Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wrigleyvillbabe
    Groupie
    • Jul 2004

Any pics? I want to see how short his hair is!
    Thanks for your reviews and what the setlist was, you lucky bastards!
    WB

Comment

• guwapo_rocker

Originally posted by spmusicplyr
      i was there with diamondgrl and her friend was one of the photographers.....

yea his hair was short, no goin crazy, there was one point where he slipped and nearly fell but he saved it with a joke. that was cool.

dan akroyd is HUGE. HOLY SHIT>

me, python3, dlrisgod and diamondgirl were all meeting there.
      saw toshi outside....i talked with ray luzier for a couple minutes about the hideous sun demons after the show....he's truly a nice guy.

dave sang ok..... fun show. lots of "go go go" screams...i dont really dig that but hey, he's on stage, not me.

i would have liked to have seen shoo bop and goin crazy, but at least he did just like paradise.

i was front, first row of people, center stage and yes, i had jack daniels on me.

one thing i noticed is that dave actually hi fived people and shook hands with the audience....something he hasnt done in any boots, nor did he the last time i saw him....

oh the opening act was ok....one of those new retro bands...like jet or the darkness....old sounding garage music....
      No shoo Bop and no Goin' Crazy? Wonder why, he played both at Rama. Did Fab show?

Comment

• spmusicplyr
        Foot Soldier
        • May 2004

yea you know this setlist was a little bit of a bummer...

its pretty much the same as all the recent boots, with a few subtractions.....

i really wish he would diversify his setlist a bit....it's getting to be the same thing everytime i watch a dvd, listen to a boot or see him live..

if this guy doesnt start mixing things up its gonna be a drag to pay for the exact same show 3 different times..

i'd really love to see him mix it up and sing something like stand up, you never know...SLAM DUNK!!....just a bit of a new mix...he was so much more than van halen, but all he sings is van halen......

i was thinking today.....how many of you actually like brian young? i was listening to bart walsh...comparing the two....actually, listened to rush parish from the punks....i think rush and bart are both better than brian.......brian fucked up quite a few times, was off key a bit...he really struggled with just like paradise, thats for sure.

Ted jensen was on bass, right? he seemed to have a bit of trouble too now that i really think of the show...i find that odd considering he used to play with dave.....

but maybe all of this was just rust from the lack of shows.

anyone get pics yet?

are any of you musicians besides me that think the same about his guitarist? to the untrianed ear brian sounds fine...
        Got beef with my comments? Blow me!

Comment

• spmusicplyr
          Foot Soldier
          • May 2004

bam....lol

Comment

• spmusicplyr
            Foot Soldier
            • May 2004

we should open thorman an emeril lagasee board and kick him the fuck out

Comment

• DLRisGOD
              Roadie
              • Apr 2005

The long wait to see the return of the Great One was well worth it...

Even moreso when DLR shook my hand TWICE during the show!! (of course the ARMY was front row!!)

Dave's hair was about the length he wore it for the Boston Pops show. And shit, for a dude that's 5 decades old, the fucker is in phenomenal shape... Chicks were literally clawing my back in an attempt to get to the front of the stage!

First and foremost, the man is a SHOWMAN and could've made a highschool garage band look good Friday night...He's just that charismatic and fun to be around...The setlist was what I pretty much envisioned for his first stint back on the road, which was still AWESOME and kept us rockin the entire time... DAVE IS ROCK-N-ROLL PERSONIFIED.

His interaction with the audience was great too...Dave tells some chick not to lick her pretty little tongue his way while she's with her boyfriend unless she's ready to use it...LMFAO

Lots of other stuff I could add that really made Dave's show unforgettable for me, but one of the real highlights for me was the whammy bar madness during the Yankee Rose opening when Dave actually teaches the guitar to speak SPANISH! LOL
              Without DLR in the lineup, Van Halen is merely Rat Salade...

Comment

• VAN HLN CA
                Foot Soldier
                • Apr 2005

hell i live and bleed DLR but honestly have to say it wasnt up on my good times list-I say its 95% for lack of rehearsal or tour-rust will buff off and shine by summer

all in all wants some and rose were highlights for me-
                a bud went wwith never seeing him before and thats why i was bummed he wasnt on his game

Comment

• Figs
                  Crazy Ass Mofo
                  • Jun 2004

rock on...

Comment

• Bandit02
                    Groupie
                    • May 2005

Where can I find a list of venues? I am curious if he is going to be anywhere near Tennessee. ROCK ON DIAMOND DAVE
                    Bandit02
                    Have ya ever noticed how much Sammy looks like Bette Midler in drag

Comment

• DLRisGOD
                      Roadie
                      • Apr 2005

I also noticed that DLR spent a lot of time staring at Diamondgrl...

I'm sure she was wondering if that was a roll of quarters in his pocket, or if he was just happy to see her!!

Aooowaa!
                      Without DLR in the lineup, Van Halen is merely Rat Salade...

Comment

Working...