So Eddie has NEVER been Mad at Sammy? Read on!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • famac
    Roadie
    • Mar 2004

If Eddie wanted Sammy to resing the song, he should have done it. Sammy was brought in to replace David Lee Roth. As a replacement singer, he should aknowledge the fact that he is in somewaht of a subordinate role.

But you don't get that from the first Sammy quote above. It's more like he's deciding what's good enough and what's not, which Eddie seems to think isn't his call.

And I completely agree. The only problem is, if you use that rationale, they would have to start all over with 5150 because the "singing" wasn't godd enough on any of the Van Hagar tunes.

Comment

• cwsmith17
      Sniper
      • Apr 2004

Great post!

Comment

• FORD
        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra
        well...ed has always been just a little lies away from the truth ...
        Wouldn't that be a "Little White Lie" away from the truth?

Remember that video with the chain smoking monkey playing guitar

Probably Sammy's last great song. Because he was pissed when he wrote & recorded it. Exactly the energy missing from the Van Hagar records.
        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Big Troubles
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Feb 2004

Originally posted by FORD

Probably Sammy's last great song. Because he was pissed when he wrote & recorded it. Exactly the energy missing from the Van Hagar records.
          There was energy in Van Hagar records? You lie. lol
          But you are right, the best music Ive heard was done out of anger and high energy passion. Sam's passion is Mike's asshole and his Tequila.
          "FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKIN' BITCH! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ANYWAYS? TALK TO ME LIKE THAT? FUCK YOU. DRAG QUEEN LOOKIN' WHORE- YOU AINT SHIT. YOUR THE FRECKLE TO THE LEFT OF MY BROWN EYE. NOW GO MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL...OH, PUT DAD ON THE PHONE"

Comment

• FORD
            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by famac
            If Eddie wanted Sammy to resing the song, he should have done it. Sammy was brought in to replace David Lee Roth. As a replacement singer, he should aknowledge the fact that he is in somewaht of a subordinate role.

But you don't get that from the first Sammy quote above. It's more like he's deciding what's good enough and what's not, which Eddie seems to think isn't his call.

And I completely agree. The only problem is, if you use that rationale, they would have to start all over with 5150 because the "singing" wasn't godd enough on any of the Van Hagar tunes.
            Nah, I gotta go with his Cheddarness on this one. If I were the singer, I wouldn't be crazy about my guitarist telling me to sing better, just like it wouldn't have been Sammy's place telling Eddie how to play guitar.

Now on the other hand, if Dave had called Sammy up and told the Ched Rocker how to properly sing a Van HALEN song (or better yet, to not sing them at all) that would have been perfectly appropriate.

The biggest flaw in VDIII, apart from "It fucking blows" is that Cherone was forced to sing like Hagar for the whole record. This is what happens when Eddie, who can't sing (see How Many Say I) is telling a singer how to do his job. Eddie probably would have had a mic stand up his ass if he would have tried that shit with Dave.
            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Roth & Roll
              Foot Soldier
              • Feb 2004

So Ed is now playing the tuba while Spammy is taking up the skin flute...lol
              http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/...oker-small.jpg

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                • Jan 2004

never seen that! I'm not so much into sammy's stuff

but I hope ed has seen it...and much more I hope...he sees it again these days...
                Roth Army Icon
                First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• Panamark
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Jan 2004

Ah memories....

back when there was hope for Van Halen.
                  BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
                  Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
                    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Panamark
                    Ah memories....

back when there was hope for Van Halen.
                    don't become sentimental, soldier !!!
                    Roth Army Icon

Comment

• Panamark
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Jan 2004

I would like to wish Spammy gets that call again real soon. But methinks he is swallowing bucketloads of Van Halen jism this time around.
                      Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
                        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                        • Jan 2004

I would like to wish Spammy gets that call again real soon. But methinks he is swallowing bucketloads of Van Halen jism this time around.
                        so do I...but I wonder what it will be like if they really go back in the studio to do another full album...I don't think they are able to work it out one more time...
                        Roth Army Icon

Comment

• Panamark
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Jan 2004

As Dave says, while they are all still vertical, theres hope. Just dont hold your breath !
                          Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• Bill Lumbergh
                            ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2004

As Dave says, while they are all still vertical, theres hope. Just dont hold your breath !
                            Look at them though dude! Ed's about to keel over any minute now, Alex needs to be fuckin' propped up and probably needs assistance to fuck his wife, Mike's body is 80% cholesterol. Dave will probably live to be 100 though.

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
                              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                              • Jan 2004

BTW...when they played the 5150 tour "I can't drive 55" was on the setlist...I wonder if they play any hagar-solo-stuff this tour..."Little White Lie" would be a gooooooooooood choice
                              Roth Army Icon

Comment

• Panamark
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Jan 2004

"Look at them though dude! Ed's about to keel over any minute now, Alex needs to be fuckin' propped up and probably needs assistance to fuck his wife, Mike's body is 80% cholesterol. Dave will probably live to be 100 though."

Yeah Bill, you are right. But at least they are alive.. Kinda...
                                Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

Working...