Hagar has some ego

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • guwapo_rocker

Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra
    but this hagar book is a good read! especially the inside explanations of the business what was going on and what greedy fucks the halen sisters are...

but hagar isn't any better...he screwed his wife in the divorce...

I guess, the hard dave is to work with, the much is he the ONLY one in this grand soap opera who does what he does for artistic reasons...and for the adventure and the creativity...
    Dave does like things to be just so, and he does have a temper.

But Dave always puts musical integrity, and the fans first.

Not the almighty dollar, which is the case for the sisters and

Bette......errrrr....Sam.

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by guwapo_rocker
      But Dave always puts musical integrity, and the fans first.
      disagree here...dave never feeded the fans like "if I put out an album that sounds like this and this, they buy it"...he always made moves that were sometimes surprising and sometimes hard to follow...
      Roth Army Icon
      First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• guwapo_rocker

Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra
        disagree here...dave never feeded the fans like "if I put out an album that sounds like this and this, they buy it"...he always made moves that were sometimes surprising and sometimes hard to follow...
        That's what I'm saying. He won't just write cheese to sell it.

It's gotta be good....it's gotta be different.

Comment

• Terry
          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
          • Jan 2004

Hagar can think whatever he likes, but for Van Hagar to be up there with Led Zep...not so much.

Led Zep displayed a tremendous amount of creativity and diversity in their songwriting. They covered the gamut from blues, rock, heavy metal, funk, folk, country...

Van Hagar had two modes: synth-laden power ballads and straight-up hard rock tunes.

Plant did have a facility with lyrics, even if I didn't care for some of his more mystical stuff.

Hagar wrote Hallmarky love song lyrics, 2nd rate "gee, I'm trying to come across sexy like David Lee Roth, hey, aren't I a 50 year-old stud with a pot belly?" lyrics and 'deep thinking' tunes where he cribbed the words from that queer Life's Little Instructions poster HR will inevitably hang up at your workplace.

None of the Van Hagar stuff has the timeless quality Zeppelin's best stuff did. Most of Van Hagar's stuff sounds eerily similar to what other hair bands at the time were churning out after having cut their teeth on playing CVH in the clubs, although admittedly Sam Halen had a better guitar player than most, even if he was pretty much resting on past accomplishments by that point.

Led Zeppelin also had the class to call it a day and stop using the name when one of their band members left.

Van Halen...well, not so much. Although Sammy already knew that.
          Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• PumpedUpMidget
            Head Fluffer
            • May 2005

Guwapo--the Rock Star piece that you had on earlier is the funniest thing I have seen in a LONG time.

Comment

• EbDawson
              Veteran
              • Apr 2004

Re: Hagar has some ego

Originally posted by EVH FANATIC

Van Hagar was more on a par with Journey and REO Speedwagon.

On behalf of Journey and REO, I resent that remark.
              "If anyone came here hoping to hear Sammy Hagar Van Halen, there's the fucking door, man!" Ralph Saenz, Atomic Punks

"Carpe Mammarium"

Comment

• Coyote
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Matt White
                Pantera.....
                Why settle for something you have, if it's not as good as something you're out to get?

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                It's like putting up a YouTube of Bach and playing Chopstix on your Bontempi...

Comment

• matt19
                  Sniper
                  • Mar 2005

Fuck that pot bellied bastard
                  Long Live Classic VH

Comment

• trueblue
                    Groupie
                    • Feb 2006

You are so right on the money!!...Sammy was a demented dickhead and a shameless pretender from the very start(remember his 'Helloooww, baby!' intro to '5150''??....What a cheap stunt and i felt like putting a bullet thru his head and put him six feet under when i first heard that....Sammy's always been an insecure desperado, first spending 20 years trying and failing to outdo Diamond DLR, and now going back to his infantile, ridiculous comparisons to Robert Plant...I am not gonna dignify Sammy by even comparing his vocals to Plant's....His crap solo career and his Van Hagar red tampon rock never matched anything Robert Plant did with Led Zep....And hey, there was never any physical resemblance either...Robert was always tall and slim, Sammy, fat like a beached whale...His corkscrew blonde nest never matched anything Plant looked like on his worst hair day...Need i go on?....Sammy the delusional wreck should stick to selling tequilla and getting his head read by a trusted shrink than shooting his filthy mouth around the neighbourhood comparing himself to Plant....
                    Originally posted by MAX
                    Hagar's a delusional moron.

I'd like to pity him but think what he has had live with since 1986? lmao

Think of going through life ALWAYS playin' second fiddle and living in a larger that life shadow of a Rock and Roll legend.

Hahahahahahahaha!!!

Sammy, go eat a few deep fried, cheese stuffed rump roasts and smile.
                    Music is like girlfriends to me; I'm constantly amazed at the choices other dudes make----DLR

Comment

• trueblue
                      Groupie
                      • Feb 2006

Originally posted by Terry
                      Hagar can think whatever he likes, but for Van Hagar to be up there with Led Zep...not so much.

Led Zep displayed a tremendous amount of creativity and diversity in their songwriting. They covered the gamut from blues, rock, heavy metal, funk, folk, country...

Van Hagar had two modes: synth-laden power ballads and straight-up hard rock tunes.

Plant did have a facility with lyrics, even if I didn't care for some of his more mystical stuff.

Hagar wrote Hallmarky love song lyrics, 2nd rate "gee, I'm trying to come across sexy like David Lee Roth, hey, aren't I a 50 year-old stud with a pot belly?" lyrics and 'deep thinking' tunes where he cribbed the words from that queer Life's Little Instructions poster HR will inevitably hang up at your workplace.

None of the Van Hagar stuff has the timeless quality Zeppelin's best stuff did. Most of Van Hagar's stuff sounds eerily similar to what other hair bands at the time were churning out after having cut their teeth on playing CVH in the clubs, although admittedly Sam Halen had a better guitar player than most, even if he was pretty much resting on past accomplishments by that point.

Led Zeppelin also had the class to call it a day and stop using the name when one of their band members left.

enjoyed reading your comments...first up, there's obviously no comparison or contest between Led Zep and Van Hagar...I reckon a majority of sane fans anywhere would never put them in the same league, even if Jimmy Page (out of sheer pity for the delusional Sammy Hagar) begged us to reconsider....Sammy's long-held insecurities and inferiority complex make him say such pathetic stuff sometimes...Sammy never earned much of my respect, let alone admiration for anything he ever did musically..

I feel more bitter about Eddie's decisions along the way...He turned out to be a gutless, greedy, alcoholic pimp...It's gotta be the stuff of legends in the annals of rock, that a guitar genius and musical maestro like EVH could so incredibly fritter away the legacy of classic Van Halen and transform his band, with Sammy's arrival, into an unrecognizable, unforgivable bunch of trashy wanna-be rockers lusting after corporate dollars and cheap publicity....I never much regretted the failure of a classic VH reunion...Dave was better off without the rest..

Regarding Led Zep, I have heard every single song they ever recorded and rank as one of my all-time favourite bands ever....You praise their diversity...I liked that too, their sheer variety, stylistic range, confidence and performing brilliance as a rock super-group... but i often had ambivalent feelings about that...Sure, they were supremely talented and courageous to take those artistic risks and come out on top...However, i often found their 'diversity' to be a bit too much...Led Zep was often excessively self-indulgent and their 'World music' pretensions irritated me sometimes(especially the Middle Eastern Arab addictions of Plant and the idiotic mysticism, to mention just two highlights of this eclecticism).....On the other hand, I think, most of their entire catalog was a bit too heavily steeped in American blues....To their, credit it was a loud, heavy and rollicking redefining of the blues that was so amazingly impressive....So yes, they were diverse but strangely also driven primarily by one styling...i often wonder which of these i like less...But Led Zep was no doubt one of the few heavyweight champions in the world of Heavy Rock.... But I'd place classic VH above Led Zep in my book, back when Eddie had the personality, integrity and guitar heroism to show what it was really all about and Dave was at his absolute primal peak...Enuf said>>>>
                      Music is like girlfriends to me; I'm constantly amazed at the choices other dudes make----DLR

Comment

• trueblue
                        Groupie
                        • Feb 2006

enjoyed reading your comments...first up, there's obviously no comparison or contest between Led Zep and Van Hagar...I reckon a majority of sane fans anywhere would never put them in the same league, even if Jimmy Page (out of sheer pity for the delusional Sammy Hagar) begged us to reconsider....Sammy's long-held insecurities and inferiority complex make him say such pathetic stuff sometimes...Sammy never earned much of my respect, let alone admiration for anything he ever did musically..

I feel more bitter about Eddie's decisions along the way...He turned out to be a gutless, greedy, alcoholic pimp...It's gotta be the stuff of legends in the annals of rock, that a guitar genius and musical maestro like EVH could so incredibly fritter away the legacy of classic Van Halen and transform his band, with Sammy's arrival, into an unrecognizable, unforgivable bunch of trashy wanna-be rockers lusting after corporate dollars and cheap publicity....I never much regretted the failure of a classic VH reunion...Dave was better off without the rest..

Regarding Led Zep, I have heard every single song they ever recorded and rank as one of my all-time favourite bands ever....You praise their diversity...I liked that too, their sheer variety, stylistic range, confidence and performing brilliance as a rock super-group... but i often had ambivalent feelings about that...Sure, they were supremely talented and courageous to take those artistic risks and come out on top...However, i often found their 'diversity' to be a bit too much...Led Zep was often excessively self-indulgent and their 'World music' pretensions irritated me sometimes(especially the Middle Eastern Arab and also Celtic folk addictions of Plant and the idiotic mysticism, to mention just two highlights of the Zepsters' eclectic tendencies).....On the other hand, I think, most of their entire catalog was a bit too heavily steeped in American blues....To their, credit it was a loud, heavy and rollicking redefining of the blues that was so amazingly impressive....So yes, they were diverse but strangely also driven primarily by one styling...i often wonder which of these i like less...But Led Zep was no doubt one of the few heavyweight champions in the world of Heavy Rock.... But I'd place classic VH above Led Zep in my book, back when Eddie had the personality, integrity and guitar heroism to show what it was really all about and Dave was at his absolute primal peak...Enuf said>>>>

Comment

• trueblue
                          Groupie
                          • Feb 2006

Regarding Led Zep, I have heard every single song they ever recorded and rank as one of my all-time favourite bands ever....You praise their diversity...I liked that too, their sheer variety, stylistic range, confidence and performing brilliance as a rock super-group... but i often had ambivalent feelings about that...Sure, they were supremely talented and courageous to take those artistic risks and come out on top...However, i often found their 'diversity' to be a bit too much...Led Zep was often excessively self-indulgent and their 'World music' pretensions irritated me sometimes(especially the Middle Eastern Arab and also Celtic folk addictions of Plant and the idiotic mysticism, to mention just two highlights of the Zepsters' eclectic tendencies).....On the other hand, I think most of their entire catalog was a bit too heavily steeped in American blues....To their credit it was a loud, heavy and rollicking redefining of the blues that was so amazingly impressive....So yes, they were diverse but strangely also driven primarily by one styling...i often wonder which of these i like less...But Led Zep was no doubt one of the few heavyweight champions in the world of Heavy Rock.... But I'd place classic VH above Led Zep in my book, back when Eddie had the personality, integrity and guitar heroism to show what it was really all about and Dave was at his absolute primal peak...Enuf said>>>>

Comment

• trueblue
                            Groupie
                            • Feb 2006

Regarding Led Zep, I have heard every single song they ever recorded and rank as one of my all-time favourite bands ever....You praise their diversity...I liked that too, their sheer variety, stylistic range, confidence and performing brilliance as a rock super-group... but i often had ambivalent feelings about that...Sure, they were supremely talented and courageous to take those artistic risks and come out on top...However, i often found their 'diversity' to be a bit too much...Led Zep was often excessively self-indulgent and their 'World music' pretensions irritated me sometimes(especially the Middle Eastern Arab and also Celtic folk addictions of Plant and the idiotic mysticism, to mention just two highlights of the Zepsters' eclectic tendencies).....On the other hand, I think most of their entire catalog was a bit too heavily steeped in American blues....To their credit, it was a loud, heavy and rollicking redefining of the blues that was so amazingly impressive....So yes, they were diverse but strangely also driven primarily by one styling...i often wonder which of these i like less...But Led Zep was no doubt one of the few heavyweight champions in the world of Heavy Rock.... But I'd place classic VH above Led Zep in my book, back when Eddie had the personality, integrity and guitar heroism to show what it was really all about and Dave was at his absolute primal peak...Enuf said>>>>

Comment

• trueblue
                              Groupie
                              • Feb 2006

Regarding Led Zep, I have heard every single song they ever recorded and rank as one of my all-time favourite bands ever....You praise their diversity...I liked that too, their sheer variety, stylistic range, confidence and performing brilliance as a rock super-group... but i often had ambivalent feelings about that...Sure, they were supremely talented and courageous to take those artistic risks and come out on top...However, i often found their 'diversity' to be a bit too much...Led Zep was often excessively self-indulgent and their 'World music' pretensions irritated me sometimes(especially the Middle Eastern Arab and also Celtic folk addictions of Plant and the idiotic mysticism, to mention just two highlights of the Zepsters' eclectic tendencies).....On the other hand, I think most of their entire catalog was a bit too heavily steeped in American blues....To their credit, it was a loud, heavy and rollicking redefining of the blues that was so amazingly impressive....So yes, they were diverse but strangely also driven by one over-riding current: the blues.....i often wonder which of these i like less...But Led Zep was no doubt one of the few heavyweight champions in the world of Heavy Rock.... But I'd place classic VH above Led Zep in my book, back when Eddie had the personality, integrity and guitar heroism to show what it was really all about and Dave was at his absolute primal peak...Enuf said>>>>

Comment

• trueblue
                                Groupie
                                • Feb 2006

Regarding Led Zep, I have heard every single song they ever recorded and rank as one of my all-time favourite bands ever....You praise their diversity...I liked that too, their sheer variety, stylistic range, confidence and performing brilliance as a rock super-group... but i often had ambivalent feelings about that...Sure, they were supremely talented and courageous to take those artistic risks and come out on top...However, i often found their 'diversity' to be a bit too much...Led Zep was often excessively self-indulgent and their 'World music' pretensions irritated me sometimes(especially the Middle Eastern Arab and also Celtic folk addictions of Plant and the idiotic mysticism, to mention just two highlights of the Zepsters' eclectic tendencies).....On the other hand, I think most of their entire catalog was a bit too heavily steeped in American blues....To their credit, it was a loud, heavy and rollicking redefining of the blues that was so amazingly impressive....So yes, they were diverse but strangely also driven by one over-riding current: the blues.....i often wonder which of these i like less...(dont' get me wrong, I am a big fan of traditional blues and blues-rock music, Stevie Ray Vaughan was my hero)...But Led Zep was no doubt one of the few heavyweight champions in the world of Heavy Rock.... But I'd place classic VH above Led Zep in my book, back when Eddie had the personality, integrity and guitar heroism to show what it was really all about and Dave was at his absolute primal peak...Enuf said>>>>

Comment

Working...