X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bru87tr
    Commando
    • Apr 2004

you can look at it a few ways.....

guitarists are close to their guitars and like to mark them up. I can totally see ed doing this and if he can come up with the music he come up with he can come up with marking his guitar.

on the other hand daves had all the ideas for shows, stages, banners, videos, album covers...etc its just as easy to think dave could have come up with the idea. I means shit...ed can be a moron, dave suggested the Van Halen name didnt he ? and ed said no at first. so isnt it quite possible dave came up with it as much as ed could have.

put an end to it guys. if the story is true its true but I know many guitarists and its just second nature for them to make their guitars their own and mark them.
    "I've been rich and I've been poor....rich is better, totally better"

Comment

• masterpantera
      Roth Army Recruit
      • Jun 2005

on tastes there is nothing written (spanish proverb)

Originally posted by Imapus Sylicker
      Actually, in my opinion, after Dave left VH, his solo career had ups and downs, but stating that "his albums got progressively worse after he left VH" is a bit of an exaggeration. 'Skyscraper' was worse than 'Eat 'Em and Smile', but 'A Little Ain't Enough' was MUCH better than 'Skyscraper'. 'Your Filthy Little Mouth' was a great experimental album and 'DLR Band' was as good - musically speaking - as any album he had released, even though I hate his voice there.

But yes, Dave needs Eddie to sell. And Eddie needs Dave to write stuff for him.

Cheers! :bottle:
      which one is the parameter to say what is better?... for my brother, skyscraper is the best DLR album. for me, the order is EAT'EM AND SMILE / A LITTLE AIN'T ENOUGH / SKYSCRAPER / DIAMOND DAVE / CRAZY FROM THE HEAT / YOUR FILTHY LITTLE MOUTH / DLR BAND.
      for most people YFLM is the worst album, but from DLRB i like only 2 songs ('king of the hill' & 'wawazat').

and from VHDLR albums, its harder to decide because they were released in a short period of time, and i think that the music doesnt change a lot from one to another. the only one that sounds diffetent is 1984. and from diver down... i love 'happy trails'!!

i remember to have read a critic where the guy says that OU812 was the BEST VH album ever, and he gives his point of view why. of course i doesnt agree with that, but i respect his opinion. the same for sammy/david, you can like any/none/both and will be ok too.

and last, i dont think DAVE needs eddie to sell. could be steve too . or maybe, andy timmons . i like richie kotzen too, but the ego fighting would be impossible

...and i prefer an excellent album musically speakin, before a best selling album

Comment

• fuckhowardstern
        Commando
        • Nov 2005

I am really good at telling when someone is a lying - I wont go into why except to say that I do it all day long just about every day . I was on the phone with Dave when he said that it was his idea for the stripes and that he provided the paint for the first frankenstrat. I am convinced that he is telling the truth. A guy like DLR doesn't have to make up stories. He has plenty of truth to impress people with.

Comment

• Douglas T.
          Full Member Status

• Nov 2005

Originally posted by fuckhowardstern
          I am really good at telling when someone is a lying - I wont go into why except to say that I do it all day long just about every day .
          So it's YOU that keeps calling and asking about my truck payments? i tell you the check is in the mail!

Comment

• fuckhowardstern
            Commando
            • Nov 2005

LMAO - something like that.

Comment

• Anonymous
              Banned
              • May 2004

Originally posted by masterpantera
              ...and i prefer an excellent album musically speakin, before a best selling album
              Amen to that... and let's not forget that a solid album will sell more in the long run than any 'best selling' pop shit.

I mean, does anybody even buys Van Hagar albums theses days?

Cheers! :bottle:

Comment

Working...