• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PlexiBrown
    Commando
    • Mar 2006

Eddie Van Halen Sighting

Found what is below on a VH message board:

Hello all. My name is Ryan Rhoades. I have been a long time Van Halen fan since the mid 80's. I haven't really kept up with them through the years though.
    Well, Saturday night Eddie Van Halen came into the Jazz Kitchen (Where I work). He was with two other people one guy wearing a sharp looking black suit and the other in jeans. I had no idea who either of them were. The Waitress at the table was saying to everyone that Gabin or Gavin (I can't recall his last name) was sitting at one of her tables. Apparently he's in (or was in) a band called Bush. It was the same table Eddie Van Halen was at.
    I walked over casually and introduced myself to everyone at the table. I offered them wine. They bought a bottle of Vintners Cabernet. After bringing the wine, we talked for a couple minutes. We both talked about our kids. I didn't bring up Van Halen once. The other two at the table seemed annoyed, so I left and let them finish their food. They finished the meal (2 some hours I think). I walked over and dropped the check on the table. Eddie asked me about my kids again. We talked a little bit more. He said that his son played with him on his last tour. I felt like an idiot because I didn't even know Eddie toured recently. I asked if he's doing anything new. He said "Not really, just hanging out". I told them to have a great night and that's how it ended. The guy in the tux paid the tab and said something about finishing some stuff up with "These guys". I left and said goodbye to everyone. On their way out Eddie Van Halen said goodbye to me, gave me a handshake and handed me two pennies, saying to keep one by my dresser when I sleep.
    That was it. Not much to say except Eddie was a really nice guy. A really down to Earth Rock Star!
    And God heard the voice of the lad. Then the angel of God called to Hagar out of heaven, and said to her, “What ails you, Hagar? Genesis 21:17
  • mewisemagic
    Commando
    • Jan 2004

Very cool story bro.....Congrats on meeting the man!!!

Comment

• Douglas T.
      Full Member Status

• Nov 2005

ed passing out pennies? allllll righty then!

Comment

• guwapo_rocker

Re: Eddie Van Halen Sighting

Originally posted by PlexiBrown
        On their way out Eddie Van Halen said goodbye to me, gave me a handshake and handed me two pennies, saying to keep one by my dresser when I sleep.
        Oo, nice tip Ed!!

I think this is from about a year ago....not sure though.

Comment

• Little Texan
          Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Gavin Rossdale? I hope he isn't considering him for new lead singer!

Comment

• bantonelli
            Crazy Ass Mofo
            • Nov 2004

Hmm.....The Jazz Kitchen is located in Anaheim at Disneyland's California Adventura Theme Park (Orange County) - is Gavin and Gwen living in Orange County? (She's from there originally)

I hope the business w/Ed that these guys had was nothing to do with a lead singer!
            "Meet us in the Future.....NOT the Pasture".......DLR, August '07, VH Press Conference - Tour '07-'08

Comment

• bantonelli
              Crazy Ass Mofo
              • Nov 2004

Found what is below on a VH message board:

Hello all. My name is Ryan Rhoades. I have been a long time Van Halen fan since the mid 80's. I haven't really kept up with them through the years though.
              Well, Saturday night Eddie Van Halen came into the Jazz Kitchen (Where I work). He was with two other people one guy wearing a sharp looking black suit and the other in jeans. I had no idea who either of them were. The Waitress at the table was saying to everyone that Gabin or Gavin (I can't recall his last name) was sitting at one of her tables. Apparently he's in (or was in) a band called Bush. It was the same table Eddie Van Halen was at.
              I walked over casually and introduced myself to everyone at the table. I offered them wine. They bought a bottle of Vintners Cabernet. After bringing the wine, we talked for a couple minutes. We both talked about our kids. I didn't bring up Van Halen once. The other two at the table seemed annoyed, so I left and let them finish their food. They finished the meal (2 some hours I think). I walked over and dropped the check on the table. Eddie asked me about my kids again. We talked a little bit more. He said that his son played with him on his last tour. I felt like an idiot because I didn't even know Eddie toured recently. I asked if he's doing anything new. He said "Not really, just hanging out". I told them to have a great night and that's how it ended. The guy in the tux paid the tab and said something about finishing some stuff up with "These guys". I left and said goodbye to everyone. On their way out Eddie Van Halen said goodbye to me, gave me a handshake and handed me two pennies, saying to keep one by my dresser when I sleep.
              That was it. Not much to say except Eddie was a really nice guy. A really down to Earth Rock Star!
              Nice story of your meeting with Ed. I hope he didn't consume too much wine. I'm sure he's a good guy, but he'd earn 5 stars by dialing Dave!
              "Meet us in the Future.....NOT the Pasture".......DLR, August '07, VH Press Conference - Tour '07-'08

Comment

• BrownSound1
                ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                • Mar 2003

What the hell is the deal with the two pennies?

Comment

• bueno bob
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Little Texan
                  Gavin Rossdale? I hope he isn't considering him for new lead singer!
                  I was thinking along the same lines...
                  Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• bueno bob
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Jul 2004

Originally posted by BrownSound1
                    What the hell is the deal with the two pennies?
                    Probably the same idiocy that convinced him to baptise people in a restaurant with "holy water" not too long back...

Just Ed, folks, nothing to see here...
                    Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• fryingdutchman
                      Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

Vintner's Cabernet?

Does your establishment not stock any Smoking Loon in it's wine cellar?

Tsk Tsk. Not looking good for any repeat business....
                      Originally posted by perilouspete
                      fryingdutchman you pretty much own everyone.....sick comebacks, well put. top class wit.

Comment

• fryingdutchman
                        Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

Oh...and I'm so sorry to hear that you've been a fan since the mid-80's.

That's about the time everything went to hell....
                        fryingdutchman you pretty much own everyone.....sick comebacks, well put. top class wit.

Comment

• fryingdutchman
                          Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

Don't know what the fuck is up with the penny...

Although a Google search turned up that there is a hotel called the "Penny Sleeper Inn" in Anaheim, which is the same spot as Disneyland/California Adventure.

Maybe Ed's a partner in owning some no-tell hotel?

Comment

• Blackflag
                            Banned
                            • Apr 2006

Sorry, but I have to call fake.

Comment

• SGV
                              Full On Cocktard
                              • Nov 2004

On their way out Eddie Van Halen said goodbye to me, gave me a handshake and handed me two pennies, saying to keep one by my dresser when I sleep.
                              This is obviously the "two cents" that the bass player *thought* he had in the band...

Then again...this just proves: If Eddie had "two cents" about him, he would call Dave.

Man...the jokes could go on for ages.

sv

Comment

Working...