Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mdave
    Roth Army Recruit
    • Oct 2004

its not that dave couldnt do a good job on van hagar songs-or any songs for that matter but on general principal he shouldnt and wont ever sing a van hagar song ever--it would be like a boil on jessica albas ass

Comment

• Matt White
      • Jun 2004

I don't ever need to hear DAVE sing a van hagar song.....

He might as well start sing Journey tunes.....

It's academic at this point....never gonna happen....

Comment

• guwapo_rocker

Originally posted by sadaist

They are bound to mix in some Van Hagar.
        Horseshit!!!!!

Comment

• POJO_Risin
          Roth Army Caesar
          • Mar 2003

Why the fuck not?

There wouldn't be any bigger smack in Hagar's face than for Roth to do all his songs better...

Hagar obviously sucked singing period...and Roth songs in particular...

no doubt about it...if Roth came out and did a couple of Hagar songs...and the critics would laud them and him for doing them better than the originals (as most of VH's covers did)...

well...

I don't think I need to say any more than that.

I can't stand Hagar...he's a lying sack of zit-pus...

...and this...would piss him off more than anything...

You can't tell me Roth:

A. wouldn't think of that (in particular if one of the demands were for him to do a couple of Hagar tunes--which I doubt they would)

B. Wouldn't relish in making those songs that make every true VH fan want to puke out their intestines 10x better than the original...you know...make them actual rock songs....not I wanna fuck Punky Brewster...tunes...
          "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• POJO_Risin
            Roth Army Caesar
            • Mar 2003

I'm actually surprised here that some regulars aren't seeing the hilarious irony that would come from Roth redoing Hagar era songs...

I think it would be even FUNNIER if he did a Hagar solo tune...in Dave-ese...
            "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• POJO_Risin
              Roth Army Caesar
              • Mar 2003

Originally posted by guwapo_rocker
              Horseshit!!!!!

I think Dave would do a tour at this point under any circumstances just to get it done...

No bigger Roth fan than I am...and not saying I want him to do Hagar tunes...

but I think this is a possibility if they do ever get together...in some form or fashion...

Comment

• Matt White
                • Jun 2004

I don't see DAVE even acknowledging spammy's stuff.....

It would be one thing if a song off 5150 had DAVE's lyrics in it...kinda like "Shake my Tree" by Page/Coverdle...which is why PLANT made sure to do it on the first PAGE/PLANT tour.....

I just don't see it.....

DAVE has said...if he got back with the sisters...ALL of the stuff they've done since he left would be rendered null-and-void..."How does Spammy sleep at night?" DAVE wondered.......

Comment

• guwapo_rocker

The Van Hagar era ignored most of the classic Van Halen songs when

playing live, some of the best songs ever written.

So I really don't think Ed would have a problem ignoring

the Hagar era if it happens.

Dave won't do the songs, they won't need to do the songs!!!

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                    Roth Army Caesar
                    • Mar 2003

I've seen all of that...and believe it all to be true...

but again...most of the hardline stances taken on this by posters are overdone...

I could give a shit less what Roth sings if he gets back with the Netherland Nutjobs...to be plain and honest about it...

and like I said...if he decided to go ahead and do a Hagar tune...no doubt in my mind...it would be better...and hilarious to hear...knowing that Hagar wouldn't be able to sleep at night over it...

again...surprised none of you are seeing the ironic twist that this would provide...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                      Roth Army Caesar
                      • Mar 2003

I'm not saying they need to...I'm not saying they want to...

I'm saying that I could fucking see Dave doing a parody version of a hagar tune...and it not taking much convincing for him to do it...

Again...I know most of you anti's out there KNOW ROTH...

and to simply say he wouldn't relish in making Hagar look like a bigger joke...wouldn't cross his mind...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                        Roth Army Caesar
                        • Mar 2003

So I'm pretty much done with this...

you either see the point...or you don't...

such is life...

Comment

• guwapo_rocker

I see your point. But to the other 3 members,

they are still Van Halen songs. I don't think they would

want Dave taking the piss out of them.

Comment

• sadaist
                            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                            • Jul 2004

Originally posted by guwapo_rocker
                            I see your point. But to the other 3 members,

they are still Van Halen songs. I don't think they would

want Dave taking the piss out of them.
                            But to the other 3 members, they are Van Halen songs. I don't think they would ignore them either.
                            “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                              Roth Army Caesar
                              • Mar 2003

I actually think they would ignore them...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                                Roth Army Caesar
                                • Mar 2003

Let's not forget...

for many...many early era tunes...it's been over 20 years since they've been played at a live show by the members of VH...discounting Dave of course...

Comment

Working...