I just watched the 3 Oakland '81 videos....

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lou

Yeah hoarding is always a possibility.

Comment

• DLR7884
      ROCKSTAR

• Jan 2004

I remember that this topic was debated long ago on the DLRML, some crazy bitch said that she had 10 copies of the 81 Oakland show on VHS, when she was asked to sell a copy to someone, she refused.

When she was asked to post a video clip of a song other than the 3 released ones, she failed.

I don't think it's out there, if it were, someone would have cracked and sold a copy by now.

DLR7884
      You never know though....
      Originally Posted by WARF:
      DLR7884 - This guy is one bad ass sonafabitch... I've seen him destroy peoples posting careers in a single sentence.

Comment

• Panamark
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Jan 2004

When we say theres *not* a copy out there, we are assuming with the general public. I bet EVH has this full concert.
        BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
        Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• DLR7884
          ROCKSTAR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Panamark
          When we say theres *not* a copy out there, we are assuming with the general public. I bet EVH has this full concert.
          He's probably got them all.

DLR7884
          I'm sure Dave does too.
          DLR7884 - This guy is one bad ass sonafabitch... I've seen him destroy peoples posting careers in a single sentence.

Comment

• Terry
            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
            • Jan 2004

I've got the You Really Got Me, Running With the Devil 1978 promo 'live' lip synched vids, the You Really Got Me 'live' lip synch vid from Japan, the Van Halen 2 1979 tour Don Kirschner's In Concert series featuring You're No Good, Dance The Night Away and Bottoms Up!, a lip synched And The Cradle Will Rock and You Really Got Me from a 1980 European Tv Show, the 3 Oakland 1981 vids, Largo 1982 whole show, Argentina 1983 whole show, Us Festival whole show, Montreal 1984 whole show...all the above are video, all on VHS. Plus a bunch of audio boots. Plus the Pretty Woman promo vid...and the three from the 1984 album on the Best of Vol 1 video. Plus a bunch of Roth interviews and various clips going from 1982 until the present and some 16mm 1981 rough footage from Chicago 1981.

Have never heard of anyone credible who had the whole Oakland 1981 show on video. Those three Oakland 1981 vids were supposedly taken, audio wise, from the last of three Oakland shows, while the footage is actually a mixture of clips from all three shows. If anyone tells you they've got all of Oakland, tell 'em to put up or shut up. And let me know if it turms out to be true. I'd go $50 for a copy of that.

Once in a while, you'll hear of someone saying they have the whole Oakland show on video but refuse to trade it. Trust me, everyone has a price and if anyone did have the footage, it would have made it's way around to serious traders by now.

Most of my stuff is on several different VHS tapes, who knows how many generations removed from the original source.

And there's a bunch of South American stuff out there I haven't bothered to try and get, as well as some late 1970s footage. Never mind that Warner Bros filmed several of the 1984 shows.

I'd pay $200 easy for all of the above to be put out on an offical release, with the audio and video remastered from the original source tapes. Easy. Maybe even more. All cleaned up and on two or three DVD's.

Eddie, Dave, Warner Bros., whoever......there's $$$$$ to be made. People are gonna trade this stuff, regardless of quality, and you know there are plenty who will sell rather than trade. You guys might as well get a cut of some legit sales. Take a cue from Led Zep.
            Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• DLR7884
              ROCKSTAR

• Jan 2004

Well said!

DLR7884
              I couldn't agree more.

Comment

Working...