Have you had a change of heart on Roth Radio?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • diamondsgirl
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Apr 2004

Originally posted by haha
    With over 6,000 posts in under 2 years .
    comes to under 10 posts per day...I'm soooo ashamed...look at me spending time at a site dedicated to a guy whose career I've been following for over 25 years...

did I mention he's sitting in the hottest seat in radio right now??

hahahahahaha......

lets add up all your aliases and see what you got for a post count

on a site where you clearly don't belong
    “Why do people say "grow some balls"? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding” ― Betty White

Comment

• diamondsgirl
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Apr 2004

I wonder what EVH's plans are for tomorrow? You know, while Dave's talking to millions while making millions sitting in the hottest seat in radio.

I'll bet he'll wake up around noon feeling like shit from drinking too much wine

maybe puke in the bucket next to his bed which probably has puke from the last few days still in it

then he realizes that he pissed himself while he was sleeping AGAIN

He looks at old pics of Val and Wolfy and realizes what he traded for the bottle

then he looks at pics of Dave and thinks...maybe I should call him...but then he just reaches for the bottle again and drinks himself back into the sea of oblivion where he doesn't have to think, doesn't have to feel gulit, doesn't have to do anything but pass out until he needs to roll over and puke again....

that karma sure sucks ass
      “Why do people say "grow some balls"? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding” ― Betty White

Comment

• Plexi Head
        Head Fluffer
        • May 2005

Originally posted by haha
        With over 6,000 posts in under 2 years it seems you may be the one who is a case study in sad. But then, I guess it's a good way to pass time waiting for the phone to ring. Hold onto your dream of being Dave's girl someday--we're all praying for you.
        Fuck me if I see one more post from some dick stating that "you post 10 zillion times a day so you are a loser" Try something original. If you have to resort to this old chestnut to state your case then you don't have a point to make in the first place.

Diamondsgirl is obviously a passionate fan who participates in a forum that centers on that passion, Dave. Why do YOU come here? Because you are a fucking troll, don't you see, YOU are the loser! You are a negative, sad asswipe that obviously has nothing better to do than hassle people.
        "One mouthful of you will rot every tooth in my mouth you little sugar"

Comment

• Nickdfresh
          SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

You forgot a poll category. I was never really for it, but was hoping things work for the best...

I still have a dream that DAVE will have Van Halen on the show one day, but it's pretty damn unlikely after all the back and forth...

Comment

• bru87tr
            Commando
            • Apr 2004

I will say Dave has found his groove and is really funny. he def is comfortable!!!! but as with any job you need to settle in. people forget that. this is new for dave.

the only thing he needs to do is settle down on the phone call interviews. he seems to do live interviews fine ! jhonny damon, excellent! people in studio right on!

phone calls he talk over people alot. I know daves hyper so that explains ti, he really gets into the radio phones calls but he needs to calm down a bit and let people finish. other than that daves show IMO has really made its mark and dont think its going anywhere.
            "I've been rich and I've been poor....rich is better, totally better"

Comment

• Nitro Express
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

There's a huge difference between being a good guest and a good host. High energy, wing it types like David Lee Roth and Robin Williams free wheel wonderfully as guests. The ideal host is more of a Johnny Carson character that only exists to make the guests look good. That means smoothly asking good questions, good ad libbing, and keeping things on track and going.

Dave was at his true pinacle when Van Halen rolled into some town and he did these great local radio interviews that were wild as hell and then he and the band blew the roof off of the venue they played at. I mean classic Van Halen was one big party when they rolled into town and Dave was the master of the party. I mean Van Halen coming to town was bigger than lets say Foreigner coming to town. Van Halen was a party and you were invited to join. Roth on the local radio station made you feel that way. It truley was a unique experience.

Roth now is in his early 50's and it's different times. The magic of the old Van Halen is in the past and will never be again. I wish Dave the best, I'm glad I saw him at his pinnacle and nobody can top him there.
              No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• fryingdutchman
                Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by diamondsgirl
                the mods would have to dump the whole thread and this was a good thread, started by a good poster
                Thanks DG!!

Originally posted by perilouspete
                fryingdutchman you pretty much own everyone.....sick comebacks, well put. top class wit.

Comment

• fryingdutchman
                  Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

Thanks to everyone who voted and added to the dialogue.

Nice to see that DLR still has support.
                  Originally posted by perilouspete
                  fryingdutchman you pretty much own everyone.....sick comebacks, well put. top class wit.

Comment

• motleykrew24
                    Roth Army Recruit
                    • Feb 2012

shoot best talk radio i ever listened to i love how he handles the hecklers that call in he pretty much makes them look like fools i dont know why everyone rags on the show i think its rather good so many people are closed minded

Comment

• gbranton
                      Veteran
                      • Aug 2005

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                      Roth now is in his early 50's and it's different times. The magic of the old Van Halen is in the past and will never be again. I wish Dave the best, I'm glad I saw him at his pinnacle and nobody can top him there.
                      Wow, that quote just illustrates how hopeless we all were a few short years ago.
                      "Don't want 'em to get you goat, don't show 'em where it's hid." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• GreenBayLA
                        Sniper
                        • Jan 2006

I dug his show from the get go. I didn't judge him by standards of people who have been doing talk radio for years but by standard of I get to hang out with Dave every day and listen to him tell stories. Gotta give him kudos, how many rock stars would be able to function on (early) morning radio 5 days a week? Too bad CBS Radio set him up as fall guy from day one. Fuck you Les Moonves!

My favorite moment was Dave's interview w/Natasha Bedingfield when he got choked up at her performance of These Words, priceless. Wish I had recording of that!

Last edited by GreenBayLA; 05-23-2012, 05:07 AM.
                        "Nothing gets a yak over a suspension bridge faster than 'Back in the Saddle Again' by Aerosmith" ~ DLR

Comment

• sadaist
                          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                          • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                          The magic of the old Van Halen is in the past and will never be again.
                          Originally posted Feb 8, 2006

Amazing what 6 years can do eh Nitro? 6 years almost to the day to the release of ADKOT.
                          “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Northern Girl
                            Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by GreenBayLA
                            I dug his show from the get go. I didn't judge him by standards of people who have been doing talk radio for years but by standard of I get to hang out with Dave every day and listen to him tell stories. Gotta give him kudos, how many rock stars would be able to function on (early) morning radio 5 days a week? Too bad CBS Radio set him up as fall guy from day one. Fuck you Les Moonves!

My favorite moment was Dave's interview w/Natasha Bedingfield when he got choked up at her performance of These Words, priceless. Wish I had recording of that!
                            I've got the whole 3-1/2 months! Haven't listened to it for a couple years, but I loved the show too.

For those who didn't listen, you would be surprised at how much of the lyrics from ADKOT are things Dave said A LOT on his radio show.
                            Same ole song and dance...

Comment

• sadaist
                              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                              • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Northern Girl
                              I've got the whole 3-1/2 months! Haven't listened to it for a couple years, but I loved the show too.

For those who didn't listen, you would be surprised at how much of the lyrics from ADKOT are things Dave said A LOT on his radio show.

I noticed that right away when he sang "this is heavy lifting" because after the radio show firing he went on the talk show rounds & used that phrase a lot. What other ones are standing out to you?
                              “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• hambon4lif
                                Crazy Ass Mofo
                                • Jun 2004

Looking back on the whole thing, putting out his own podcasts would've went over alot better. He could've put them online at his own convenience and avoided being a pawn in the sleazy ulterior motives of CBS Radio.

Alot of others agree...

Comment

Working...