Can you think of a band that has treated its fans worse than Van Halen ?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Panamark
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by katie
    Without speculating,
    Does anybody know why she did that?

Katie
    Yes, Lee Kerslake and Bob Daisley were rightfully fighting for a fairer
    share of royalties, as their input on these albums went much further
    than hired session musicians. Lyrics, melodies, Kerslake/Daisley have
    just as much rights to the songs on Blizzard/Diary as Ozzy and Randy.

Sharon cant see this, and decided to remove them from the
    recordings. Which now sound like crap.

Like the Osbournes cant afford to give out fair royalties to two
    guys who *MADE* Ozzy again? (Along with Randy)

I dont blame Ozzy. Neither do Kerslake and Daisley.
    Sharon is a fucking control freak bitch.

BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
    Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• Panamark
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Jan 2004

You know what, she would love that compliment.
      Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• Terry
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Jan 2004

Kinda hard for me to say that Van Halen is fucking me over.

I mean, they can never do anything new with Roth again, and it doesn't matter to me because I've pretty much stopped listening...sad to say, I've become used to the music released under the name Van Halen post-1985 sucking, so it wasn't like there was a great shock when the new 2004 Van Hagar tracks blew donkeys big-time. In fact I'd rather now if they just left Dave alone in terms of reuniting: Ed is just out to lunch and they're not up to reforming in a way that's gonna do justice to what CVH meant to me way back when anyway.

I suppose the Van Halens/WB are dicks for not getting out the classic audio and video that hasn't been officially released up to this point, but it all out there on boots and downloads - not like it's an impossible task to compile a shitload of CVH live audio/video as well as studio demos and outtakes, nor all that expensive.

Way I look at it, Van Halens and their former record company are fucking themselves out of revenues by not embracing the band's classic legacy.
        Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Lou

It is unbelieveable that they just refuse to put out any Dave-era live, isn't it? Eddie must be that bitter that he just doesn't want Dave to make any money, even if it means that Eddie too will lose a lot of potential revenue.

Fuck these assholes. They're trying so hard to somehow make us forget that Dave even existed.

Comment

• Panamark
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Jan 2004

Too true, LOU.

I think they are also scared to show that stuff cos they know they
            cant compare anymore.
            Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Lou
              It is unbelieveable that they just refuse to put out any Dave-era live, isn't it? Eddie must be that bitter that he just doesn't want Dave to make any money, even if it means that Eddie too will lose a lot of potential revenue.

Fuck these assholes. They're trying so hard to somehow make us forget that Dave even existed.
              it's not about the money...they are cursed by classic VH...they just fucking CAN'T get rid of dave overshadowing whatever they do...

reunite with hager and the first question is: "why not ROTH???"

promote tour and "new" album...you mostly hear ROTH!!!

playing CVH songs live and people give the loudest applause...it also means ROTH !!!

to quote the man...I wonder how sam sleeps at night...

and the best thing is...they got that curse by themselfes when they went on stage with dave in 1996...and I can't think of some fuckers who deserve it more...
              Roth Army Icon
              First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• ODShowtime
                ROCKSTAR

• Jun 2004

Originally posted by Terry
                Way I look at it, Van Halens and their former record company are fucking themselves out of revenues by not embracing the band's classic legacy.
                That's exactly what they're doing. Hopefully this crap tour tanking will pull their heads out of their asses... Then again THEY still made some bucks.

Isn't their some way to induce financial hardship on the sisters? That might help get the train out the station.
                gnaw on it

Comment

• Terry
                  TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                  • Jan 2004

Just a case of karma being slow-moving in the case of the Van Halens.

Roth split, and Ed and Al managed to keep selling records for a long time after he left. Not as many as when Roth was in the band, but enough where they could afford to say, "You don't like us if Roth's not in the band? Well, fuck ya!"

Took about ten years for the downward slide to be felt: decent initial sales for Balance but nothing longterm. Then came the bullshit of 1996. I think Van Halen 3 wouldn't have tanked QUITE as badly if they hadn't teased all of us with Roth's short-lived return. By that point, the Van Halen's attitude was detrimental to the future success of the band. Many, inlcuding me, no longer gave a shit if Eddie and Al LIKED Roth or not and we weren't gonna fall for recycled press quotes from 1985 as to why Cherone was in and Roth wasn't.

Van Hagar 2004 got guaranteed for all those shows, so they made their money, but enough promoters took a bath to ensure that those with the money aren't gonna be ponying up to back another Sam Halen tour. Best Of Both Worlds was a flop even by Van Hagar standards: nobody gave a toss about those three new crocks of shit passed off as songs, and the supporting tour was unattended by almost as much as half in some venues.

Ed, Al and Mike are finally starting to reap what they deserve, but as long as they're getting paid to go out under the name Van Halen without Roth's presence, those three lame fucks still aren't getting their just desserts.
                  Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Golden AWe
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Lou
                    Well at the other end of the spectrum, AC/DC is a class act.

get laid, lou
                    Originally posted by Cato
                    Golden, why are you FAT?
                    Originally posted by lesfunk
                    Much like yourself as the Jim Morrison of Nazi bunker flies
                    http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u...TheDMCross.jpg

Comment

• katie
                      Crazy Ass Mofo
                      • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Panamark
                      Yes, Lee Kerslake and Bob Daisley were rightfully fighting for a fairer
                      share of royalties, as their input on these albums went much further
                      than hired session musicians. Lyrics, melodies, Kerslake/Daisley have
                      just as much rights to the songs on Blizzard/Diary as Ozzy and Randy.

Sharon cant see this, and decided to remove them from the
                      recordings. Which now sound like crap.

Like the Osbournes cant afford to give out fair royalties to two
                      guys who *MADE* Ozzy again? (Along with Randy)

I dont blame Ozzy. Neither do Kerslake and Daisley.
                      Sharon is a fucking control freak bitch.
                      Hi
                      Many thanks for the reply.
                      It is a fucking shame that she has tried to change history like this!

Katie

Comment

• light 'em up!
                        Foot Soldier
                        • Mar 2004

Re: Can you think of a band that has treated its fans worse than Van Halen ?

Originally posted by Panamark
                        Can you think of a band that has treated its fans worse than Van Halen ?
                        No

Comment

Working...