Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dirty Duck
    Sniper
    • Aug 2005

I never liked One Foot Out The Door...I thought it was a waste of creative space. Just my opinion.

Comment

• doctor roth
      Head Fluffer
      • Jun 2005

Originally posted by Radio Birdman
      'One Foot Out The Door."
      Man that tune just flat out rocks!!!
      Fair enough brother. This web site would be a boreing piece of shit if we all had exactly the same point of view.

Comment

• Big Fat Sammy
        Veteran
        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by ELVIS
        And you consider yourself a Dave fan ??

I said "if" it had one weak moment...

If I had to pick one thing...but like I said, its cool with me.

Comment

• Wonder Twins
          Roadie
          • May 2005

Hey Elvis DD still is a kick ass CD. I could just go without Dancin in the street, pretty woman. It was a throw together CD more then a planned new material CD. That is what I meant. In the grand scheme of things with regard sto the CVH Catalog, it is liek asking who is better Joe DImaggio,Babe RUth or Mickey Mantle? All Kick ass so who cares.

Comment

• DrMaddVibe
            ROTH ARMY ELITE
            • Jan 2004

As much as I love CVH...Diver Down was weak.

It had its moments and Dave sang on it, but it pales to Van Halen I, II, WACF, Fair Warning and 1984.

It seemed rushed, although they toured hard for it with the Stones.
            http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x...auders1zl5.gif
            http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c4...willywonka.gif

Comment

• 4moreyears
              Commando
              • Oct 2004

Originally posted by thome
              By DOWN do you all mean Low Quality or You find it Crap.

I like the whole Book the Stuff thats Diff is My Favorite part.

I totally dig the Travis Tritt Duet Dave never misses w me.

I find two maybe three songs on most things i buy great.

Dark Side of The Moon all of it Excellent very little else is
              whole album respected by me Dave is just fun to listen too
              even when hes being serious.
              What planet are you on???

Comment

• thome
                ROTH ARMY ELITE
                • Mar 2005

posted: 09-29-2005 at 04:53 AM
                Is CVH and dave beyond reproach ??
                Yes. next:

Comment

• Big Troubles
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Feb 2004

It'll happen. But like I said in another thread Van Halen, to be "The Mighty Van Halen" again would need at least a years worth of rehearsing. Old shit/New shit. That way when an album IS released and they tour-it wont be sloppy. They'll need to figure out a way of not putting personal issues between them and realise there is a much bigger world than the 4 of them.
                  It's that simple. To us.
                  "FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKIN' BITCH! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ANYWAYS? TALK TO ME LIKE THAT? FUCK YOU. DRAG QUEEN LOOKIN' WHORE- YOU AINT SHIT. YOUR THE FRECKLE TO THE LEFT OF MY BROWN EYE. NOW GO MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL...OH, PUT DAD ON THE PHONE"

Comment

• Big Troubles
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Feb 2004

They would start the tour real clean too. No booze or dope. Whole world is gonna be watching and they wont want to "trip and fall".
                    But I bet they end the tour with a fucking bang!
                    "FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKIN' BITCH! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ANYWAYS? TALK TO ME LIKE THAT? FUCK YOU. DRAG QUEEN LOOKIN' WHORE- YOU AINT SHIT. YOUR THE FRECKLE TO THE LEFT OF MY BROWN EYE. NOW GO MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL...OH, PUT DAD ON THE PHONE"

Comment

• TheManWithNoName

There\'s no way this band would make it through a year of rehearsal, with Roth involved clean.

I\'d have to be high all the time to work with dEd--

Comment

• Big Troubles
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Feb 2004

well Im just saying, IF it were to work, that's what we are looking at. Whether Dave can stay clean, or Ed or if Al can be a professional or if they could it without Mike... There's all sorts of "ifs". But the blueprint of a project like reuniting Van Halen is still going to be practice practice practice. There were offers for the group to reunite for one time shows. Millions of dollars. PPV, the whole deal. Of course Dave was for it and never got feedback from the VH side. That's post '96 too. Can you imagine what a "last minute" show from an original classic group that hasn't toured together since 1984 would be like? I can and it isn't pretty.

Comment

• audiospectrum
                          Head Fluffer
                          • Jan 2004

Doctor Roth, I can see your point about some VH and solo Dave material being musically not up to your lofty standards. It's a fair comment to make, but when it all boils down to it, I love Van Halen and DLR unconditionally and regardless of the music, lyrics, melody, cowbell tinks, whatever - it's the attitude and meaning that they serve up. The music is just a bunch of notes, a whole lotta sound, technically. But there is a certain vibe and a certain way of being that Dave and band dishes up to you, you can't HATE anything!! You can only like some songs better at certain points in time. That's what I mean when I say that Dave never lets you down. He even says it himself about personal interaction, "Least important is the occational flat note - it's the intent and the body language." Works for music as well. Music to me is absolutely personal interaction. It aint no toy! And I fucking love CVH and DLR!!
                          I'm very proud of what was that band and what was that show and what it did mean to people. It disgusts me that it has turned into the complete opposite. That it now represents everything that I spoke against, that we suppoesedly represented the converse of. I don't want to have to remember that the team turned into that. Makes me question what the team was while I was a member. Was it all bullshit? If nothing else, it confirms in my mind that from my standpoint - yours truly, David Lee - not a fraction. If nothing else, this kind of morbid, wounded animal anger aimed my way has caused me to look deep into that bathroom mirror and come back to you with "my shit was legit." It was for real. And perhaps the test is time. Because here I am, a decade and a half later, haven't changed much. I look a little different, but not much. My sense of humour is about the same.

Comment

• ELVIS
                            Banned
                            • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Wonder Twins
                            Hey Elvis DD still is a kick ass CD. I could just go without Dancin in the street, pretty woman. It was a throw together CD more then a planned new material CD. That is what I meant.

I really like Dancin' In The Street...

Pretty Woman, I can do without...

Comment

• Rikk
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Big Fat Sammy
                              Sensible Shoes (although many love it)
                              Damn! That's my second-favorite Dave solo tune (behind LITTLE TEXAS).
                              Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
                              Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• Rikk
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by TheManWithNoName
                                There\'s no way this band would make it through a year of rehearsal, with Roth involved clean.

I\'d have to be high all the time to work with dEd--
                                \
                                Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
                                Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

Working...