X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SRK
    Roadie
    • Jan 2004

Daves trying to beat them at their own game

Diamond Dave has not been broke....Oh no my friends just the opposite...He `s beating them at their own game....just like Cool Hand Luke...." I`M` shakin THE BUSH BOSS...SHAKING THE BUSH"...They want him to quit...they are trying to break him ....but he refuses...LETS TAKE ANIMAL OFF...B YOUNG...EVERYTHING THAT WAS HIS VISION....BREAK HIM AND WE STILL WIN.... But Dave , in his ultimate wisdom says two can play this game you want LESS MUSIC ...THEN NO MUSIC AT ALL ...YOU WANT PLAIN GENERIC SPOONFED RADIO ....THEN WE`LL GO REAL generic ...YOU WANT ME TONED DOWN ...HOWS THIS ...I`LL TALK IN MY SERIOUS MONOTONE VOICE....LETS PLAY BALL NOW... YOU WANT ME TO BE A GOOD LITTLE SOLDER OH , I`LL DO EVERYTHING YOU WANT TO THE 3RD DEGREE...

See Daves going to make these old fat cats pay the ultimate price ...how do you hurt old fat cats like this....I N THEIR POCKET BOOK!!! They don`t want to pay Dave the money and with the way things have went so far if they have too then a lot of fat cats will loose their jobs...Stern says that he thinks Dave is making 4 mill a year on a two year contract..... Thats 8 MILL ....THATS A HARD PILL TO SWALLOW.... BUT DAVE`S SAYING OPEN UP AND SAY ahh MOTHER FUCKER!!! Let enjoy this ride while it last ....I can`t wait to see what happens next. I`M SHAKIN THE BUSH BOSS ...SHAKING THE BUSH....

IN THE END DAVE RIDES OFF INTO THE SUNSET WITH A SMILE...AND A MILLION MORE ADVENTURES
    WHILE THESE ONE TRICK PONIES GET FIRED AND ROT SOMEWHERE
  • Dave's PA Rental
    Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Diamond Dave has not been broke....Oh no my friends just the opposite...He `s beating them at their own game....just like Cool Hand Luke...." I`M` shakin THE BUSH BOSS...SHAKING THE BUSH"...They want him to quit...they are trying to break him ....but he refuses...LETS TAKE ANIMAL OFF...B YOUNG...EVERYTHING THAT WAS HIS VISION....BREAK HIM AND WE STILL WIN.... But Dave , in his ultimate wisdom says two can play this game you want LESS MUSIC ...THEN NO MUSIC AT ALL ...YOU WANT PLAIN GENERIC SPOONFED RADIO ....THEN WE`LL GO REAL generic ...YOU WANT ME TONED DOWN ...HOWS THIS ...I`LL TALK IN MY SERIOUS MONOTONE VOICE....LETS PLAY BALL NOW... YOU WANT ME TO BE A GOOD LITTLE SOLDER OH , I`LL DO EVERYTHING YOU WANT TO THE 3RD DEGREE...
    You know, that's all well and good when you are 17 and try to stick it to the shift manager at McDonalds because he's riding you for being too friendly at the drive through...

...but it should NEVER have come to this for David Lee Fucking Roth.

Maybe this is what a heroine addict feels like after getting a long awaited fix, shooting up in the corner of some abandoned building and just not giving a fuck about what the rest of the world thinks...TATTOO"

Comment

• SRK
      Roadie
      • Jan 2004

He made his stand on the 8th and now hes making them pay the only way he can.

Comment

• Mr. Vengeance
        Full Member Status

• Nov 2004

Please..it's over.
        Stay Frosty, muthas!

Comment

• Julius
          Foot Soldier
          • Jan 2004

The CBS suits have chewed all the flavor from our bubblegum.

Motherfuckers.

Comment

• BrownSound1
            ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
            • Mar 2003

I never liked the idea of Dave being a DJ in the first place. He's a fookin' rock legend for chrissakes.

Comment

• redblkwht
              Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by BrownSound1
              I never liked the idea of Dave being a DJ in the first place. He's a fookin' rock legend for chrissakes.
              Again,I agree
              with you bro..no doubt.

EUAS

Comment

• SRK
                Roadie
                • Jan 2004

I agree its over but Dave is not the loser.. he lost the battle ...A battle I doubt anyone could win with CBS leading the way.....but in the end he will get his money and CBS will look like the asses they are for the way all this was handled. My point is our hero is not broke .....maybe down a bit but ready for the next adventure....What ever it may be.

Comment

• fenway5150
                  Head Fluffer
                  • Feb 2004

As a fellow Steeler fan, I gotta give my due respect here! However, I can't look at this the same way you are as far as Dave. He's pissed off, dejected and beaten.....I never thought I'd see it.

I work in the radio business. I grew up with it as my dad was in it for over 40 years. I've been a disc jockey for over 10 years, full time for 6 years and this is exactly what I've gone through and it's frustrating. Listeners get pissed at me thinking I play the same songs over and over when it's not my call......if I have a creative idea it gets shot down....they just want me to keep it straight forward and primarily read the liners promoting a car dealership or a station event. If we don't do it, we're fired.

The only thing I can do freely is talk about the bands and, for me, that's something I enjoy doing so it makes it more barable but, trust me, radio is not fun to work in just as it is not fun to listen to nowadays. Dave will be gone soon. Whether it's their decision or his, he'll be glad either way.
                  "To keep up with me, you must be fast. To sing like me, you must be great. To beat me? You must be kidding!"
                  - DLR, 2004

Comment

Working...