X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Silexxx
    Head Fluffer
    • Sep 2010

Sebastian Bach wants to hang out with Dave

In a new interview with "Paltrocast" host Darren Paltrowitz, former SKID ROW singer Sebastian Bach reflected on the time, more than a decade ago, when he spent a 12-hour flight sitting next to legendary VAN HALEN frontman David Lee Roth. He said (as transcribed by BLABBERMOUTH.NET): "What a great me...

In a new interview with "Paltrocast" host Darren Paltrowitz, former SKID ROW singer Sebastian Bach reflected on the time, more than a decade ago, when he spent a 12-hour flight sitting next to legendary VAN HALEN frontman David Lee Roth. He said (as transcribed by BLABBERMOUTH.NET): "What a great memory, man. God, that's incredible. Oh man. Okay. So I sometimes play in a corporate band called KINGS OF CHAOS, which is run by [former GUNS N' ROSES drummer] Matt Sorum. So that was a KINGS OF CHAOS gig [at the Stone Music Festival in April 2013] in Sydney, Australia. And in KINGS OF CHAOS that day was me, Steve Stevens, [GUNS N' ROSES bassist] Duff McKagan on bass, Matt Sorum on drums. And we opened up for AEROSMITH and VAN HALEN — at one show. The original VAN HALEN… Well, no, with Wolfgang [Van Halen instead of Michael Anthony]. VAN HALEN, AEROSMITH and KINGS OF CHAOS. And then before us was Jimmy Barnes, who's one of the biggest Australian singers. So it was a very weird gig, man. Very strange gig."
    He continued: "On the way home from the gig, I get on my plane flight. From Sydney, Australia to Los Angeles is an extremely long flight, and I look behind me and two rows behind me is Diamond David Lee Roth in a seat all by himself. And I started watching movies. I was so nervous and freaked out 'cause I'm such a fan of Dave. And I remember I watched the story of [the legendary doom metal pioneers] PENTAGRAM, the band PENTAGRAM. There's a documentary. And I watched that on the plane. And when that was over, I said to myself, I go, 'Fuck it, man.' I go, 'I can't do this. I can't pretend that David Lee Roth is not sitting behind me.' So I stood up and I went, I go, 'Hey, Dave, please, man. Can we get to…?' He goes, 'Hey, Baz. What's up, man? Have a seat, man. Have a seat right here, Sebastian.' And I've partied with him before, but I was totally sober on this flight. I wasn't drinking or anything. Dave was reading a book by Tom Clancy — some spy novel. I'm trying to paint a picture for you. He was sitting there with a paperback by Tom Clancy, 'cause I was taking all this in. And that was gonna keep him company for the whole plane flight. So when I sat down, we ordered coffee. I ordered coffee, and we spent the whole flight talking and laughing. We got a little too loud. Dave's laughter is loud. And then I started getting loud, and me and David Lee Roth together got so loud that the stewardess came over and said, 'Could you guys pipe it down a little bit?' And that happened. I mean, imagine me and Dave together. There's a picture on my Instagram somewhere from that plane flight of me and Dave."
    Bach added: "There's a part in David Lee Roth's book, if you ever read it, where he tells a story of being bullied at school and he tells the story of going home and being so hurt that he's on his porch and he says, 'I'm never gonna have a real friend ever again.' That's in his book, that he made that choice when he was, like, 13 or 12 And I wanted to be Dave's friend, because he treated me like that. He was my bud. He was always so nice and funny to me and cool. And he gave me his cell phone number. And as soon as I got home from that plane flight, I was texting him: 'Let's hang out, man. I'll be your buddy.' And I never really heard back from him. So I guess… I don't know, but… When he gave me his phone number, I had it in my brain that we were gonna be best buddies. [Laughs]

"So, Dave, if you're reading this interview, give me a call, man. Let's hang out. Let's smoke a joint, listen to some vinyl records. I know you would like that."

• Seshmeister
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Comment

• DLR Bridge
      ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Kindred spirits.

Comment

• Terry
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Jan 2004

Christ, can you imagine trying to decipher a hypothetical conversation between those two perpetual motormouths?
        Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

Working...