Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jackassrock
    Head Fluffer
    • Sep 2004

That would unconditionally rule if they did it, but I don't think insulting Ed in the press is any way to get that reunion on track.

Dave is making some stupid passive aggressive play for control there. He wants to be able to play the "I told you so" card in the future.

It's truly sad to watch bands like VH (or Pantera) disintegrate into a bunch of stupid schoolgirls, bitching about each other in front of anybody that will listen.
    It's a shame that families should be torn apart by something as simple as....wild dogs

Comment

• jslav06
      Head Fluffer
      • Jan 2006

Originally posted by jackassrock
      That would unconditionally rule if they did it, but I don't think insulting Ed in the press is any way to get that reunion on track.

Dave is making some stupid passive aggressive play for control there. He wants to be able to play the "I told you so" card in the future.

It's truly sad to watch bands like VH (or Pantera) disintegrate into a bunch of stupid schoolgirls, bitching about each other in front of anybody that will listen.
      I don't know... Didn't you ever make somebody do something by means of the ol' "You can never do it even if you really tried" method" where you insult that person until he "proves you wrong"? I don't know if it'll work in this case, but it CAN work.
      http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e67/jslav06/pbf.gif
      I rule because I make the Rules.

Comment

• Big Troubles
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Shaun Ponsonby
        I will say...its really getting to me now. Ed is a fool. For somebody who comes across as a whore for money, is missing a big oppurtunity.

Imagine the setlist...

Intro (something that involves Hagar's death)
        Romeo Delight
        Hot For Teacher
        Me Wise Magic
        So This Is Love?
        Cradle Will Rock...
        Beautiful Girls
        Little Guitars
        Meanstreets
        Runnin' With The Devil
        Eruption
        You Really Got Me
        Atomic Punk
        SGMAD
        Unchained
        Panama
        Dance The Night Away
        Could This Be Magic?
        Ice Cream Man
        Drum Solo (don't want it, but its gonna happen)
        Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
        -------------
        Intruder/Pretty Woman
        Bottoms Up!!
        --------
        1984/Jump

for the love of god, no more Bass or Drum solo's please!

And Id also like to see them play CGTSNM and stuff from Dave's DLR Band CD. And in return Dave could sing Fire in the Hole and Poundcake. If there's time Dreams and Why Cant this be Love?.
        "FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKIN' BITCH! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ANYWAYS? TALK TO ME LIKE THAT? FUCK YOU. DRAG QUEEN LOOKIN' WHORE- YOU AINT SHIT. YOUR THE FRECKLE TO THE LEFT OF MY BROWN EYE. NOW GO MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL...OH, PUT DAD ON THE PHONE"

Comment

• ALinChainz
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Jan 2004

Hell BT ... you know that the bass and drum solos aren't going anywhere ... Mikey and Alex are hardly part of the show as it is ...if the last go round goes round ... those two will have to have their egos stroked ...

As bad as it will be ...

Comment

• Matt White
            • Jun 2004

NO BASS SOLOS....EVER

Comment

• Big Troubles
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Feb 2004

Originally posted by ALinChainz
              Hell BT ... you know that the bass and drum solos aren't going anywhere ... Mikey and Alex are hardly part of the show as it is ...if the last go round goes round ... those two will have to have their egos stroked ...

As bad as it will be ...
              Me thinks they will want more than their egos stroked. Didn't Dave take a jab at Alex and say "Drum solo's are for buying t shirts"?

I think Id rather sit thru a drum solo though. Ed plays along to Al when it tends to drag on. Perhaps giving Al the hint to finish up already. The bass solo...? Ugh! Mikey must think he's doing something special up there, running around, with that cape on, hitting 3 notes, spinning on his back while the flanger effect is in overdrive to drown that sorry fuck out. Mike playing bass = suicide.
              "FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKIN' BITCH! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ANYWAYS? TALK TO ME LIKE THAT? FUCK YOU. DRAG QUEEN LOOKIN' WHORE- YOU AINT SHIT. YOUR THE FRECKLE TO THE LEFT OF MY BROWN EYE. NOW GO MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL...OH, PUT DAD ON THE PHONE"

Comment

• ALinChainz
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Jan 2004

Oh hell yeah, I would much rather sit through the drum solo just because Ed is usually part of it.

The Mikey thing is about hideous.

Comment

• Terry
                  TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Big Troubles
                  for the love of god, no more Bass or Drum solo's please!

And Id also like to see them play CGTSNM and stuff from Dave's DLR Band CD. And in return Dave could sing Fire in the Hole and Poundcake. If there's time Dreams and Why Cant this be Love?.
                  No. No, no.

No, no, no.

Piss on the idea of a reunited CVH playing Van hagar shit in exchange for doing a couple of Roth solo tracks off the DLR Band.

If Dave wants to play solo shit live, he should have been doing it more often the last 7 years.

And nobody wants Roth to get back into Van Halen so we can hear CVH do Pudcake, Creams and Why Can't This Be Pud. Get red Tubs back in the band if you wanna hear that shit.

Sweet fucking JESUS!
                  Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• bru87tr
                    Commando
                    • Apr 2004

no guy named DLR is gonna do spammy songs. please put that shit to bed! now way no how! dave isnt interested in solo stuff in VH> he just wants to do CBH and thats pretty clear.
                    "I've been rich and I've been poor....rich is better, totally better"

Comment

• jhale667
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Big Troubles

And in return Dave could sing Fire in the Hole and Poundcake. If there's time Dreams and Why Cant this be Love?.
                      Nope. Nein. Nyet. No way. Shame on you, sir!
                      Originally posted by conmee
                      If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
                      Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
                      I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
                      Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
                      Originally posted by eddie78
                      I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• 4moreyears
                        Commando
                        • Oct 2004

Originally posted by Terry
                        No. No, no.

No, no, no.

Piss on the idea of a reunited CVH playing Van hagar shit in exchange for doing a couple of Roth solo tracks off the DLR Band.

If Dave wants to play solo shit live, he should have been doing it more often the last 7 years.

And nobody wants Roth to get back into Van Halen so we can hear CVH do Pudcake, Creams and Why Can't This Be Pud. Get red Tubs back in the band if you wanna hear that shit.

Sweet fucking JESUS!
                        Amen!!! Also no covers sung in the VanHagar era like Rock and Roll and Won't Get Fooled Again.

Comment

• BITEYOASS
                          ROTH ARMY ELITE
                          • Jan 2004

"Reunion Is Only 'Real' Van Halen Option"-David Lee Roth

I say we make this the official Roth Army motto!

All those in favor say FUCK YEAH!

Comment

• Big Troubles
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Feb 2004

I dunno guys. I can really picture Dave singing Poundcake, Dreams, WCTBL and possibly some Cherone tunes. Without You maybe?

You guys know Im a sarcastic little bastard right? Although I was dead serious about CVH doing some of Dave's solo shit. It would be surreal to have Edward go "Hey Dave, when we do the tour let's throw Yankee Rose, Ladies Night, Cali Girls, CounterBlast, Slam Dunk and Keep the Dress/Lose the Shoes in the set list, they rock" and Dave could go "Yeah, ok and we'll maybe do some Hagar shit like...Uh...Maybe....Mmm....Nah fuck it...It's all about me Ed, not you. Not your hip, your glass eye, your stupid pony tail, your fat kid, fugly wife, your gay brother or that bar b que pimp bass player- Ok?"

There. That's the reunion.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                              SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

I wouldn't mind Dave singing his lyrical versions of the three songs on 5150 he is rumored to have written such as "Eat Thy Neighbor" ("Summer Nights").

Comment

• rustoffa
                                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                                • Jan 2004

There's one van hagar song I'd enjoy seeing 'em cover....just the opening riff and chorus. The very first fucking song on the setlist. LIGHTS OUT....

"DUHN-DUHN-DEE-DUHN-DEE-DUHN-DUHN, duhn-duhn-dee-duhn-dee-duhn-duhn..........

"COME ON BAYBEE, FINISH WHAT YA STARTED"..............

STOP. DEAD SILENCE.

Lights still out.....strobes' and shit start flickering......

Cut immediately to the old school intro:

"I GIVE YOU.....THE MIGHTY VAAAAAAAN HAAAAAALENNNNN!!!!!"

Cue Romeo Delight.....motherfuckers' go wild....rinse drawers, repeat as necessary.

Comment

Working...