• Feb 2004

Dave has money. Huge surprise.
    Originally posted by ELVIS
    I guess you're right...

Comment

• amadeus
      Head Fluffer
      • Jun 2004

Why doesn't Dave and Sheehan try something together? It would be a tight project because they would get some really good players to complement their already outstanding talents. (yea, it sounds like I am kissing DLR's ass-so what if I am LOL)

Comment

• FORD
        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

I just wish Billy Sheehan would upload that "better version" of the Skyscraper album that he has to one of the torrent sites.

For those who haven't heard of this, Sheehan claimed a few years ago to have the original master tape of the Skyscraper album, which had a lot less keyboards and wasn't anywhere near as overproduced.

And the issues of the album's production was a contributing factor in Sheehan leaving the EEAS band.

His top secret vault must be as secure as Eddie's, since those tapes have never surfaced in the trading pool that I'm aware of.

If you're lurking, Billy, we would love to hear it.
        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• DrMaddVibe
          ROTH ARMY ELITE
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
          There's really not much training involved in being an EMT...

Some of you have EMT confused with a Paramedic, wich requires a four year degree...

An EMT is like a paramedic assistant, much like a CNA is a nursing assistant...

Not taking anything away from Dave, just pointing out the facts...

True, true...but to do it in the Bronx?!!!???!!!

Donate the pay to charity???!!!???

After reading his book I figured he took that route because he'd hit the ground running even faster.

Just pointing out the facts.
          http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x...auders1zl5.gif
          http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c4...willywonka.gif

Comment

• philouze
            Banned
            • Mar 2004

lil thing about Billy: I saw him with VAI in October 2005 over here in France (where the grass is green and the kids are in the street), I asked him about a possible reunion of the EAAS Band.
            He just told me "Man, I wish those fuckin rumors were true..."
            I guess Steve wouldn't be against it...

Comment

• FORD
              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by philouze
              lil thing about Billy: I saw him with VAI in October 2005 over here in France (where the grass is green and the kids are in the street), I asked him about a possible reunion of the EAAS Band.
              He just told me "Man, I wish those fuckin rumors were true..."
              I guess Steve wouldn't be against it...
              Hasn't Greg Bissonette played some gigs with them in recent years as well?

So it appears the band is able to get together when they want to. Now let's get them in the same room with Dave.

If he can't get Van Halen on the road for a summer tour, then why the Hell not the EEAS band?

In fact as long as Eddie's a miserable drunken sod who can't play right, maybe the EEAS band would be a better option anyway.
              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• DrMaddVibe
                ROTH ARMY ELITE
                • Jan 2004

After seeing Dave a couple of months ago...the band he has now is really tight too. I'd like to hear what they can do in the studio instead.

Either way..."C'mon Dave give me a break"!

CUT A DAMN NEW RELEASE!!!!!!!!

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                  Roth Army Caesar
                  • Mar 2003

Wasn't this TMR's whole premis...3 years ago?
                  "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• ThrillsNSpills
                    ROTH ARMY ELITE
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                    I just wish Billy Sheehan would upload that "better version" of the Skyscraper album that he has to one of the torrent sites.

For those who haven't heard of this, Sheehan claimed a few years ago to have the original master tape of the Skyscraper album, which had a lot less keyboards and wasn't anywhere near as overproduced.

And the issues of the album's production was a contributing factor in Sheehan leaving the EEAS band.

His top secret vault must be as secure as Eddie's, since those tapes have never surfaced in the trading pool that I'm aware of.

Yes this has to be a copyright issue.

Look at the audio page on his site where he's got many great rock tracks (lo-fi) on there, including a Spanish version of ShyBoy with Dave. We know Billy wrote ShyBoy but there are tunes there he didn't write so who knows...

Comment

• DrMaddVibe
                      ROTH ARMY ELITE
                      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
                      HUH?:confused:

Comment

• FORD
                        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
                        Yeah it was. And I remember calling the motherfucker crazy for it.

But that's when I was still envisioning the Eddie Van Halen of the VDIII tour, who at least playing great, despite doubts about his mental state.

But the Velveetapalooza 2004 tour proves that whatever the fuck is wrong with Eddie has now affected his ability to play guitar.

My preference would always be to see the real Van HALEN again, but if they aren't going to sound like Van HALEN, what's the point.

On the other hand, I'd also like to hear some stuff from the other half of Dave's career played live, and the EEAS band seems like the best option for that.

And considering Dave hasn't played around here since 2003, I'm hoping that day comes sooner rather than later.
                        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                          ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                          • Dec 2003

I think Billy's overvaluating Dave's wealth a tad bit...

Now to be sure, he's not going to be hitting the welfare line anytime soon...

But I would not think that his wealth could be categorized as "set for life"...

Let's face it, Dave wasn't swimming in the cash in the past several years....

In fact, it's been 22 years since he net worth could be construed as "swimming in the cash"....

I'm just saying that I don't believe that Dave could stop working today and not have to do anything else for the rest of his life....
                          Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Loons The Great

D-Ro got all papah. Stacks and stacks of greenbacks.

Seriously, he is one of the 367 or so billionaires in the world. I know fo' a fact he owns 500 horses and a Chrysler mill.

Comment

• DrMaddVibe
                              ROTH ARMY ELITE
                              • Jan 2004

How much does that radio gig pay?

Damn, I hope he doesn't start eating cat food.

Let's start a telethon!

Comment

• EddieIsadouche
                                Groupie
                                • Jan 2006

"There's really not much training involved in being an EMT...

Some of you have EMT confused with a Paramedic, wich requires a four year degree...

An EMT is like a paramedic assistant, much like a CNA is a nursing assistant...

Not taking anything away from Dave, just pointing out the facts..."

Your facts are dead wrong...
                                The above is not true in NYC, In NYC EMT's can do the following
                                administer epinephrine - carried on ambulance
                                do a "pulse ox"(blood oxygen levels) carried on ambulance
                                take blood sugar levels with a meter- carried on ambulance
                                give aspirin for heart attacks - carried on ambulance
                                administer albuteral - carried on ambulance
                                administer glutose for insulin shock carried on ambulance
                                administer WMD drugs such as 2-PAM - carried on ambulance
                                defibr patients - carried on ambulance
                                They carry a full set of WMD protective equipment like gas masks and protective clothing
                                Last edited by EddieIsadouche; 03-26-2006, 10:43 AM.

Comment

Working...