Clear All
  • NAHTAN

Ed will probably be dead, unfortunately

Comment

• doctor roth
      Head Fluffer
      • Jun 2005

Originally posted by johnburrows
      In five years, Eddie will be resting from just finishing a world tour with the classic VH lineup. He'll have already released the solo album with three songs sung by the Diamond Dave. He'll be getting ready to record a new classic VH album.
      I admire your optimism !! I hope your right dude I really do. Dave seemed to bring out the best in Ed and perhaps the spark would still be there.

On the other hand I dont know what a re-union tour would be like. Id rather have the good memories of classic VH than to be left with a half assed "lets make some more money tour" like the rolling stones.

In the end the only way to know is if it actually happened.

Comment

• Diamondjimi
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • May 2004

See this thread....http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/showt...threadid=25206
        Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• Diamonds Kid
          Full On Cocktard
          • Aug 2005

eddie rules

Comment

• Bandit02
            Groupie
            • May 2005

Originally posted by bueno bob
            Nobody gives a shit about Ed now, and that includes the people closest to him - his band.

Alex should never have set up 2004's tour with Sam. Not because of "I hate Sam" bullshit, but simply because Ed obviously was not ready to do it. I really get the strong feeling that Alex strong-armed Ed into the tour (based solely on Ed's outside, and often onstage) behavior during the whole thing. By pretty much all accounts, he didn't look happy and he didn't act happy. A lot of that, I suppose, could be chalked up to the fact that he most likely didn't want to work with Sam again, but overall I think his health is weak and touring (even on the minor scale they did) is a drag on a person.

Mike, of course, is going to do the same thing he's always done - and that's whatever Ed or Al has told him to do. By Ed's own admission, Mike isn't even really close to either one of them, and that point is driven home by Mike's lame-duck excuses whenever he's questioned about Ed ( "Oh, well, Ed's a grown-up, and if he wants to drink/smoke himself into the grave, well, that's his business - but I do want to reiterate that Sammy and I are great friends!" ).

What I have a really hard time understanding is this - Ed is in SERIOUS, serious need of some intervention in his life. He's lost his wife, his son lives with her, he's "recovering" (so we're told) from cancer, his career as a musician is non-existant compared to what it used to be, he can't keep his band together (whoever's in it this week), his personal life is probably in shambles, and he's still smoking and drinking like he's 21 and there's no tomorrow.

Where's Alex? His own brother brings him out of hiding on a tour he probably didn't want to do, and definately wasn't in condition to do? That's his idea of "therapy"?

Where's Sam? For all his professed love of Ed, he finishes up the tour, quits the band and then starts shit-talking Ed, talking about what a miserable human being Ed is? Which is probably the case, but for Christs sake, I wouldn't act that way towards any of my ex bandmates, no matter how much I dislike them and their actions - and I haven't.

Where's Mike? Out on tour with his buddy Sam, blind as a bat, seemingly careless that his bandmate of 30 odd years is driving himself into an early grave.

Jesus Christ, David hasn't been a full time member of the band for 20 years now and he's shown Ed more compassion than either of those 3 fucks has.

If things continue as they are, I'll tell you exactly where Ed's going to be - pushing up daiseys and forgotten by the people who are supposed to be the closest to him.

And other websites wonder why we hate the other guys as much as we do. It should be fucking plain to see.
            Sad but true Bob. It is getting to the point that Eddie has one foot in the grave and one on a banana peel. He does need intervention and I have a feeling that Dave would help Eddie as much or more than his own brother Recovering from cancer is not a short term deal. Although the Atlanta concert 04 was great I had a bad feeling that was the last time other than the Hall of Fame induction I was gonna see Eddie play. I hope I am wrong
            Last edited by Bandit02; 08-12-2005, 02:29 AM.
            Bandit02
            Have ya ever noticed how much Sammy looks like Bette Midler in drag

Comment

• franksters
              Veteran
              • Mar 2004

I think ed will be in a mental institution just like it's shown in the hot for teacher video!!!!

Prophecy????
              SUMMER'S JUST
              AROUND
              THE CORNER!

[IMG]
              http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...rs/2wbthcw.jpg

Comment

• audiospectrum
                Head Fluffer
                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by doctor roth
                I admire your optimism !! I hope your right dude I really do. Dave seemed to bring out the best in Ed and perhaps the spark would still be there.

On the other hand I dont know what a re-union tour would be like. Id rather have the good memories of classic VH than to be left with a half assed "lets make some more money tour" like the rolling stones.

You know dude, I don't think Dave would do it for the money. Man and next time I come visit your mojo dojo, can you at least be awake. You have the potential to be very socially cool, but I dunno, things will click together. Just follow my lead dude, you know I'm DLR incarnate!!
                I'm very proud of what was that band and what was that show and what it did mean to people. It disgusts me that it has turned into the complete opposite. That it now represents everything that I spoke against, that we suppoesedly represented the converse of. I don't want to have to remember that the team turned into that. Makes me question what the team was while I was a member. Was it all bullshit? If nothing else, it confirms in my mind that from my standpoint - yours truly, David Lee - not a fraction. If nothing else, this kind of morbid, wounded animal anger aimed my way has caused me to look deep into that bathroom mirror and come back to you with "my shit was legit." It was for real. And perhaps the test is time. Because here I am, a decade and a half later, haven't changed much. I look a little different, but not much. My sense of humour is about the same.

Comment

• audiospectrum
                  Head Fluffer
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Bandit02
                  It is getting to the point that Eddie has one foot in the grave and one on a banana peel.
                  LMAO, sorry to you Eddie but that's funny!! I think one of these days it's going to happen, Eddie will get it together. It's natures way, consciousness will warm to activities that benefit the body, mind and spirit. At least I sincerely hope so.
                  I'm very proud of what was that band and what was that show and what it did mean to people. It disgusts me that it has turned into the complete opposite. That it now represents everything that I spoke against, that we suppoesedly represented the converse of. I don't want to have to remember that the team turned into that. Makes me question what the team was while I was a member. Was it all bullshit? If nothing else, it confirms in my mind that from my standpoint - yours truly, David Lee - not a fraction. If nothing else, this kind of morbid, wounded animal anger aimed my way has caused me to look deep into that bathroom mirror and come back to you with "my shit was legit." It was for real. And perhaps the test is time. Because here I am, a decade and a half later, haven't changed much. I look a little different, but not much. My sense of humour is about the same.

Comment

• Three Lock Rock
                    Sniper
                    • Apr 2005

hopefuly recordin another great album with SAMMY HAGAR, THE RED ROCKER!!! CUZ IT WOULD REALLY PISS ALL YOU FAGGITS OFF, WOUDNT IT!

FUCK YOU!

Three Lock Rock
                    Kickin Ass and Takin Names
                    No stopping the red rocking!
                    Van Halen 1986-1996, 2004: 80 Million sold and counting!!!

Van Who Again? 2007 : UNDERSOLD, OVERRATED FAILURES!!!

Owned bitches:

Bueno Boob
                    Prikk
                    Billl Limpburgh
                    Dickdfresh
                    Matt Wite
                    Shaun Ponsonby
                    Wawazass
                    Sole Reeper
                    and any other Rothtard faggit that tries to deny that REAL Van Halen is SAMMY HAGAR!

Comment

Working...