Majority of Roth fans will be at the Van Hagar concert!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DavidLeeNatra
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jan 2004

can't do a forum jump...
    Roth Army Icon
    First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• thefive

You are supporting the enemy!!!!

Comment

• thefive

Come on now. Roth fans at a sheep concert.... No fuckin way.
        We do not support the enemy.....

Comment

• thefive

Ed sheep fans.

Comment

• thefive

I gotta take a shit right now.

Comment

• BigBadBrian
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by L.S.D.
              Talk to me when you lived it man. My guess is you started listening to van halen in the last 2 years.
              No, that would be you SPAM-aholics. People who were turned on by the original VH with Dave, particularly if they've seen a live show, never turn to the version that is nothing more than a pop act.
              “If bullshit was currency, Joe Biden would be a billionaire.” - George W. Bush

Comment

• Lou

Exactly, the ONLY people who like Van Hagar are people who grew up with it. The music is so pussy-fied that's just about the ONLY way you can like it, because it just so happened that your glory years were in the late '80s/early '90s.

Whereas Van HALEN and the rest of the real rock and roll bands transcend that...it's so good you do not have to have grown up with it to like it. Led Zeppelin is my favorite band and I didn't grow up with them obviously so HOW IS THAT? Gee because it's CLASSIC, TIMELESS music. I also love Mozart, Bach, Brahms, and Debussy so hmm how did that happen? Oh yeah because it's JUST THAT DAMN GOOD.

Van Hagar did NOT stand the test of time, which is why "Why Can't This Be Cheese" is the epitome of Van Hagar. Time has told that they DON'T stand the test of time as classic music.

Comment

• smaz
                  Commando
                  • Mar 2004

I started listening to Van Halen about a year ago. I listen only to the albums from VH1 to 1984. I've listened to 30 seconds of a Van Hagar song out of morbid curiosity and thought that the first line of his vocals sounded awful, and have refused to listen to any more. I couldn't go to see Van Hagar even if I wanted to - i wouldn't be able to put up with Sammys vocals for 2 hours.
                  Moving webhosts & will be making changes to the picture hosting - watch this space..

Comment

• Lou

Well you are truly not missing anything other than exceptionally generic rock that could have been written by any other band. That's another thing about Van Hagar--it sounds so much like Sam's boring, ho-hum solo material. There is nothing remotely unique about it other than Ed's guitar licks, half of which he was doing prior to Van Hagar and I can pinpoint Van HALEN concerts to prove it.

Was there anyone writing lyrics, doing screams, and putting on a show like David Lee Roth? If you've watched some Van HALEN DVD's and aren't convinced that NOBODY could take his place then you're just a moron.

Comment

• Terry
                      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by cwsmith17
                      I never said this was a reunion? I am just going to see Ed, Alex and Mike. Because I am a classic Van Halen and David Lee Roth fan.
                      If you're a classic Van Halen and David Lee Roth fan, why waste your money going to a Van Hagar reunion tour?

Just admit you like Sam Halen and the music Eddie and Sammy wrote, and that's why you're going.

Van Hagar does nothing for me. That's why I'm not going. Won't be sitting home whining about Dave not reuniting with Van Halen, because I've learned not to get my hopes up about it. If it happens, great. If not, great.

Kind of a dubious logic if you're a classic Van Halen and Roth fan to pay homage to that by shelling out upwards of a hundred bucks to see 3/4 of the classic lineup sans Roth, and Sam Halen reportedly not playing any classic songs to boot. this time around.

When it comes to classic Van Halen, I accept no substitutes. As good as it is to see Roth come around with his slamming, for-all-intents-and-purposes Van Halen tribute band, I'm not deluding myself that Roth was Van Halen.

Guess this summer Ed is counting on a fool and his money being lucky to get together in the first place.
                      Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Terry
                        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                        • Jan 2004

Man, I love David Lee Roth. I tell it like it is. I learned that from Dave. He never backs down for nothin'. I'll never back down to wannabe fans that bend over for Dave.
                        Roth has taken his knocks and made more than a few career moves that left me puzzled, but he never lost his sense of who he was or how to entertain.

Don't really see where focusing on the positive rather than accenting the negative makes me a wannabe fan, or bending over for Dave.

CW, you gotta figure if you come in here posting negative stuff about Dave you're gonna get taken to task for it. Just the nature of what you're saying combined with where you are when you're saying it.
                        Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• smaz
                          Commando
                          • Mar 2004

If you don't like Van Hagar material and you go to see Van Hagar just for Eddie and co., you wont like them as you wouldn't enjoy listening to crap that they're playing. If you wan't to see them rather than listen to them, there's plenty of pictures on this site and VH site. They'll last longer and are a a hell of a lot cheaper.
                          Moving webhosts & will be making changes to the picture hosting - watch this space..

Comment

• Lou

Yeah that's the thing--I don't understand these people who claim they can't stand Van Hagar but will go to see Eddie. How are you going to enjoy it when--guess what--Eddie was part of Van Hagar! Unless they're willing to put up with all that for the 10 minute guitar solo, and I CANNOT justify paying big bucks for just that. And frankly the negativity inside of me, having to sit through this sham, would not allow me to enjoy even the solo.

Comment

• Big Troubles
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Feb 2004

Originally posted by smaz
                              Why don't you stop at Hagar's Gaybar on the way back?Im sure there'd be some baaaa-d conversations going on in there.
                              lol It's funny ya know...All my life I never would've figured I'd get some smack talk from a 16 year old Limey? Man. It's like travelling the fucking world in this place! Dont worry kid, I wasn't bustin your balls. Hell, I don't think they would've dropped yet anyways.
                              "FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKIN' BITCH! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ANYWAYS? TALK TO ME LIKE THAT? FUCK YOU. DRAG QUEEN LOOKIN' WHORE- YOU AINT SHIT. YOUR THE FRECKLE TO THE LEFT OF MY BROWN EYE. NOW GO MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL...OH, PUT DAD ON THE PHONE"

Comment

• moose
                                Veteran
                                • Mar 2004

Many of you deny that you are going, but why? The majority of the fans at the concert will be loyal Roth fans. They aren't going to praise Sam. If you think like that then you are a tool. Most of the people are crazy about Dave, but figure that if he isn't there then they might as well get a chance to see the remaing three members live and in person. If you want to stay home and cry about it, then go right ahead. I'll be at the concerct watching three living legends, thinking about what Dave would look like up on stage, and you can sit at home and stick a shampoo bottle in your ass!
                                Naw, the fuck I am, gimme all the money in the world and still I wouldn't go to see 3/4's of the once Mighty Van Halen. And what do you mean "thinking about what DAVE would look like on stage", you cannot go to a Van Halen show and think about DDLR on stage he has to be there then you can say that you are @ a VAN HALEN SHOW. what you are going to be experiencing is watered down version of what was once MIGHTY VAN HALEN. So don't come here and say you are crazy about DDLR and in the same post mention that other debacle of a band. See if you fuckin wannabe's were truly VAN HALENIZED the right way, there would be no way that you would be wasting your money on a joke that is what we all know now as SPAM FAGGOT>
                                Oh about the shampoo bottle, I think you mentioned that because that's how you are preparing yourself to go see spam faggot,
                                sticking it up your ass ever so gentley, and then when the neck of the bottle arrives you just jam it in and sing the chorus to "love cums walking in"(correct me if I'm wrong but is this a spam faggot ballad?)

So fanboy "BITEME"

Comment

Working...