Van Hagar already cancels first show

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lou

Originally posted by BITEYOASS
    I believe back in 1999 Dave opened for Bad Company in front of over 9,000 people at Joe Louis Arena. He made some jokes about Spammy during "Ain't talking bout' love" and half of the fans applauded and the other half got upset(Bad Co. fans) anyway after dave got done with his set, there was a more than half-empty crowd left for Bad Co. and this happened throught his entire tour with them!! Although in europe when he made some jokes about Gayboy Cherone sucking Eddie's dick in Europe, the entire audience drunkinly cheered!
    Let's not get carried away. I'm a Bad Co. fan as well as a Van HALEN fan and when I saw them at the Mann Music Center in Philly on 7/3/99, this was not the case. If anything more fans filtered in after Dave was done. I thought Bad Co. was really good BTW, and to tell you the truth I was a bit disappointed in Dave because his voice wasn't up to par. Much better in 2001.

Comment

• Sammy Who??
      Head Fluffer
      • Jan 2004

hasn't Roth cancelled like thousands of shows in the last 5 years or so.

hyprocrites!

Comment

• ZahZoo
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by distortion9
        You Hagar fans must think that's the hottest post ever.
        Nice edit job and witty comeback... Did you write that all by yourself??

Unfortunate your assumptions are so far off track you missed the bus.
        "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Big Troubles
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Feb 2004

thousands? not likely. I know he cancelled dates when he slashed his fucking head. Not because ticket sales were low.
          "FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKIN' BITCH! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ANYWAYS? TALK TO ME LIKE THAT? FUCK YOU. DRAG QUEEN LOOKIN' WHORE- YOU AINT SHIT. YOUR THE FRECKLE TO THE LEFT OF MY BROWN EYE. NOW GO MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL...OH, PUT DAD ON THE PHONE"

Comment

• Lou

Originally posted by Sammy Who??

hyprocrites!
            Well that is a good point, I hate to admit.

Comment

• flappo
              Banned
              • Jan 2004

..so , it begins

FLAPPO'S PREDICTION

..read em and weep

..vh 2 is a TOTAL FUCKING DISASTER as they decide to concentrate on SPAMMY's legendary musical genius , ignoring dave's indescribeablely important influence on modern rock's progression , ie: the darkness , i REST MY CASE !

Comment

• Lou

Originally posted by Big Troubles
                thousands? not likely. I know he cancelled dates when he slashed his fucking head. Not because ticket sales were low.
                That's true, but a year before that there was this Vegas show that a bunch of people bought tickets to and got burned when DLR cancelled with no explanation. I can't remember off the top of my head but prior to that accident he was cancelling a fair amount of shows. I think St. Louis in 2003 was another one.

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
                  TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Sammy Who??

hyprocrites!
                  so what? nobody here claims that dave can outsell =VH= nor could sam... but...if it was the REAL =VH= we wouldn't discuss poor ticket sales or cancelled shows but an outsold giant stadium tour ...
                  Roth Army Icon
                  First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• Roth kills Sam
                    Foot Soldier
                    • Mar 2004

The fac that Dave has cancelled shows (not thousands - that's impossible, you idiot) has no bearing upon the current state of and popularity of Van Hagar. There is no question Dave's solo career has been disappointing to anyone who likes him or his music. The concensus is that basically Dave is not considered a "sellout". He just hasn't been popular. That is old news. It is also a distinct difference between the charges laid at the feet of the post VH and even it's members individually. The fact that Van Gaybar is cancelling shows now and having their popularity questioned speaks to the entire existence of Van Halen at this point. Nobody can prevent someone from enjoying the Van Hagar music or buying their products. However, the widely held consensus is that Van Hagar has always been more about making $$ and less about the musical integrity or quality. It is specifically this aspect that the cancelling of shows is relevent.

Even a Van Hagar fan can acknowledge this latest VH tour is in the same cookie cutter mold as a Rolling Stones/Who/Aerosmit/KISS/Eagles tour. These bands stopped getting new fans a long time ago. When these bands tour , it is all about the $$. It is a very large embarrassment for these huge corporate tours to fail.

Comment

• Bill Lumbergh
                      ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2004

Awesome news to wake up to today. Are any of us really surprised though? I'VE even been shocked by the underwhelming hype, thought Van Hagar would do at least a little better than this. Drinks all around, these fuckers deserve this shit.

Comment

• Bill Lumbergh
                        ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2004

Originally posted by ZahZoo
                        Seems to be a bit of grasping at straws here dudes... come on have a little pride and don't go blowing your wad over a single canceled show that may or may not have a damn thing to do with sales or popularity of Van Hagar... I'd advise holding any "I told you so's" until you have some facts and an actual tend to stand behind... otherwise you just look like a bunch of bitter idiots standing around with your dick in your hand...
                        And I'm sure you'll buy any excuses the band has to offer. "Oh Wolfie has to go to Disneyland that day, and I want to be there" "My new chrome plated neck brace is coming in that day, gotta be there for that.

Comment

• Lou

I agree about the Aerosmith comment except that unlike Van Hagar, The Who, or KISS at least it's the original band playing, and they still do the kick-ass songs from the '70s. Unlike Van Hagar which is not the original band and insists on doing only the very forgettable, generic Van Hagar music.

Comment

• ELVIS
                            Banned
                            • Dec 2003

The Who ???

Leave the drugs alone Lou...

Comment

• Roth kills Sam
                              Foot Soldier
                              • Mar 2004

I think you mean all LIVING original members

Comment

• Bill Lumbergh
                                ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2004

Um not really dude. Rock artists have had a hard time in general selling tickets in the last decade. The exception are certain acts with legendary names, Van Halen being one of them. Sammy solo couldnt sell out 500 seaters here in the Bay Area one of his strongholds.

Comment

Working...