• Julius
    Foot Soldier
    • Jan 2004

It's time to go on a killing spree.

Comment

• BruinJer
      Head Fluffer
      • Jan 2004

I feel much better now about PAYING $13 a month to listen to good radio instead of that crap that CBS is feeding us... I hope Howard succeeds in killing off free radio...
      http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...r/Chickies.jpg

Comment

• bluemustard
        Veteran
        • Mar 2006

Originally posted by bantonelli
        Count me in, Blue. I'll even take my Chianti without the chilled glass. Feeling Oh So BLUE.

I had to play MEAN STREETS to vent on my commute this morning.

Keep the faith..wonder how monday will be.I'm still digesting this stuff that happened today.I still will listen caus I know they can't change him.He showed that today.I dunno..weird shit.
        Always a chilled glass here!

Comment

• bantonelli
          Crazy Ass Mofo
          • Nov 2004

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
          Again...you don't think Roth can carry this show by himself?

I Do...

and this corporate shit that you are all bitching about is...well...the norm...

So I'm a bit dumbfounded at the shock and dismay and rage you are all feeling now...

I got it over with about 5 months ago...when I said, "Oh, Dave's on CBS Radio...wonder how long it will be until they fuck him..."

This didn't blindside Dave...nor should it have blindsided anyone else...

My guess?

If Roth stayed to do it...he'll find a way to make it his own...
          You're absolutely right, Poj. Dave's been presented with sour lemons....but he'll make the Sweetest Lemonade with a Tangy Twist!!!
          "Meet us in the Future.....NOT the Pasture".......DLR, August '07, VH Press Conference - Tour '07-'08

Comment

• diamondsgirl
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Apr 2004

I was wondering how Dave is getting away with all of the negative stuff he said about CBS, Hollander, etc. on Friday. I don't think thats going to fly for very long. I love it, but, couldn't they term him for that?
            “Why do people say "grow some balls"? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding” ― Betty White

Comment

• EAT MY ASSHOLE
              Veteran
              • Feb 2006

Originally posted by FORD
              Fuck corporatism, in all of its ugly forms, for what it has done to this country.

And it's effect on radio - ALL radio - is one of the worst examples.

If corporate radio had existed in 1978, we probably wouldn't know the name "David Lee Roth" at all today, because it took decidedly NON corporate fuck stations with goddamn integrity to break a band like Van HALEN. And it took someone like Howard Stern to turn talk radio on its ass and start a revolution in that area.

And corporatist pigs STRANGLE any future growth or revolutions. Which is why music and radio have basically sucked corporate cock for the last decade.

Time to enforce the existing antitrust laws and bust up these fucking pseudo-monopolies that are controlling so many aspects of American life, radio being just one of them.
              oH, SHUT UP. dO YOU THINK DAVE WOULD HAVE TAKEN THE GIG IF BIG CORPORATE MONEY WEREN'T FINANCING THE WHOLE THING? THINK HE WOULD HAVE DONE IT FROM HIS BASEMENT WITH A CB RADIO? THINK AGAIN.

THEY PAID AND INVESTED A LOT OF MONEY INTO HIM. IT'S A BUSINESS. YOU'RE SURPRISED THEY WANT A RETURN ON THEIR INVESTMENT?

AGAIN, THE CREW HE HAD WERE BORING. ANIMAL WAS AN IDIOT. SASHA WAS A GOOD FOIL, AND I AM SURPRISED SHE'S GONE. BUT IF I WERE AT CBS, I WOULD'VE MADE THE SAME REQUESTS AND DEMANDS.
              RIM ME!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• ransonjames
                Roth Army Recruit
                • May 2005

i'm not sure how easy howards show is to access from where it is, but surely his audience has moved with him. do they expect howard's fans to be loyal to the cbs network? do they not think they'd fuck off with him. the fact dave has any listeners is interesting - surely he's brought them with him. he hasn't turned anyone off-even roth haters listen just to heckle - it's all ratings cbs! howard took his audience surely and with that dave basically has to steal that sector back. it sucks without the music and although i wouldn't say his co hosts were great, he needs someone to banter with.. get blackie lawless or dave mustaine to co-host. or from england tommy boyd.

Comment

• Mr. Vengeance
                  Full Member Status

• Nov 2004

Originally posted by ransonjames
                  he needs someone to banter with.. get blackie lawless or dave mustaine to co-host. or from england tommy boyd.
                  I can see it now-

Dave: So Blackie, what do you make of the situation in Iraq?

Blackie: Pleeeeeeeease play something off my new album Dave.

Dave: Seriously, what would you have us do as an exit strategy over there?

Blackie: For god sakes, Dave, I'm eating fucking DOG FOOD!!!! Play the song!
                  Stay Frosty, muthas!

Comment

• matt19
                    Sniper
                    • Mar 2005

Fuck CBS
                    Long Live Classic VH

Comment

Working...