Is Roth back in the gutter?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kat

Originally posted by Big Troubles
    ... Ive never seen Dave do anything to raise the competition bar with Van Halen and I dont think he's going to this time.
    I look at it a little differently. I think both VH and Dave were competing with each other after the break-up...album for album.

I HOPE that Dave does feel competitive with this VH/Sammy thing. I would LOVE to hear some NEW kick-ass music from Dave along the line of DLR Band.

I think this is exactly what Dave needs to get his creativity flowing again. I'll see him anytime he's in my area, but it would be great to actually hear something other than the same old Van Halen songs - give us more SOLO stuff, Dave!

Comment

• L.S.D.

Originally posted by beto
      roth is van halen period. fuck that piece of shit evh, back stubbing
      bastard. dave is doing just fine . love you dave. rock on.
      please come on down to montreal.
      I believe the name is Eddie Van Halen, not dave van halen, fucking douche.

Comment

• pardo

Dave is doing what Dave wants. I don't think he's bent on world domination like he experienced from '78 - '84. If he were, he wouldn't have released Diamond Dave, done the No Holds BBQ etc...

He's one of the few guys who's able to follow his whims and have fun doing it.

Comment

• Fairwrning
          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
          • Jan 2004

i dunno that dave has been out of the gutter since 85-86....that vegas shit was the low point..
          BUT, with that said, like someone else said above..his gutter is nicer than ill ever see...if he died today, the guy banged more chicks, toured the world, was waited on hand and foot daily...jesus christ, the guy is a legend...
          bottom line..when you say Van Halen, the first image that comes to the brain is Dave..sammy, Ed and co. will have to live with it..

Comment

• beto

Originally posted by L.S.D.
            I believe the name is Eddie Van Halen, not dave van halen, fucking douche.
            GO FUCK YOURSELF ,YOU AND THAT PIECE OF SHIT EVH.GO LISTEN TO YOUR FAG VAN HAGAR MUSIC. IF IT WASN'T FOR DLR .EVH WOULD STILL BE PIANTING FENCES TO BUY GUITAR STRINGS.

ROTH IS VH DON.T FORGET THAT DOUCHE

Comment

• L.S.D.

what? If it wasnt for eddie, dlr would never amounted to anything. What did dlr for the music? He wrote lyrics jackass. Stop sucking dlrs dick and come back to reality didp shit. Whos' playing arenas and the songs he wrote, and whos playing clubs with the songs somebody else wrote? jackass.

Comment

• Sammy Who??
                Head Fluffer
                • Jan 2004

LSD go back from where you came from douchebag.

Comment

• pardo

For fucks sake! When will you people realize that neither DLR or EVH were singularly responsible for the dominance that was the Almighty Van Halen? It truely was a Ying Yang situation. Where one was lacking, the other made up for it - and then some!

I can't pick who I thought was cooler or better from '78 - '84. They were both incredible. Those first 6 albums are why I'm here. Not to bitch about the current sorry state of the Van Halen saga. If I did that, I'd be one miserable bastard.

Comment

• thefive

Sarge
                    "Dave is a millionaire Rockstar
                    Shit.. his gutter is lined with more weed, coke and bitches than we have ever seen."

That is true and is funny as hell how you put it Sarge.

When I was watching that show on VH1 and Sammy said that. I was like this is a 57 year old man. GROW UP MAN.

THEFIVE

Comment

• beto

what? If it wasnt for eddie, dlr would never amounted to anything. What did dlr for the music? He wrote lyrics jackass. Stop sucking dlrs dick and come back to reality didp shit. Whos' playing arenas and the songs he wrote, and whos playing clubs with the songs somebody else wrote? jackass.

Doesn't hagar have a site. why are these hagar fans on this site
                      fuck off

Comment

• knuckleboner
                        Crazy Ass Mofo
                        • Jan 2004

i've said it before and i'll say it again...

the only reason DLR seems to have fallen so far, is that he was at the pinnicle. he was the apex. he was at 11. all black. how much more black could he get? none more black.

the only place to go from there was down. and a successful solo career, such as a multiplatinum EP, 2 platinum LPs, a gold (maybe the 3rd platinum) LP, a platinum video complilation; arena tours, etc... all seems like a fall, only because DLR with van halen was the ultimate.

yeah, DLR has been the butt of jokes at times. but the sad part isn't being the butt of jokes. it's being forgotten. and one thing dave will never be, is forgotten.

Comment

• NathanRay
                          Head Fluffer
                          • Feb 2004

Amen brother
                          "It's just not an option for me to go and watch some other band — who are only performing because they have some new record coming out — do our music," Roth said. "I have nothing against Velvet Revolver — I'm not familiar with their music — but that was my 3 minutes and 22 seconds up there."
                          Roth Keeps it REEEEAL

Originally posted by Antman
                          Fuck Alex Van Halen. That mongoloid Mr. Spock looking mother fucker.

Comment

• beto

Originally posted by knuckleboner
                            i've said it before and i'll say it again...

the only reason DLR seems to have fallen so far, is that he was at the pinnicle. he was the apex. he was at 11. all black. how much more black could he get? none more black.

the only place to go from there was down. and a successful solo career, such as a multiplatinum EP, 2 platinum LPs, a gold (maybe the 3rd platinum) LP, a platinum video complilation; arena tours, etc... all seems like a fall, only because DLR with van halen was the ultimate.

yeah, DLR has been the butt of jokes at times. but the sad part isn't being the butt of jokes. it's being forgotten. and one thing dave will never be, is forgotten.

right on bro

Comment

• degüello
                              Sniper
                              • Mar 2004

Well put, Knuckleboner.
                              "What we've been doing, which is great and certainly cost saving, is I train in the sand pit in McDonald's. I do a few laps. I go through the tunnel a few times. The kids don't mind if I smoke. Plus, when I'm done, lunch is right there."- DLR 2003

Comment

• vh1978-1984
                                Full On Cocktard
                                • Mar 2004

this post is so stupid it is funny, do you honestly think without dave's charisma van halen would have ever made it. no offense dude, eddie was a great guitarist but eddie, alex and michael anthony are about as interesting to the media (which made vh famous) as a lawn mower. eddie and the boys now just live off what roth helped create, i will say though that together they were great but without roth as the one dude said they are air supply with a guitarist and an ugly vocalist. praise dlr and pity the no talent hack sammy hagar.

Comment

Working...