealt with. Eddie van Halen's problem is Eddie van Halen. If you wanna read mealymouthed sympathy for him, you're welcome to go play in the links.

sAw
                      "I won't tour on a greatest hits record, that's like basically saying, we're over. Wasted. Biggest waste of time in the world. Strictly money." -Sammy Hagar, 1996.

Comment

• FORD
                        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by bueno bob
                        Really? I didn't know that.

NO WONDER you can't drink without smoking!
                        I've never had a problem with it.

Probably a good thing too. My hatred of lung cancer keeps me from spending too much time (and money) in bars
                        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• OU812&BALANCE
                          Roth Army Recruit
                          • Nov 2004

I just heard about this and there is nothing to worry about, I am sure. EVH is just under alot of stress because the tour was ending and he just want to let off steam. I am sure Van Halen will be obn tour again next year. Dave is keeping busy as a Lifeguard or something now isn't he?

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                            SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by OU812&BALANCE
                            I just heard about this and there is nothing to worry about, I am sure. EVH is just under alot of stress because the tour was ending and he just want to let off steam. I am sure Van Halen will be obn tour again next year. Dave is keeping busy as a Lifeguard or something now isn't he?
                            Believe me. I'm not worried about Eddie Van Drunken. But one things for sure, "Van Halen" will never tour with Sammy Hagar again SHEEP!!

Comment

• Switch84
                              Veteran
                              • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                              Believe me. I'm not worried about Eddie Van Drunken. But one things for sure, "Van Halen" will never tour with Sammy Hagar again SHEEP!!

Damn, I'll never look at a can of Spam the same way again.....

ROFLMMFAOBT!
                              Blackflag on DLR

Comment

• Vivian Campbell
                                Head Fluffer
                                • Oct 2004

Originally posted by Lou
                                5 Stars! A lot of great points are being made in this thread.

This trend can be broken, as long as the kid see the consequences of these actions and isn't fooled into believing by others that it’s a "disease" that he's "destined" to catch it himself. That kind of talk is the true enabling. If you remove or disguise the brute consequences of choice, you only promulgate more bad choices in society. The pain of one person is a warning and a lesson for all.
                                The Fat Lady is singing for Van Hagar.

http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/attac...&postid=392002

Comment

Working...