Dave Discusses Why Michael Anthonyplayed tunes with Sammy and not him

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Steve Savicki
    • Jan 2004

Tactful, stand-to-the-ground, and to the point. Dave can only tell it like it is.
    sigpic

Comment

• Catfish

The Eddie Van Halen and his sister stab is great!

Reminds me of a great Rothism: "Eddie Van Halen is a weakling and his brother is a triple weakling."

I love how Alex doesn't even get his name mentioned. THAT's a stab.

Comment

• Sarge
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Feb 2003

Originally posted by Catfish

Reminds me of a great Rothism: "Eddie Van Halen is a weakling and his brother is a triple weakling."

Or how about this one:

"Sammy ... I'm not saying that my era was better than yours.. i'm just saying I'M BETTER THAN YOU!"
        ROTHARMY.COM WEBMASTER AND FOUNDER
        The Diamond David Lee Roth Army

MY GROUPS ON ROTHARMY.COM
        [Fender Custom Shop Owners Club]

Comment

• Diva Lee Roth

Originally posted by Flash Bastard
          In the same interview, David said "Eddie Van Halen and his sister have wasted years. I?m about right now. I?m about right here.

Is he referring to Alex as Ed's sister?

I thought he was referring to Valerie...

Comment

• Figs
            Crazy Ass Mofo
            • Jun 2004

You know, that is one of the best posts I have ever read!

Roth on brother!!

who is sammy hagar?
            who is sammy hagar?
            who is sammy hagar?
            who is sammy hagar?
            who is sammy hagar?
            who is sammy hagar?
            who is sammy hagar?
            who is sammy hagar?
            who is sammy hagar?
            who is sammy hagar?
            who is sammy hagar?
            who is sammy hagar?
            who is sammy hagar?
            who is sammy hagar?
            who is sammy hagar?
            who is sammy hagar?
            who is sammy hagar?
            who is sammy hagar?
            who is sammy hagar?

Comment

• Sarge's Little Helper
              Commando
              • Mar 2003

You know, that is one of the best posts I have ever read!

Roth on brother!!

who is sammy hagar?
              who is sammy hagar?
              who is sammy hagar?
              who is sammy hagar?
              who is sammy hagar?
              who is sammy hagar?
              who is sammy hagar?
              who is sammy hagar?
              who is sammy hagar?
              who is sammy hagar?
              who is sammy hagar?
              who is sammy hagar?
              who is sammy hagar?
              who is sammy hagar?
              who is sammy hagar?
              who is sammy hagar?
              who is sammy hagar?
              who is sammy hagar?
              who is sammy hagar?
              David Lee Roth says that Sammy Hagar is a bridge drone troll. I think he is a complete whiney bitch who is deathly afraid of the success that Classic Van Halen had that he could never live up to. Bluntly put he is just an old angry man who lives in a delusional fantasy world in which Van Hagar sold 20 million more albums than Classic Van Halen. Every time he talks he utters nothing but lies and sounds like a sack of assholes. Sarge told me that Bette Midler and Sammy Hagar are the same person. For a laugh please ask me who Bette Midler is. Thanks for your time. ..David Lee Roth says that Sammy Hagar is a bridge drone troll. I think he is a complete whiney bitch who is deathly afraid of the success that Classic Van Halen had that he could never live up to. Bluntly put he is just an old angry man who lives in a delusional fantasy world in which Van Hagar sold 20 million more albums than Classic Van Halen. Every time he talks he utters nothing but lies and sounds like a sack of assholes. Sarge told me that Bette Midler and Sammy Hagar are the same person. For a laugh please ask me who Bette Midler is. Thanks for your time. ..David Lee Roth says that Sammy Hagar is a bridge drone troll. I think he is a complete whiney bitch who is deathly afraid of the success that Classic Van Halen had that he could never live up to. Bluntly put he is just an old angry man who lives in a delusional fantasy world in which Van Hagar sold 20 million more albums than Classic Van Halen. Every time he talks he utters nothing but lies and sounds like a sack of assholes. Sarge told me that Bette Midler and Sammy Hagar are the same person. For a laugh please ask me who Bette Midler is. Thanks for your time. ..David Lee Roth says that Sammy Hagar is a bridge drone troll. I think he is a complete whiney bitch who is deathly afraid of the success that Classic Van Halen had that he could never live up to. Bluntly put he is just an old angry man who lives in a delusional fantasy world in which Van Hagar sold 20 million more albums than Classic Van Halen. Every time he talks he utters nothing but lies and sounds like a sack of assholes. Sarge told me that Bette Midler and Sammy Hagar are the same person. For a laugh please ask me who Bette Midler is. Thanks for your time. ..David Lee Roth says that Sammy Hagar is a bridge drone troll. I think he is a complete whiney bitch who is deathly afraid of the success that Classic Van Halen had that he could never live up to. Bluntly put he is just an old angry man who lives in a delusional fantasy world in which Van Hagar sold 20 million more albums than Classic Van Halen. Every time he talks he utters nothing but lies and sounds like a sack of assholes. Sarge told me that Bette Midler and Sammy Hagar are the same person. For a laugh please ask me who Bette Midler is. Thanks for your time. ..David Lee Roth says that Sammy Hagar is a bridge drone troll. I think he is a complete whiney bitch who is deathly afraid of the success that Classic Van Halen had that he could never live up to. Bluntly put he is just an old angry man who lives in a delusional fantasy world in which Van Hagar sold 20 million more albums than Classic Van Halen. Every time he talks he utters nothing but lies and sounds like a sack of assholes. Sarge told me that Bette Midler and Sammy Hagar are the same person. For a laugh please ask me who Bette Midler is. Thanks for your time. ..David Lee Roth says that Sammy Hagar is a bridge drone troll. I think he is a complete whiney bitch who is deathly afraid of the success that Classic Van Halen had that he could never live up to. Bluntly put he is just an old angry man who lives in a delusional fantasy world in which Van Hagar sold 20 million more albums than Classic Van Halen. Every time he talks he utters nothing but lies and sounds like a sack of assholes. Sarge told me that Bette Midler and Sammy Hagar are the same person. For a laugh please ask me who Bette Midler is. Thanks for your time. ..David Lee Roth says that Sammy Hagar is a bridge drone troll. I think he is a complete whiney bitch who is deathly afraid of the success that Classic Van Halen had that he could never live up to. Bluntly put he is just an old angry man who lives in a delusional fantasy world in which Van Hagar sold 20 million more albums than Classic Van Halen. Every time he talks he utters nothing but lies and sounds like a sack of assholes. Sarge told me that Bette Midler and Sammy Hagar are the same person. For a laugh please ask me who Bette Midler is. Thanks for your time. ..David Lee Roth says that Sammy Hagar is a bridge drone troll. I think he is a complete whiney bitch who is deathly afraid of the success that Classic Van Halen had that he could never live up to. Bluntly put he is just an old angry man who lives in a delusional fantasy world in which Van Hagar sold 20 million more albums than Classic Van Halen. Every time he talks he utters nothing but lies and sounds like a sack of assholes. Sarge told me that Bette Midler and Sammy Hagar are the same person. For a laugh please ask me who Bette Midler is. Thanks for your time. ..David Lee Roth says that Sammy Hagar is a bridge drone troll. I think he is a complete whiney bitch who is deathly afraid of the success that Classic Van Halen had that he could never live up to. Bluntly put he is just an old angry man who lives in a delusional fantasy world in which Van Hagar sold 20 million more albums than Classic Van Halen. Every time he talks he utters nothing but lies and sounds like a sack of assholes. Sarge told me that Bette Midler and Sammy Hagar are the same person. For a laugh please ask me who Bette Midler is. Thanks for your time. ..David Lee Roth says that Sammy Hagar is a bridge drone troll. I think he is a complete whiney bitch who is deathly afraid of the success that Classic Van Halen had that he could never live up to. Bluntly put he is just an old angry man who lives in a delusional fantasy world in which Van Hagar sold 20 million more albums than Classic Van Halen. Every time he talks he utters nothing but lies and sounds like a sack of assholes. Sarge told me that Bette Midler and Sammy Hagar are the same person. For a laugh please ask me who Bette Midler is. Thanks for your time. ..David Lee Roth says that Sammy Hagar is a bridge drone troll. I think he is a complete whiney bitch who is deathly afraid of the success that Classic Van Halen had that he could never live up to. Bluntly put he is just an old angry man who lives in a delusional fantasy world in which Van Hagar sold 20 million more albums than Classic Van Halen. Every time he talks he utters nothing but lies and sounds like a sack of assholes. Sarge told me that Bette Midler and Sammy Hagar are the same person. For a laugh please ask me who Bette Midler is. Thanks for your time. ..David Lee Roth says that Sammy Hagar is a bridge drone troll. I think he is a complete whiney bitch who is deathly afraid of the success that Classic Van Halen had that he could never live up to. Bluntly put he is just an old angry man who lives in a delusional fantasy world in which Van Hagar sold 20 million more albums than Classic Van Halen. Every time he talks he utters nothing but lies and sounds like a sack of assholes. Sarge told me that Bette Midler and Sammy Hagar are the same person. For a laugh please ask me who Bette Midler is. Thanks for your time. ..David Lee Roth says that Sammy Hagar is a bridge drone troll. I think he is a complete whiney bitch who is deathly afraid of the success that Classic Van Halen had that he could never live up to. Bluntly put he is just an old angry man who lives in a delusional fantasy world in which Van Hagar sold 20 million more albums than Classic Van Halen. Every time he talks he utters nothing but lies and sounds like a sack of assholes. Sarge told me that Bette Midler and Sammy Hagar are the same person. For a laugh please ask me who Bette Midler is. Thanks for your time. ..David Lee Roth says that Sammy Hagar is a bridge drone troll. I think he is a complete whiney bitch who is deathly afraid of the success that Classic Van Halen had that he could never live up to. Bluntly put he is just an old angry man who lives in a delusional fantasy world in which Van Hagar sold 20 million more albums than Classic Van Halen. Every time he talks he utters nothing but lies and sounds like a sack of assholes. Sarge told me that Bette Midler and Sammy Hagar are the same person. For a laugh please ask me who Bette Midler is. Thanks for your time. ..David Lee Roth says that Sammy Hagar is a bridge drone troll. I think he is a complete whiney bitch who is deathly afraid of the success that Classic Van Halen had that he could never live up to. Bluntly put he is just an old angry man who lives in a delusional fantasy world in which Van Hagar sold 20 million more albums than Classic Van Halen. Every time he talks he utters nothing but lies and sounds like a sack of assholes. Sarge told me that Bette Midler and Sammy Hagar are the same person. For a laugh please ask me who Bette Midler is. Thanks for your time. ..David Lee Roth says that Sammy Hagar is a bridge drone troll. I think he is a complete whiney bitch who is deathly afraid of the success that Classic Van Halen had that he could never live up to. Bluntly put he is just an old angry man who lives in a delusional fantasy world in which Van Hagar sold 20 million more albums than Classic Van Halen. Every time he talks he utters nothing but lies and sounds like a sack of assholes. Sarge told me that Bette Midler and Sammy Hagar are the same person. For a laugh please ask me who Bette Midler is. Thanks for your time. ..David Lee Roth says that Sammy Hagar is a bridge drone troll. I think he is a complete whiney bitch who is deathly afraid of the success that Classic Van Halen had that he could never live up to. Bluntly put he is just an old angry man who lives in a delusional fantasy world in which Van Hagar sold 20 million
              "I decided to name my new band DLR because when you say David Lee Roth people think of an individual, but when you say DLR you think of a band. Its just like when you say Edward Van Halen, people think of an individual, but when you say Van Halen, you think of…David Lee Roth, baby!"!

Comment

• Hardrock69
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Gmoney

Maybe he should have played with Anthony, maybe that would have been a way to mend fences with VH.
                Maybe this would have been a good way to piss the sisters off....

Comment

• redblkwht
                  Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

repost the read someone..
                  that link sarge has is dead.
                  thx in advance!!!

EUAS

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                    SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by redblkwht
                    repost the read someone..
                    that link sarge has is dead.
                    thx in advance!!!
                    Well, it is over a year-and-a-half old.

Comment

• Matt White
                      • Jun 2004

"Hey, if you want suspense take some valiums and smoke Marlboros in bed."

HAHAHA!!!

BRILLIANT!!!

BREAST wishes Sarge!

Comment

• baltimoreoriole
                        Roadie
                        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Catfish
                        The Eddie Van Halen and his sister stab is great!

I love how Alex doesn't even get his name mentioned. THAT's a stab.
                        This is exactly why DLR will never be in a mojor rock group for as long as he lives. The guy has no tact at all.......

Comment

• DlocRoth
                          ROCKSTAR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by baltimoreoriole
                          This is exactly why DLR will never be in a mojor rock group for as long as he lives. The guy has no tact at all.......
                          No tact??

BWAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Dave has taken his share of stabs at the sisters, no doubt.

But if you put the camps head to head, Dave has clearly been the one to take the high road, thus showing "tact".

I'm through witcha. You may fuck off now.
                          Fuck Scott Weiland. Fucking asshole. I get trashed all the time and still go to work. And my job sucks ass. -ODShowtime

Comment

• Matt White
                            • Jun 2004

Yeah...ranting about "my FUCKING hip-replacement surgery" when MTV is trying to plug your "Reunion" & Greatest HIts Vol1 is the epitome of Good Taste.
                            EVH & his sister AVH are a couple of Kants.

Nice to see you're out of rehab!!!

Now...GET IN THE PEN!!!!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Comment

• canadiandlrgirl
                              Full Member Status

• May 2005

oh great another fuckin' sheep....
                              is redrocker.com that borring that you have to come here and start shit like that...

Comment

• Terry
                                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                                • Jan 2004

Can't really say that Mike Anthony jumping onstage with Dave on the 2002 tour would have been all that thrilling anyway. Back in the day, I was barely cognizant that Anthony was even IN CVH (yeah yeah....Anthony's background vocals were an ESSENTIAL part of the Van Halen sound.......blah blah blah); think the most useful thing Anthony ever did in Van Halen was hunker down and act as a pivot point for Dave to flip over, as seen in the Panama video.

The Van Halens aren't disposed to do anything long-term with Dave unless Roth takes a pay cut and kisses their asses. The idea of Dave showing up and doing whatever Ed tells him to do clearly won't work. The output produced under the name Van Halen post-1985, when Ed and Al ran the show, is of no interest to me. Al needs to get behind his kit and stifle his yapper. Anthony can pump out open E quarter notes and yelp out backing vocals, just like he's always done. Ed needs to pull his head out of his ass and stop believing his own hype that the shit he's been coming up with as of late has been channeled through him by God (enough to make one convert to atheism); going back and practicing the entire CVH catalog might spark something. Top it off with Dave fronting and handling the press, and Van Halen might actually be worth listening to again.
                                Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

Working...