Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • damianleeroth
    Full On Cocktard
    • Mar 2004

I haven't posted on this site since Sarge went away awhile back, but this seemed to be a sincere question. I feel Eddie is a really talented guy whom everyone around enables to be an alcoholic. Whether he plays w/Dave or not is irrelevant, he just needs someone to wake him up. I loved VH w/Dave and hope it returns but I don't know how this will happen w/the shape Eddie's in. As much as I love to bash VH w/Hagar, it is really sad to see what is happening to such a talented musician. Half of my love for the Dave era was due to this guy and even though he's done and said some really terrible shit since then, this is such a waste it's unreal. I know I'll probably get slammed for this and I'm not a "Sheep", but I hope things get turned around for him. Alcoholism sucks, and Eddie's not alone in his problem. Let's all hope for the best.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
      SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Re: Stranger things have happened....

Originally posted by Switch84
      Van Halen's fourth singer?????
      Ricky Martin????!!!!!!!!!!???????? Wasn't the last one gay enough?

Comment

• SheAintWaiting
        Roadie
        • Apr 2004

>>anyone who says he looks as good as he did in the day is clearly dilouded.<<

Hrm, isn't "dilouded" some
        kind of tranquilizer? : P

sAw
        "I won't tour on a greatest hits record, that's like basically saying, we're over. Wasted. Biggest waste of time in the world. Strictly money." -Sammy Hagar, 1996.

Comment

• Matt White
          • Jun 2004

HE looks like a old leather baseball glove thats been left out in the rain!

Comment

• plecostomus
            Roth Army Recruit
            • Nov 2004

Thanks guys. I guess its common and human for people to lose themselves when they go from nothing to being king of the world, if you will. Some can maintain a decent degree of self-moderation.

Don- I like the milk container.

Comment

• Switch84
              Veteran
              • Feb 2004

Originally posted by col5150
              its twenty years since 1984 an the guys a rock god whos indulged in enough drugs to knock out a heard of horses in his youtjh. people seem to criticize edd too much, Dave aint lookin to great for his age either and anyone who says he looks as good as he did in the day is clearly dilouded.

You've clearly missed the point here, dude! NOBODY looks the same after 20 years, genius! What folks CAN do is not become alcoholic shitheads that seeks to destroy their own legacy, and Davy Baby has not done that! And Davy Baby looks GREAT! Post a pic of yourself at 50; you won't look half as good.
              "He doesn't need to sell millions of records, he doesn't need to fill arenas, he doesn't need to be popular, he doesn't need your money, AND HE DOESN'T NEED YOU!"
              Blackflag on DLR

Comment

• col5150
                Head Fluffer
                • Feb 2004

gimmie 28 years and ill get back to you

Comment

• Parnelly
                  Head Fluffer
                  • Sep 2004

At this point does anybody really give a shit about what happens to eddie. I mean its obvious he does not care about what the fans want. If he cared about the fans he would have done what was right in the first place. Fuck ed, The fans want DLR not some fat shitty knock off or some skinny fuck that bounced around in his splash pants like a fag at a decorators convention. Fuck any thing that has to do with the letter V and H.

Comment

• Switch84
                    Veteran
                    • Feb 2004

Originally posted by col5150
                    gimmie 28 years and ill get back to you

:p You STILL won't look half as good as Davy Baby.
                    "He doesn't need to sell millions of records, he doesn't need to fill arenas, he doesn't need to be popular, he doesn't need your money, AND HE DOESN'T NEED YOU!"
                    Blackflag on DLR

Comment

• justinj
                      Full On Cocktard
                      • Jul 2004

I was always pulling for a DLR/VH reunion but at this point, the guy needs some help- I agree. I'm just going to follow Dave, because Eddie is so messed up right now it looks as though everyone in his own band is turned against him right now. How can this guy even call Dave in the state he's in
                      "Sam was totally against the Greatest Hits, period. He didn't want a Roth CD and Sammy CD. He was afraid Roth's would outsell his, so we made it one CD, half and half." -Eddie Van Halen, 1997

Comment

• Switch84
                        Veteran
                        • Feb 2004

Originally posted by justinj
                        I was always pulling for a DLR/VH reunion but at this point, the guy needs some help- I agree. I'm just going to follow Dave, because Eddie is so messed up right now it looks as though everyone in his own band is turned against him right now. How can this guy even call Dave in the state he's in

He can't! If he never plays again, he should get himself together for HIS sake and his son's.
                        Blackflag on DLR

Comment

• diamondsgirl
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Parnelly
                          Fuck any thing that has to do with the letter V and H.
                          “Why do people say "grow some balls"? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding” ― Betty White

Comment

Working...