• Show
Clear All
  • thome
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    • Mar 2005

Ain't no secret....

That I'm a Dave O'ite and a long time Talk Radio listener.This is good
    Radio .....

It all must not be Politics ,Sex, I am enjoying the Politics of Sex...

Stern would be so how big was it.....lol

Comment

• hambon4lif
      Crazy Ass Mofo
      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by ThrillsNSpills
      this show isn't going to last.
      Well....it's good to see you have your own 'Lou' over here.....

Comment

• bantonelli
        Crazy Ass Mofo
        • Nov 2004

Re: Ain't no secret....

Originally posted by thome
        That I'm a Dave O'ite and a long time Talk Radio listener.This is good
        Radio .....

It all must not be Politics ,Sex, I am enjoying the Politics of Sex...

Stern would be so how big was it.....lol
        Exactly.
        "Meet us in the Future.....NOT the Pasture".......DLR, August '07, VH Press Conference - Tour '07-'08

Comment

• ThrillsNSpills
          ROTH ARMY ELITE
          • Jan 2004

I don't want to be pessimistic ladies.
          I am a huge Dave fan.

People don't want to think in the morning. They want to laugh so they can transition from the pain of morning and commuting to a better frame of mind.
          Listening to bulemia stories and rape and drugs and alcohol topics (which the religious right is boiling over about, guaranteed)
          isn't going to do it unless there is a concerted effort to be compelling. He's got to hold people who aren't rabid fans, period.

The average listener doesn't have an attention span for this in the morning. Which I hate to say and I'm not saying Howard is the end all/be all.
          He couldn't keep his best lineup but he knew how to keep people glued when he was really funny.

There's a lot about the show that is good but it's a hard thing to plug into unless it becomes more compelling.
          Radio is a fickle audience.
          (now disagree if you want, but at least you're thinkin.' )

Comment

• ThrillsNSpills
            ROTH ARMY ELITE
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by hambon4lif
            Well....it's good to see you have your own 'Lou' over here.....
            hardly bro,

Comment

• Douglas T.
              Full Member Status

• Nov 2005

Their salutin' Sensible Shoes at DDLR now e got to get a caller through for the Army! This day is busy phonewise 'cuz I haven't gotten anything but busy signals. Yesterday was ring ring ring and I'm afraid four rude "call back later"s! They might judge topics by calls that come in! however I can't imagine DAVES phone NOT ringing!

Comment

• bantonelli
                Crazy Ass Mofo
                • Nov 2004

I am a huge Dave fan.

People don't want to think in the morning. They want to laugh so they can transition from the pain of morning and commuting to a better frame of mind.
                Listening to bulemia stories and rape and drugs and alcohol topics (which the religious right is boiling over about, guaranteed)
                isn't going to do it unless there is a concerted effort to be compelling. He's got to hold people who aren't rabid fans, period.

The average listener doesn't have an attention span for this in the morning. Which I hate to say and I'm not saying Howard is the end all/be all.
                He couldn't keep his best lineup but he knew how to keep people glued when he was really funny.

There's a lot about the show that is good but it's a hard thing to plug into unless it becomes more compelling.
                I respect your opinion, but I do think that exactly what you just explained should be something you should email directly to Dave, since we have that ability and they seem to read the emails. Your opinion could help steer some of the way things are handled....especially since you are a Dave fan and he's not a seasoned DJ, your opinion is valuable and I don't think he ignores the masses. It's up to us to guide him in a sort of way to know what the listener will find interesting at this time of morning.

Give it a try? what do ya say?
                "Meet us in the Future.....NOT the Pasture".......DLR, August '07, VH Press Conference - Tour '07-'08

Comment

• blonddgirl777
                  ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2005

I am a huge Dave fan.

Unfortunately...I agree with some of it... really!
                  http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e9...oman-movie.jpg
                  Originally posted by Nitro Express
                  ... What erases the linger of horniness more than Al Quaida? Then blondegirl can post some new hot dudes and stir a new wave of horniness...
                  Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise
                  [B]... Cooking, I mean Cooking, is men's field...
                  http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e9...i_triangle.jpg
                  Originally posted by VanHalener
                  ... Fight the Good Fight and Win!...
                  Originally posted by FORD
                  ... And let's face it, if mothers (except Chelsea Clinton's) ruled this world, there would be no goddamned war in the first place...

Comment

• thome
                    ROTH ARMY ELITE
                    • Mar 2005

I am a huge Dave fan.

I actually get my thinkin out of the way in the morning. As in -Work Mode-
                    I was there in 73 and grew up w The ZOO type Radio and Im not over
                    that but have since i was about 30 found it a lil' repetitive and enjoy
                    the opportunity to listen to Radio that isn't, ALL Wacky..?

Comment

• weesfreewheelin
                      Roadie
                      • Mar 2004

Um, I thought you said we are not capable of thinking first thing in the morning?:confused:

Comment

• blonddgirl777
                        ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2005

Originally posted by blonddgirl777
                        Unfortunately...I agree with some of it... really!
                        Make no mistake...
                        I have been, and still am a long time, die hard VH/D.L.R. fan too!
                        ... What erases the linger of horniness more than Al Quaida? Then blondegirl can post some new hot dudes and stir a new wave of horniness...
                        ... And let's face it, if mothers (except Chelsea Clinton's) ruled this world, there would be no goddamned war in the first place...

Comment

• blonddgirl777
                          ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2005

Originally posted by weesfreewheelin
                          Um, I thought you said we are not capable of thinking first thing in the morning?:confused:
                          It is almost 10:00 on the east coast and I've had 2 double espressos...
                          I am thinking "too much"!!!!!

Comment

• Douglas T.
                            Full Member Status

• Nov 2005

Bailin' out! Catch y'all layta ... PEACE!

Comment

• fuckhowardstern
                              Commando
                              • Nov 2005

I am a huge Dave fan.

People don't want to think in the morning....
                              I love to think in the morning. There is a huge niche of people that have to think all day at work and want to warm up the synapsis with something light. I was thinking the show has been dumbed down o bit both yesterday and today, a bit too much for my tastes, in fact, for the specific reason of widening the audience and appealing to those that don't want to think too much (or can't). The shows before yesterday were more cerebral, but still not as difficult as listening to Pat Buchanan debate Barry Lind.

It's still too early to predict the shows success or failure. I am sure the station is running all kinds of tests to determine listenership and has a staff of marketing professionals to tweak the program this way or that.

Comment

• bantonelli
                                Crazy Ass Mofo
                                • Nov 2004

I'm getting the total run around. Called several times to the station and by 10:02AM they are tellng me that DLR has already left....I was looking for Matt Sencio.......this is going to be "Effen" difficult. Oh well...

Comment

Working...