X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fenway5150
    Head Fluffer
    • Feb 2004

That was the most depressing radio show I've ever listened to

I just listened to Dave's show from yesterday and it was so grim and depressing I wanted to put a gun to my head. The tone in Dave's voice said it all. Twilight Zone experience......Fucking Twilight Zone.
    "To keep up with me, you must be fast. To sing like me, you must be great. To beat me? You must be kidding!"
    - DLR, 2004
  • bantonelli
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    • Nov 2004

I felt the same way, but ya know what?

Let's be positive...........The Chess Game ain't over and Dave is full of Strategy and his moves at this point will be very well thought out.

The SUITS don't want to pay him is $4 Million - but Dave's not quitting and not a quitter. Dave has Payroll to be responsible for: Matt Sencio, Animal & B-Young, so Dave will be intelligent about this game of deceit on the part of CBS.

I'm giving Dave's new format my support and let's play along with it along with Dave.
    "Meet us in the Future.....NOT the Pasture".......DLR, August '07, VH Press Conference - Tour '07-'08

Comment

• light 'em up!
      Foot Soldier
      • Mar 2004

I thought CBS had given Dave total artisitic control.

Comment

• FORD
        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by light 'em up!
        I thought CBS had given Dave total artisitic control.
        So did he. But apparently their definition is something like "You can do whatever you want. As long as your show only appeals to 18-35 white boys."
        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Matty
          Roth Army Recruit
          • Mar 2006

I Agree

that was bad, cause you could here it in his voice he was pissed and
          bummed out, they took away his buddy animal and all his loops and
          creation of the show, when you take away a persons art or creation,
          of course its gonna bum them out.

Comment

• Nitro Express
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

We think we know Dave but we don't. That guy has guarded his personal life like a pit bull. What we see is what Dave wants us to see and what we love is his crafted public image.

Eddie Van Halen once said there was a part of Dave he would never share with anyone. Dave said in his book he really was a loner. I hope he's ok. It's not like him to show his cards and the guy seemed frustrated. I really think he wants this radio show to work and it's not going as well as hoped.

Diamond David Lee Roth seems bigger than life but deep down in there is a real person and that real person has normal emotions just like anyone else. I wish the best for Dave.
            No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Matt White
              • Jun 2004

"Depressing"? You should have heard van hagar on ROCKLINE back in '86....

Now THAT was some depressing shit.....

Comment

• guwapo_rocker

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                We think we know Dave but we don't. That guy has guarded his personal life like a pit bull. What we see is what Dave wants us to see and what we love is his crafted public image.

Eddie Van Halen once said there was a part of Dave he would never share with anyone. Dave said in his book he really was a loner. I hope he's ok. It's not like him to show his cards and the guy seemed frustrated. I really think he wants this radio show to work and it's not going as well as hoped.

Diamond David Lee Roth seems bigger than life but deep down in there is a real person and that real person has normal emotions just like anyone else. I wish the best for Dave.
                Good post!!

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                  Roth Army Caesar
                  • Mar 2003

I concur...

the fact of the matter is this...I know Dave as well as I know Abraham Lincoln...

Other than the fact that we seem to know that there is a lot of "act" that goes on...

A lot of people are saying that Roth should have humbled down to VH to get another chance...

well...a few things about that...

1. Dave was a lot younger in 1985...

2. Dave was 10 years younger in 1996...

3. VH was always 1/4 his...in his eyes...and everyone elses...

4. What did Dave just say about VH? Something to the tune that it's inevitable that we play again...if only once...so that we can move on and not always be compared to the what could have been...sounds a bit humbling eh? And also like Roth was saying...c'mon...let's just do it...

My point? Dave isn't getting any younger...so I think he's starting to realize that he doesn't have nearly as much play room with all of this...and I think it's also a simple fact that as a 50+ year old, you probably look at things a bunch different...
                  "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• Redballjets88
                    Full Member Status

• Mar 2005

i miss animal ...i dont think the show will last too long bc i dont see dave really enjoying his time with the new sidekicks
                    R.I.P Van Halen 1978-1984

hopefully God will ressurect you

"i wont be messing with you in future.the fearsome redballjets88 for fear of you owning me some more" Axl S

" I liked Sammy Hagar " FORD

Comment

• Big Troubles
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Feb 2004

Dave purposely put on a drab show, OVER-emphasizing the fact that there was no music, talking deeper, more soft spoken... He didn't joke at all and in fact he kept saying "whatever". To me he was showing CBS what a "talk format" would sound like. He wasn't "sad". He's still playing the game.
                      "FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKIN' BITCH! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ANYWAYS? TALK TO ME LIKE THAT? FUCK YOU. DRAG QUEEN LOOKIN' WHORE- YOU AINT SHIT. YOUR THE FRECKLE TO THE LEFT OF MY BROWN EYE. NOW GO MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL...OH, PUT DAD ON THE PHONE"

Comment

• guwapo_rocker

Originally posted by Big Troubles
                        Dave purposely put on a drab show, OVER-emphasizing the fact that there was no music, talking deeper, more soft spoken... He didn't joke at all and in fact he kept saying "whatever". To me he was showing CBS what a "talk format" would sound like. He wasn't "sad". He's still playing the game.
                        I think he was pretty bummed dude. He ain't Superman!!

Comment

• Big Troubles
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Feb 2004

either which way this gig on the radio turns out, Dave ends up with the publicity, which will hopefuly put him back into a position of being an option for the remaining sober members of VH.
                          "FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKIN' BITCH! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ANYWAYS? TALK TO ME LIKE THAT? FUCK YOU. DRAG QUEEN LOOKIN' WHORE- YOU AINT SHIT. YOUR THE FRECKLE TO THE LEFT OF MY BROWN EYE. NOW GO MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL...OH, PUT DAD ON THE PHONE"

Comment

• Big Troubles
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Feb 2004

Originally posted by guwapo_rocker
                            I think he was pretty bummed dude. He ain't Superman!!
                            yes he is.

Comment

• Big Troubles
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Feb 2004

Comment

Working...