Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • spmusicplyr
    Foot Soldier
    • May 2004

i heard it this morning. and to be honest im in CA and i heard it on the replay so i dont know which hour it was in
    Got beef with my comments? Blow me!

Comment

• spmusicplyr
      Foot Soldier
      • May 2004

man and what the fuck are people saying about the rest of the hosts??

all of their numbers tanked but why arent they getting picked on?

Look, they had 14 months to find a replacement. They put roth on arrow93 in 2004...and then tested him out in boston last year. They know his shtick...they know what he does and how he does it...so i dont see the fuckin big deal about not liking his show all of a sudden and wanting to fire him after 3 months.

howard broiught up that point too and thats a damn good one.
      Got beef with my comments? Blow me!

Comment

• Mr. Vengeance
        Full Member Status

• Nov 2004

I guess we'll see what happens with Dave, but it would make sense: end of a month, a Friday and just before the end of a reported 3 month period in which CBS can get rid of him without having to pay out the full contrcat. (that's a rumour. I don't know the contract Dave has)

If he's gone, he didn't get a fair chance. And CBS knows it.
        Stay Frosty, muthas!

Comment

• Warham
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Mar 2004

His ratings were HALF of what they were in January?

I'm sorry, but it's over.

I hope he gets out there and tours on a new album.

Comment

• guwapo_rocker

Originally posted by Warham

I'm sorry, but it's over.

I really don't want to see Dave fail, but another summer of

touring would be great. We had a blast last year!!

Comment

• bantonelli
              Crazy Ass Mofo
              • Nov 2004

The media (Radio/TV/Journalists) simply can't handle a Rock Star having more intelligence than "Tommy Lee" and having Talent in more than one side of the pendalum AND being able to do it well.

Rock Stars aren't suppose to be smart, opinionated and still have the great charisma and charm that earned ROTH the title to begin with.

Journalists are like frenzied sharks trying their best to feed off 1/2 truths and rumors about the ROTH/CBS situation hoping to bite into ROTH's flesh and puncture a deep wound.....I've got news for them...it Ain't gonna happen. You're trying to mess with the Wrong Cat! DLR is so above these idiots, it makes them look like the laughing stock!

The GOOD NEWS is.....No Matter What Shall Take Place on Friday.....ROTH PREVAILS, VICTORY SETS IN and ROTH will ROCK ON with US in TOW!
              "Meet us in the Future.....NOT the Pasture".......DLR, August '07, VH Press Conference - Tour '07-'08

Comment

• Loons The Great

And now the benediction..................I forgot the benediction

Originally posted by bantonelli
                The media (Radio/TV/Journalists) simply can't handle a Rock Star having more intelligence than "Tommy Lee" and having Talent in more than one side of the pendalum AND being able to do it well.

Rock Stars aren't suppose to be smart, opinionated and still have the great charisma and charm that earned ROTH the title to begin with.

Journalists are like frenzied sharks trying their best to feed off 1/2 truths and rumors about the ROTH/CBS situation hoping to bite into ROTH's flesh and puncture a deep wound.....I've got news for them...it Ain't gonna happen. You're trying to mess with the Wrong Cat! DLR is so above these idiots, it makes them look like the laughing stock!

The GOOD NEWS is.....No Matter What Shall Take Place on Friday.....ROTH PREVAILS, VICTORY SETS IN and ROTH will ROCK ON with US in TOW!
                Preach it, mama!! Nah you talkin'!! Bantonelli knows the real deal 'bout D-Ro...Fo' Sho'!!...preach it,baby!!

Comment

• guwapo_rocker

Originally posted by bantonelli

Great post!!!

Comment

• Loons The Great

In other news, Sammy Hagar HAS BEEN fired from his job on Hollywood Squares.

Comment

• Northern Girl
                      Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

No, they weren't.

Stations Stern up
                      the volume of listeners

By DAVID HINCKLEY
                      DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER

Radio got a few more preliminary indications yesterday where terrestrial listeners are heading in the wake of Howard Stern's departure for Sirius Satellite Radio.
                      While yesterday's monthly Arbitrend report is considered only a rough indicator in the radio business, the morning numbers went up for WHTZ (100.3 FM), WAXQ (104.3 FM), WABC (770 AM), WNEW (102.7 FM) and WBLS (107.5 FM).

The good news for Stern's old station, WFNY (92.3 FM), and its new morning host, David Lee Roth, is that most of Roth's numbers didn't decline further from January to February.

Among 18- to 34-year-olds, his audience share rose from 1.3% in January to 1.7% in February.

The bad news is that about three-quarters of the Stern audience is still gone - a fact general manager Tom Chiusano said isn't surprising.

"We knew January would be rough," he said. "We were replacing the most popular morning show of all time."

Chiusano said he sees "some positive signs" in the February numbers, but reiterated what parent CBS has said all along: that it is premature to assess WFNY's new format and hosts.

CBS still hopes to recover some Stern listeners, a quest whose value was underscored yesterday in a national study by Jacobs Media that found some 75% of former Stern listeners don't expect to follow him to satellite.

link
                      Same ole song and dance...

Comment

• Mr. Vengeance
                        Full Member Status

• Nov 2004

Word!
                        Stay Frosty, muthas!

Comment

• Warham
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Northern Girl
                          No, they weren't.

Stations Stern up
                          the volume of listeners

By DAVID HINCKLEY
                          DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER

Radio got a few more preliminary indications yesterday where terrestrial listeners are heading in the wake of Howard Stern's departure for Sirius Satellite Radio.
                          While yesterday's monthly Arbitrend report is considered only a rough indicator in the radio business, the morning numbers went up for WHTZ (100.3 FM), WAXQ (104.3 FM), WABC (770 AM), WNEW (102.7 FM) and WBLS (107.5 FM).

The good news for Stern's old station, WFNY (92.3 FM), and its new morning host, David Lee Roth, is that most of Roth's numbers didn't decline further from January to February.

Among 18- to 34-year-olds, his audience share rose from 1.3% in January to 1.7% in February.

The bad news is that about three-quarters of the Stern audience is still gone - a fact general manager Tom Chiusano said isn't surprising.

"We knew January would be rough," he said. "We were replacing the most popular morning show of all time."

Chiusano said he sees "some positive signs" in the February numbers, but reiterated what parent CBS has said all along: that it is premature to assess WFNY's new format and hosts.

CBS still hopes to recover some Stern listeners, a quest whose value was underscored yesterday in a national study by Jacobs Media that found some 75% of former Stern listeners don't expect to follow him to satellite.

link
                          Hmmmm. How did the 34+ share do?

Comment

• Northern Girl
                            Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Hmmmm. How did the 34+ share do?
                            CBS says they don't count as a demographic. Neither do women.
                            Same ole song and dance...

Comment

• Warham
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Northern Girl
                              CBS says they don't count as a demographic. Neither do women.
                              Bastards.

Comment

• bantonelli
                                Crazy Ass Mofo
                                • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Loons The Great
                                In other news, Sammy Hagar HAS BEEN fired from his job on Hollywood Squares.
                                Does this mean SPAM will be taking Vanna White's position turning the letters for Pat Sajak on Wheel of Fortune?

On the ROTH/CBS Topic...one last comment (Andy Rooney Style):

Isn't it interesting that those who majored in journalism at Yale, Stanford, Princeton and all the Ivy Leagues seem to fail misserably when faced with providing intelligent journalism when speaking about the Music Legend, Mr. David Lee Roth.

Perhaps, it's due to the intimidation when being face-to-face with a man who thinks as quick as he is articulate when speaking. The man is confident, cultured and can easily turn the tables so that the interview is on the journalist, rather than the Rock Star. THAT, takes talent and an IQ. Here is a man who did not graduate from an Ivy League University, much less a Four-year College, but certainly may have passed with confidence, his SATs with ease....So, the next time you read an article on DLR that describes him as "AGING Rock Star", you can bet, its the animosity of journalists who received low scoring SATs and perhaps tried to live like a Gigolo, but couldn't master ROTH's charisma.
                                "Meet us in the Future.....NOT the Pasture".......DLR, August '07, VH Press Conference - Tour '07-'08

Comment

Working...