Van Halen could've made it without Roth

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • guwapo_rocker

Originally posted by Rikk
    Why even bother? Six months ago I thought the guy was cool. Now I know him as a brain-dead hypocrite fool. I can't even take him seriously anymore. He's literally that stupid.
    Last edited by guwapo_rocker; 01-01-2005, 02:56 PM.

Comment

• Rikk
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Jan 2004

LOL, Guwapo. We could do this shit all day. I have 1700 posts over there. I probably made a total of 10 or 15 complimentary comments about something to do with Van Hagar and then about 1000 against that line-up. Of course, you neglect the fact that I was pretty much one of the biggest Roftard, Sammy-haters there.

Care to explain, once again, why you are the featured user at a site that more than anything features VAN HAGAR?:p

BTW, Happy New Year.
      Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
      Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• lms2

Crimeny Rikk... he already explained.

Really, it was nice of him to give Chelle something for her site at her request. They are friends, and that is pretty much all the explanation needed as to why he would help her.

What is really curious is why you spend so much time at Chelle's site?

Comment

• Rikk
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by lms2
          What is really curious is why you spend so much time at Chelle's site?
          LOL. Okay, let's begin again. Crimeny, lms, I already explained...someone will eventually
          PM me when a loser like GUWAPO puts up a long article as featured user and
          has my name in it plus a map of Burlington.

Are you involved in this again? I am just making this clear. He attacks me,
          I'll attack him. If you're involved, just say it. Or did he just PM you?

What's most curious is him claiming he never posts there?

It's not that big a deal. But why lie about posting at a Van Hagar site
          when you're clearly the featured user there? Do sites frequently make
          people the featured user if those people don't post there at all?

Dude has been trying to prove me as some sort of fraud because I posted a few things (literally a few)
          when at the Links. He's also ignored the fact that I was doing pretty much nothing but fucking
          attacking Ched Heads when there. He doesn't get much respect anymore, so it's no big
          deal, but I will still sure as hell defend myself on it because if I didn't hate every breath Hagar
          has breathed, I would be posting at the fucking Links.
          Last edited by Rikk; 01-01-2005, 03:45 PM.
          Roth Army Militia

Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
            SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Rikk
            Happy New Year, Nick!

No, I meant the mysterious girl in the black & white film in MAX's signature, not his avatar. The one simulating oral with her hand.:p
            Ohh...This one! She's my-ex. Met her in the Jerry Springer audience.

Comment

• Rikk
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
              Ohh...This one! She's my-ex. Met her in the Jerry Springer audience.
              She's pretty cute. Her mouth is pretty big. I'm sorry you lost her to a transsexual Satan worhshipper that used to
              post at the Links.
              Roth Army Militia

Comment

• guwapo_rocker

Here is the LINK!!

People can check it out for themselves Rikky Wobarita!!!!

I think I last posted there 3 or 4 months ago and might have

a total of 40 or 50 posts, all pro classic VH and anti Spam.

:p Go watch your balance video asswipe!!

Comment

• VH LINKS SUCKS
                  Foot Soldier
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by MAX
                  Eh, you're just pissed cos we have the goodies on you and you fucking KNOW it!!!!
                  The goodies on me? Whatever worm. You keep dreaming along in that lonely world of yours you little twirp.

Can't you hear that? It's greenpaw and squalen calling your name over at the links. They expect you to get on your knees again and give them a great big New Years blow job they've been harping about with praise and thanks, for your contribution in 2004 to the Sam Hagar tour fund.

Comment

• Rikk
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by guwapo_rocker
                    Here is the LINK!!

People can check it out for themselves Rikky Wobarita!!!!

I think I last posted there 3 or 4 months ago and might have

a total of 40 or 50 posts, all pro classic VH and anti Spam.

:p Go watch your balance video asswipe!!
                    LOL. Put the link in there, you jobless, friendless loser that stayed home on New Years to dig shit up on me. Anyone who clicks that link will see the million posts you're ignoring on me insulting Sammy Hagar and fighting with Roth-haters like badkaraoke, FABULOUS SHADOW (i know, i know), etc. They will see me and Brett fight furiously because I won't stop insulting Hagar and Ched Heads.

Fucking McCarthy.:p
                    Roth Army Militia

Comment

• lms2

Whatever Rikk... its a New Year, but I can see no one is getting a New Start.

Did Guwapo just pm me... what business is it of yours. We pm frequently... no threads are safe to post in because of you and Max, but just for the record... we don't talk about you.

Guwapo would not pm me and ask me to post something against you because he knows my desire to stay out of it.

I just couldn't help myself.

I am sick of you posting shit about Splooge, who hasn't posted here for quite some time.

I am sick of you using the Richard Gere thing in posts... Stella was the one who brought that up to begin with as a joke... if you follow the link, you will read it was a hoax to begin with.

I am sick of you talking about how gay Guwapo is... He is married and has a child, so at the very most, he could be bi... but I kinda doubt it. Now you on the other hand?????? Oh thats right. You have a new girlfriend.

Did you spend New Years Eve with her? Was she so interesting that you just couldn't help but come here and post with Max while the rest of the world was out having a good time and ringing in the New Year? Don't even bother to answer that... my meter ain't on.

Are we on again? You ain't worth my time. Do what you will. It was my New Year's resolution to find a better way to spend my free time than hanging out on this site... and you certainly make it easier to keep that resolution.

Comment

• lms2

And don't bother pming me if you are going to turn around and post my pms on the board anway.

Happy Fucking New Year!

Comment

• guwapo_rocker

Last edited by guwapo_rocker; 01-01-2005, 04:53 PM.

Comment

• Rikk
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by lms2
                            It was my New Year's resolution to find a better way to spend my free time than hanging out on this site... and you certainly make it easier to keep that resolution.
                            LOL. I'm glad then.
                            Roth Army Militia

Comment

• Rikk
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Jan 2004

I'll state this once again...I left the Links because I fought with too many Hagar-ites. I managed to stay cool with Brett even though we had a HUGE fight a year earlier. When I was younger (age 20), I saw Van Halen on the BALANCE tour. I owned the album and the other Van Hagar albums. I got into VH because of Dave. Now I hate VAN HAGAR beyond all belief. I didn't get their new fucking CD. I didn't see their new tour. I also always hated Sammy. Furthermore, posting at a Van Hagar site, sure I would occasionally be drawn to discussions on the other eras. GUWAPO has altered or left parts out of posts. He has also left out the undeniable fact that I was one of the biggest Roftards at the Links, which caused half the tension I had with idiots like Eddymon. LOL. Here are many examples of my best work at the Links, all quoted from an earlier post:

Okay, first off, here's a recent post from this summer...but we'll get to the older ones later:

"I guess it still always boils down to opinion. I've heard Sammy say MANY things. I've heard him say that the original 6-pack were only good musically, I've heard him say that he'd go out and pick those albums up just for the guitar-work... Sam pretends he's a Van Halen fan, but the truth is, he doesn't even know all the band's songs. What I hate most about the Sammy-era was not just that I don't like Sam's stage-demeanor, voice, lyrics or politics...but also that the original Van Halen band was as dead as it could be. An entire song catalog was ignored, the band's image and attitude were more in-line with late 80's pop rock bands instead of the giant extraveganza they were in the late-70s and early-80s. And Sam simply acted as if this was the band. I've actually heard him in one interview call the Hagar-led Van Halen line-up "THE classic Van Halen". He really thinks he walked in and fixed up a broken band. And it disgusts me. But the thing I loved most about Van Halen in the 80s was that with all the horrible pop-rock bands around, Van Halen were sort of the rebels. They were huge, they sold tons of records...but they didn't jump on to the REO Speedwagon bandwagon...there's an episode of BEHIND THE MUSIC describing how Van Halen stood out in a cold, bleak time. Once Hagar joined...they WANTED to sound more like Journey, Styx, Def Leppard, etc. And that's fine...but you suddenly realized why the band thought Dave was controlling...he simply didn't want them going down that path."

"Lyrics aren't necessarily what literally matter. I think James Brown accomplished more in his career with one song than Sam has in thirty years of mediocrity. Take SEX MACHINE...what's it about? Duh! But does it say it well? Damn straight! It's about attitude. Iggy Pop can tell you that any day. "I got a lust for life! Liquor and drugs!" Damn straight! It's not what's said, it's how it's said." People keep typing, "Nobody expects Van Halen to have intelligent lyrics." Absolutely right. But how about good lyrics? That's a totally different thing. MEAN STREET's lyrics surely aren't intelligent...but they sure are good. "Somebody said FAIR WARNING...Lord, strike that poor boy down!" Fuckin' A, Dave. That's a helluva lot more rock 'n' roll than "I can't stop lovin' you, no matter what I say or do, you no my heart is true...wo-oh...I can't stop lovin' you." C'mon...what is this? Grade 4 poetry day? Don't you think there's a reason that far more people would cringe at the second lyric? I'm not saying it's about comparing the intelligence of the two. I'm saying it's about the quality, attitude and originality. And the second lyric is about as original as taking off your clothes in a nudist colony.

Here's me last Christmas when the new "reunion" was announced:
                              "Van Halen with Hagar is not a good enough reason for people to get excited again. It's like, "That line-up again? Ho hum." "

You want something older? No PROBLEM. This is the post that started a fight with Brett and made me leave the Links and VH-internet land for a year because I was always getting in trouble for fighting with Ched-heads:

"See, dummy, this is the problem. You read lyrics like that, YOU don't get it. To you it doesn't mean anything, because you don't understand the value of good wordplay, of attitude in the writing. You'll be happy if the lyrics stay as dumb and unchallenging as, "You miss a beat, you lose the rhythm." Wow, that's so profound. That's like saying, "When I go down, I'm not going up." Wow. How deep. You'll never get it, so fans like you will keep making unbelievably stupid comments like THE INSIDE is better than ME WISE MAGIC. All it's about, oh Sambo-heads, is that we think one singer is better because the music he's produced is consistently better, and maybe we think he looks better on stage.
                              "I can't stop lovin' you, no matter what I say or do, you know my heart is true...oh-ooh, I can't stop lovin' you." Yeah, Walt Whitman would be proud."

I guess Guwapo forgot to cut and paste this post I made, from August 25, 2002:
                              "Ridiculous...songs like "Voodoo Queen" are a million times better than horrible songs like "Spanked." And even with producers supervising, albums with Hagar are not nearly as timeless. Dave has been their first choice the last few years, so if it doesn't work out, music won't be the reason. There's obviously something personal. I would say Hagar will return only as a consolation prize for Dave not returning. Ed knows which of his songs are classics, and it sure ain't MAN ON A MISSION or SUCKER IN A 3-PIECE."

You know what's especially funny? I haven't had to search hard for these. It's almost like any post of mine I look at in my post list comes up with something like this...something trashing Hagar and cheering Dave. I fought with so many Ched-heads over there and finally came over here, voluntarily. I'm not banned anywhere (except at Chelle's site...LOL...NEW NOTE, reminder that GUWAPO is the featured user there...LMFAO).

Here's yet another, kind of explaining my hatred of Sammy even though I own all the albums...my "enemies" had to look hard to find posts they could use...this one kind of puts it in perspective. This is also from 2002:

"And I don't like Sammy, so if he rejoins, I don't have to listen. It's not a matter of anger or "showing" Eddie...it's just that, after the last few months of thinking about it, I really don't want to hear more Van Halen with Sammy Hagar singing. The truth is, I just don't like the guy. I think he's an idiot and an asshole. But hey, it's just music."

Or how about this?:

"While I appreciate your idea, I just really want Dave back in the band full-time. If they don't want to do it, if they claim that can't happen, no problem. I don't have to listen."

Here's me in 2001, talking about YOU CAN'T GET THIS STUFF NO MORE:

"Be interested to hear the original version with Hagar singing. He later sued the band and won a settlement, claiming the melody Dave is singing is (in certain parts) the same one he came up with and recorded for the BALANCE album. Maybe he was just mad because the song suddenly had some balls. Old foagie."

There's SO MUCH more. I was a one-trick pony over there.
                              Roth Army Militia

Comment

• Sarge's Little Helper
                                Commando
                                • Mar 2003

I'll state this once again...I left the Links because I fought with too many Hagar-ites. I managed to stay cool with Brett even though we had a HUGE fight a year earlier. When I was younger (age 20), I saw Van Halen on the BALANCE tour. I owned the album and the other Van Hagar albums. I got into VH because of Dave. Now I hate VAN HAGAR beyond all belief. I didn't get their new fucking CD. I didn't see their new tour. I also always hated Sammy. Furthermore, posting at a Van Hagar site, sure I would occasionally be drawn to discussions on the other eras. GUWAPO has altered or left parts out of posts. He has also left out the undeniable fact that I was one of the biggest Roftards at the Links, which caused half the tension I had with idiots like Eddymon. LOL. Here are many examples of my best work at the Links, all quoted from an earlier post:

Okay, first off, here's a recent post from this summer...but we'll get to the older ones later:

"I guess it still always boils down to opinion. I've heard Sammy say MANY things. I've heard him say that the original 6-pack were only good musically, I've heard him say that he'd go out and pick those albums up just for the guitar-work... Sam pretends he's a Van Halen fan, but the truth is, he doesn't even know all the band's songs. What I hate most about the Sammy-era was not just that I don't like Sam's stage-demeanor, voice, lyrics or politics...but also that the original Van Halen band was as dead as it could be. An entire song catalog was ignored, the band's image and attitude were more in-line with late 80's pop rock bands instead of the giant extraveganza they were in the late-70s and early-80s. And Sam simply acted as if this was the band. I've actually heard him in one interview call the Hagar-led Van Halen line-up "THE classic Van Halen". He really thinks he walked in and fixed up a broken band. And it disgusts me. But the thing I loved most about Van Halen in the 80s was that with all the horrible pop-rock bands around, Van Halen were sort of the rebels. They were huge, they sold tons of records...but they didn't jump on to the REO Speedwagon bandwagon...there's an episode of BEHIND THE MUSIC describing how Van Halen stood out in a cold, bleak time. Once Hagar joined...they WANTED to sound more like Journey, Styx, Def Leppard, etc. And that's fine...but you suddenly realized why the band thought Dave was controlling...he simply didn't want them going down that path."

"Lyrics aren't necessarily what literally matter. I think James Brown accomplished more in his career with one song than Sam has in thirty years of mediocrity. Take SEX MACHINE...what's it about? Duh! But does it say it well? Damn straight! It's about attitude. Iggy Pop can tell you that any day. "I got a lust for life! Liquor and drugs!" Damn straight! It's not what's said, it's how it's said." People keep typing, "Nobody expects Van Halen to have intelligent lyrics." Absolutely right. But how about good lyrics? That's a totally different thing. MEAN STREET's lyrics surely aren't intelligent...but they sure are good. "Somebody said FAIR WARNING...Lord, strike that poor boy down!" Fuckin' A, Dave. That's a helluva lot more rock 'n' roll than "I can't stop lovin' you, no matter what I say or do, you no my heart is true...wo-oh...I can't stop lovin' you." C'mon...what is this? Grade 4 poetry day? Don't you think there's a reason that far more people would cringe at the second lyric? I'm not saying it's about comparing the intelligence of the two. I'm saying it's about the quality, attitude and originality. And the second lyric is about as original as taking off your clothes in a nudist colony.

Here's me last Christmas when the new "reunion" was announced:
                                "Van Halen with Hagar is not a good enough reason for people to get excited again. It's like, "That line-up again? Ho hum." "

You want something older? No PROBLEM. This is the post that started a fight with Brett and made me leave the Links and VH-internet land for a year because I was always getting in trouble for fighting with Ched-heads:

"See, dummy, this is the problem. You read lyrics like that, YOU don't get it. To you it doesn't mean anything, because you don't understand the value of good wordplay, of attitude in the writing. You'll be happy if the lyrics stay as dumb and unchallenging as, "You miss a beat, you lose the rhythm." Wow, that's so profound. That's like saying, "When I go down, I'm not going up." Wow. How deep. You'll never get it, so fans like you will keep making unbelievably stupid comments like THE INSIDE is better than ME WISE MAGIC. All it's about, oh Sambo-heads, is that we think one singer is better because the music he's produced is consistently better, and maybe we think he looks better on stage.
                                "I can't stop lovin' you, no matter what I say or do, you know my heart is true...oh-ooh, I can't stop lovin' you." Yeah, Walt Whitman would be proud."

I guess Guwapo forgot to cut and paste this post I made, from August 25, 2002:
                                "Ridiculous...songs like "Voodoo Queen" are a million times better than horrible songs like "Spanked." And even with producers supervising, albums with Hagar are not nearly as timeless. Dave has been their first choice the last few years, so if it doesn't work out, music won't be the reason. There's obviously something personal. I would say Hagar will return only as a consolation prize for Dave not returning. Ed knows which of his songs are classics, and it sure ain't MAN ON A MISSION or SUCKER IN A 3-PIECE."

You know what's especially funny? I haven't had to search hard for these. It's almost like any post of mine I look at in my post list comes up with something like this...something trashing Hagar and cheering Dave. I fought with so many Ched-heads over there and finally came over here, voluntarily. I'm not banned anywhere (except at Chelle's site...LOL...NEW NOTE, reminder that GUWAPO is the featured user there...LMFAO).

Here's yet another, kind of explaining my hatred of Sammy even though I own all the albums...my "enemies" had to look hard to find posts they could use...this one kind of puts it in perspective. This is also from 2002:

"And I don't like Sammy, so if he rejoins, I don't have to listen. It's not a matter of anger or "showing" Eddie...it's just that, after the last few months of thinking about it, I really don't want to hear more Van Halen with Sammy Hagar singing. The truth is, I just don't like the guy. I think he's an idiot and an asshole. But hey, it's just music."

Or how about this?:

"While I appreciate your idea, I just really want Dave back in the band full-time. If they don't want to do it, if they claim that can't happen, no problem. I don't have to listen."

Here's me in 2001, talking about YOU CAN'T GET THIS STUFF NO MORE:

"Be interested to hear the original version with Hagar singing. He later sued the band and won a settlement, claiming the melody Dave is singing is (in certain parts) the same one he came up with and recorded for the BALANCE album. Maybe he was just mad because the song suddenly had some balls. Old foagie."

There's SO MUCH more. I was a one-trick pony over there.
                                Oops. I wasn't paying attention. Tell me again what is going on.
                                "I decided to name my new band DLR because when you say David Lee Roth people think of an individual, but when you say DLR you think of a band. Its just like when you say Edward Van Halen, people think of an individual, but when you say Van Halen, you think of…David Lee Roth, baby!"!

Comment

Working...