Is Dave wasting his career waiting for a VH reunion?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Carmine
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Fabulous Shadow
    However... I have good reason to believe that CVH will go out in style...
    nah nah nah poopoo!

Comment

• chefcraig
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Terry
      Roth's toured with regularity from 1999-2003. Think his biggest period of inactivity was from 1996-1999, and he managed to put out a book and a new album during this period, along with 3 or 4 months of work with Van Halen.

Can't say if Dave post-1996 is strategizing with short term projects that could be dropped on short notice to accomodate a Van Halen reunion. Seems that way at times. DLR Band came out in 1998, then nearly a year later he finally starts putting in some serious roadwork only to go silent for most of 2000. We later learn that something was going on with classic Van Halen during this period.

Think Roth may have come to the realization with the DLR Band and Diamond Dave that he's only gonna do so much in solo sales, regardless of what style of rock he's emphasizing, and the closest he's gonna get to mega-stardom again is a Van Halen reunion. However, I don't think that's really a defining goal for him, and really hasn't been since about 1993. Doing a Vegas show, doing indie-style records and now EMT work doesn't really smack of someone who is starving for press headlines anymore.

Think Dave is doing what he's always done, which to a large extent is pretty much whatever he wants. If he had wanted a Van Halen reunion above all else, am sure he wouldn't have done the open letter to the press in 1996 and continued to speak negatively about his former bandmates in interviews. He did those things because he approaches projects with a need to them on his own terms.

Believe Roth not too long ago said something along the lines of "I may be holding my breath waiting for a Van Halen reunion, but I don't think anybody else should".

Thanks for the thoughtful post.

I wish Dave Roth all the best, in whatever he does...I also see absolutely no reason to speculate as to if the man is "wasting" his time.

We all have lives to lead, and what do we say to those that criticise our choices?

Let the man live his life with dignity, without question...just as any one of us would ask.

...craig

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
      ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Fabulous Shadow

Originally posted by Carmine Raguzza.
        nah nah nah poopoo!
        Well... we will just have to wait and see... From what I am told, Ed is cleaning up as we speak. Will do a record with Sam then a farewell tour with Dave and then VH is over... I cant say this is fact. Just what I am being told by a good source..

Comment

• loss of fools
          Head Fluffer
          • Oct 2004

daves career is going great he will never have to wait for some drunken asshole

Comment

• Carmine
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Apr 2004

Well... we will just have to wait and see... From what I am told, Ed is cleaning up as we speak. Will do a record with Sam then a farewell tour with Dave and then VH is over... I cant say this is fact. Just what I am being told by a good source..
            I have heard similar....not the part about the record with sam though.

Comment

• CROWBAR
              Commando
              • Sep 2004

Yada Yada Yada Yada

Comment

• guwapo_rocker

Ed is cleaning his puke off of the cat as I write this!!

It's true.

Really.

Comment

• Fabulous Shadow

Originally posted by CROWBAR
                  Yada Yada Yada Yada
                  Hey! You got something in your teeth...

Comment

• Mezro
                    Full Member Status

• May 2004

This is why I always shave what I eat

Mezro...we all have good sources Fab...I hope at least one of us are right...
                    Got me a date with a shaved Asian. I know, I know; I think it's fucked!

Comment

• dave_is_vh
                      Sniper
                      • Apr 2004

The difference between Sam and Dave:

Dave will get 25% of a shitload
                      Sam was paid a small salary
                      "Bumper sticker on my rocket's ass: go home, the earth is full." DLR

Comment

• CROWBAR
                        Commando
                        • Sep 2004

Your right! And it ain't yours! Tee He!

I know a friend, who knows a friend, who knows.....

Comment

• DLR_EngineRoom
                          Veteran
                          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Vivian Campbell
                          Is Dave wasting the final years of his career waiting for the good ol’ Van Halen days to come back? He doesn’t tour regularly, he hasn’t released a serious album since 1998, and we hear little if any news from him besides the EMT blitz a month ago. What’s the deal? Why is he wasting the last years of his rocking career? In my opinion, its seems that Dave is holding out for not only a Van Halen reunion, but the fan base that went along with it. I think that Dave doesn’t want to devote his genius to an album that will sell 3,000 copies in the first week, when he could save his lyrics for a reunion album that could top the charts. Since he has enough money, why tour? He won’t get the attention nor the attendance that an inferior act like U2 is garnering. I think he would rather conserve his voice and wait for a big Van Halen stadium tour that will gain him the glory that he rightfully deserves.

Any thoughts on why Dave is M.I.A, save a sporadic show here and there?
                          see this thread for my, and several other related responses.... :

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t.../EddieDave.jpg
                          http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t...ve_ed_2007.jpg
                          http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t...os/TORCH_B.gif

Comment

• Halen High
                            Commando
                            • Jul 2004

If this is true then it's yet another incredibly idiotic decision by the brothers. First, why waste another album on Sammy? Even Eddie thinks his lyrics suck. I can't believe Eddie wants to waste more of his work on this guy. And another year of Van Hagar and further prolonging of a CVH reunion would further weaken the impact of the whole thing.

Comment

• jhale667
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Aug 2004

God, PLEASE----not another album with Spammy!!!!
                              Originally posted by conmee
                              If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
                              Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
                              I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
                              Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
                              Originally posted by eddie78
                              I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• Wayne L.

I don't think Dave is wasting away as a solo artist waiting for Eddie to call him for a reunion of the original Van Halen even though millions of fans like myself would like to see it happen one more time but some VH fans LIVE IN THE PAST constantly sadly instead of enjoying the memories of those days.

Comment

Working...