Has Spammy's Van Hagar actually sold out any shows yet ??

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Panamark
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Brett
    Nah just your sister's.
    I'll ask her if she is into emporers who wear womens underwear. Who knows ? You might be in luck.
    BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
    Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• pete
      Crazy Ass Mofo
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Dave's Dradle
      They are making plenty of money on this tour. They are getting a 1 million dollar guarantee per show according to Billboard. Times ninety shows that's 90 million before they sell one fucking shirt. The guarantee is the reason the ticket prices are so high. The venue and the sales agent set the prices and a large part of setting the price is the band's guarantee. As long as they complete the tour these guys are making huge bucks, they don't need to call Dave unfortunately to rake in the dollars.
      u2 cleared $120,000,000 stateside alone
      over $200,000,000 total
      that was in 1991

not arguing just mentioning it.

Comment

• Brett
        Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

U2 is a way, way, way bigger overseas than VH. And they're bigger in the US too for that matter.

Comment

• howard_huges
          Roth Army Recruit
          • Apr 2004

Every show that has gone on sale has sold out fast. we watched 76 five star tickets, $390.00 tickets, sell out in 12 minutes. they had to add several shows due to popular demand. ya know I saw Daves skyscraper tour, I enjoyed it, it was a good "show" I have seen Sammy, by himself and that is personal he is real. I seen VH with Sammy as well and that is a concert on a whole different level. I had the experience of VH with Gary Sharone and I must say, Dave does not come close to that kind of realism. Ya know I have read some stuff here at this site and it seems to me that a bunch of free computers must of been handed out at the detention center, it is to bad they can't hand out good sense. Its a shame that you people have to be so bitter. There comes a time when you must move on,
          I am sure that if Dave uses his talent instead of his big fat head he might make it back in to the realm of "good music"
          Your all hacking on VanHalen, I am sure I seen a VH around here somewhere, it is not only hypocritical, it is childish.

Comment

• MAX
            Rotharmy Gladiator

DIAMOND STATUS
            • Jan 2004

Yeah, the five star chedd-festivals are long gone. People willing to pay $350 and up to blow Spermy, Ozzy, Martin Landau and the "gopher" Mullet A. deserve it. Have you not considered high risk mutual funds? Better payoff cretins. LOL!

Outside of the ONE VEGAS SHOW?

What is actually "sold out?"
            Last edited by MAX; 04-27-2004, 01:30 AM.
            EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Comment

• Brett
              Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Added a second show at Staples Center, you don't do that for a losing proposition. Guys, you are really are being silly. I'm sure most of these shows will be sold out at some point, still got over three months before most of them. I'm not going to enjoy the show any less if there are 2,000 people there or 20,000. The less the better in fact!
              Last edited by Brett; 04-27-2004, 01:32 AM.

Comment

• MAX
                Rotharmy Gladiator

DIAMOND STATUS
                • Jan 2004

Brett,

My friend, I'm not being fucking stupid. Sure I'm overwhelmingly biased but give me a break?

No offense but it truly is a cart before the horse scenerio. VHAGAR gets paid hella regardless, they are selling and adding dates but the night's where they have two shows are premature. I say that cos they add second shows in addition to a first show that STILL has mucho tickets.

Also, I beg to differ my old friend but Vegas shows are ALL TO EASY! If you need any tix, I can point you in the right direction and they are cheap bro!!!!
                EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Comment

• tjvhou812
                  Full Member Status

• Mar 2004

its time to get off sammy's dick
                  Originally posted by RIKK

Now, tj was indeed a major cunt. Indeed, he probably still is.

Comment

• MAX
                    Rotharmy Gladiator

DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by tjvhou812
                    its time to get off sammy's dick
                    Heh?

Please explain boy cos being friends with Brett hardly constitutes being a Hagar fan? Read your VHFAN history 210 boy!!! It's on page 456. :p
                    EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Comment

• Greenbuds
                      Roadie
                      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Dave's Dradle
                      They are making plenty of money on this tour. They are getting a 1 million dollar guarantee per show according to Billboard. Times ninety shows that's 90 million before they sell one fucking shirt.

That's bullshit. This is what Billboard said:

"The last of these launched with impressive on-sales last week, surely easing the minds of some promoters who ponied up artist guarantees of $750,000 to $1 million, according to sources."

That means it could be as little as 1 million for one show out of 90. It may also mean a million for a number of shows under the same promoter. It is also as truthfull as the 'sources'. Could be more propaganda, because the SHOWS HAVEN'T BEEN SELLING OUT.

Another thing is Pollstar does not rank ticket sales, they only rank searches. VH is not even the top seached anymore, Clapton, Kiss and others are above at the moment. And most searches are done by people to see if any shows have sold out, which only 1 has. ANd of course one act may get searched more that week becuase their tickets JUST WENT ON SALE.

Don't fall victim to these VH sheep MORONS - THAT CAN'T FUCKING READ! The tour is bombing and they are bitter, WHY ELSE WOULD THEY BE HERE TO SPREAD LIES???

Comment

• Panamark
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Jan 2004

I like Brenty Brents excuses so far, lets see..

- They are shit seats
                        - The concerts are months away
                        - The shows will be better with less there.
                        - They are adding second shows (without filling the first ?)

Hmmmmmm

Im not at all convinced

As usual MAX has the FACTS !

ONE SHOW ONLY SOLD OUT !! TICKETS HAVE BEEN ON SALE FOR WEEKS !
                        Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• Panamark
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Jan 2004

HEY LSD !

SINCE YOU THINK ITS THE FUCKING DECIDER FOR ALL ARGUMENTS !

POLLSTAR TOP 50

List updated every Friday.
                          Last Week This Week Artist Power
                          Index

1 1 Eric Clapton 1.000
                          39 2 KISS .554
                          47 3 The Who .430
                          4 4 Van Halen .429
                          2 5 Pixies .317
                          6 Velvet Revolver .249
                          6 7 Prince .219
                          Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• Brett
                            Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

I never said anybody was "fucking stupid" Max, I called you guys silly. I'm also the one Marky Mark that gave the only fact in this thread when I, that's I, informed you that Vegas show was sold out. So you better start giving credit where credit is due.

I haven't made excuses for anything Marky Mark. They're all facts. Duh.

What "excuses" have I made? I said I don't care if the shows are full, how is that an "excuse?" That's me saying I really don't care if the shows are full or not, I'm going to enjoy them no matter. That's not an excuse, it doesn't matter to me if VH makes $2 on this tour or $200 million. I will enjoy it either way, let Eddie and the boys worry about their bank accounts.

Just like people enjoy Dave playing to 300 people at the House of Blues, I don't mind going to see Van Halen in front of a half-full Staples Center (which it won't be as much as you wish for it).

As to why they are adding second shows at large venues. Should seem pretty obvious shouldn't it? Ticket sales aren't as bad as you wish they were. It makes no sense for a promoter to add second shows to the largest arena venues in the US without solid sales projections. Maybe promoters do stupid shit like that in Australia, they don't here.

And Max, well I stopped gambling years ago, I never go to Vegas anymore. But sure for research purposes, I'm curious where these "cheap" tickets for Vegas are. Post the link, and I'll investigate.
                            Last edited by Brett; 04-27-2004, 02:27 PM.

Comment

• L.S.D.

Originally posted by Panamark
                              HEY LSD !

SINCE YOU THINK ITS THE FUCKING DECIDER FOR ALL ARGUMENTS !

POLLSTAR TOP 50

List updated every Friday.
                              Last Week This Week Artist Power

Index

1 1 Eric Clapton 1.000
                              39 2 KISS .554
                              47 3 The Who .430
                              4 4 Van Halen .429
                              2 5 Pixies .317
                              6 Velvet Revolver .249
                              6 7 Prince .219
                              What's your point, read the facts, they were #1 for 2 weeks and as soon as the rest of the shows go on sale this weekend, they will be #1 again. So they are #4 out of evrything this week. Do you think dlr has hit the top 1,000 in the last 13 years? Other than when Hagar bailed him out when he came crawling? No and No.

Comment

• L.S.D.

Originally posted by Brett
                                I never said anybody was "fucking stupid" Max, I called you guys silly. I'm also the one Marky Mark that gave the only fact in this thread when I, that's I, informed you that Vegas show was sold out. So you better start giving credit where credit is due.

I haven't made excuses for anything Marky Mark. They're all facts. Duh.

What "excuses" have I made? I said I don't care if the shows are full, how is that an "excuse?" That's me saying I really don't care if the shows are full or not, I'm going to enjoy them no matter. That's not an excuse, it doesn't matter to me if VH makes $2 on this tour or $200 million. I will enjoy it either way, let Eddie and the boys worry about their bank accounts.

Just like people enjoy Dave playing to 300 people at the House of Blues, I don't mind going to see Van Halen in front of a half-full Staples Center (which it won't be as much as you wish for it).

As to why they are adding second shows at large venues. Should seem pretty obvious shouldn't it? Ticket sales aren't as bad as you wish they were. It makes no sense for a promoter to add second shows to the largest arena venues in the US without solid sales projections. Maybe promoters do stupid shit like that in Australia, they don't here.

And Max, well I stopped gambling years ago, I never go to Vegas anymore. But sure for research purposes, I'm curious where these "cheap" tickets for Vegas are. Post the link, and I'll investigate.
                                "Yeah this tour is selling like shit, lets book another night!" YOU FUCKING MORONS!! Brett telss it like it is and no-one can say a thing.

Comment

Working...