X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DlocRoth
    ROCKSTAR

• Jan 2004

They'd do "Hot Dog" before Dave would let Ed do "Cheese Walks In"
    Fuck Scott Weiland. Fucking asshole. I get trashed all the time and still go to work. And my job sucks ass. -ODShowtime

Comment

• Terry
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Jan 2004

Slam Dunk was hardly played live, 'specially after 1999. But at least that tune from the fantastic DLR Band album WAS played live, which is a lot more than I can say for the rest of the tunes on it. Kinda like, thanks Dave for putting out another kick-ass album, now maybe play some more tunes off it in concert?

Guess Dave figured that most of the people showing up to see him wanted to hear CVH, so he laid that stuff on thick and heavy in his setlists. Don't think Slam Dunk's range was too high for Roth to reproduce live on a nightly basis.

I dig Skyscraper, but that and Your Filthy Little Mouth get much less spin time from me than EEAS, ALAE and DLR Band, with Diamond Dave getting the least out of all of them. Not so much a case of thinking Skyscraper is subpar or anything.....more that EEAS, ALAE and DLR Band have more tracks that jump out at me, more immediate in terms of my response.
      Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• spmusicplyr
        Foot Soldier
        • May 2004

Originally posted by Terry
        Slam Dunk was hardly played live, 'specially after 1999. But at least that tune from the fantastic DLR Band album WAS played live, which is a lot more than I can say for the rest of the tunes on it. Kinda like, thanks Dave for putting out another kick-ass album, now maybe play some more tunes off it in concert?

Guess Dave figured that most of the people showing up to see him wanted to hear CVH, so he laid that stuff on thick and heavy in his setlists. Don't think Slam Dunk's range was too high for Roth to reproduce live on a nightly basis.

I dig Skyscraper, but that and Your Filthy Little Mouth get much less spin time from me than EEAS, ALAE and DLR Band, with Diamond Dave getting the least out of all of them. Not so much a case of thinking Skyscraper is subpar or anything.....more that EEAS, ALAE and DLR Band have more tracks that jump out at me, more immediate in terms of my response.
        man but slam dunk is such a cool song too...the rest of the album honestly i dont care for that much....i think too much of his 'head range' voice isnt good...and as far as diamond dave...diamond dave gets a lot of play in my truck...i love thug pop and stay while the night is young

Originally posted by Redballjets88
        i love skyscraper ....one thing i hate is when people say "dlr band is the most vh like so i like it" i dont like to compare dlr solo and vh because i think of them as too different things thats why i like skyscraper other than yflm and ddave its something i could never hear vh letting dave do like hot dog and a shake i cant see ed letting dave do that
        i think DLR band is daves worst solo effort to date....aside from slam dunk, there really isnt anything worthy of remembering...(especially his vocal style)...i was pleased for dave to use his regular vocal style for diamond dave....once he starts going for a high Bb, C, D, Eb....just doesnt sound right to me.......thug pop is clean though...thats high..
        Got beef with my comments? Blow me!

Comment

• spmusicplyr
          Foot Soldier
          • May 2004

anyone else have opinions on why he doesnt play any solo material aside from goin crazy and JLP?
          Got beef with my comments? Blow me!

Comment

• Bill Lumbergh
            ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2004

As I and 20 million others have said here, despite the 80's Ass Rock production, Skyscraper is one helluva album. That said, ALAE is an absolute CLASSIC........that album is so overlooked it's fucking sickening! It should have been a multiplatinum album for Dave.........too bad the timing was all wrong. Too bad for Dave that is.........at least I get to enjoy that kickass album for the rest of my life.........(shit I'm getting all teary eyed now........who knew Lady Luck could turn me into a sniveling pussy....I thought only my wife was capable of that! ).

Comment

• Foozwah
              Roadie
              • Jan 2004

Skyscraper does sound dated to me, but I still fucking love it. It's like a weird time-machine, whenever I put it on, I'm a skinny-ass teenager with a fairly bad haircut again.

Comment

• Dave's Dradle
                Roadie
                • Mar 2004

Never liked Skyscraper and still don't, Knucklebones, JLP and Damn Good are about it for me.

Comment

Working...