X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • damngoodtimes
    Sniper
    • Jan 2004

one more thing...

my brother-in-law is about 47 - almost Dave's age. he's not really a VH fan, but he can dig Dave's thing. if you asked him who the singer of VH is? he'd say Dave and nobody else.

he's one of my favorite guys to talk music and listen to music with. great classic rocker. Beatles. Stones. Bowie. etc. but likes the new stuff in that vein as well.

well, he grew up on a lot of the same music that Dave did. I gave him this CD for Xmas. well, after giving it a spin, he had to call me right up. he called it "outrageous" - which, from him, is very much a compliment.

he's already turned a few friends on to it.

Dave'll get back to the VH stuff, just be patient.

but this is part of Dave, too.
    David Lee Roth's the greatest motherfucker who ever lived!
    — Brian Moore (@brianpmoore666) June 26, 2012

Comment

• Dave's PA Rental
      Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

excellent points
      Maybe this is what a heroine addict feels like after getting a long awaited fix, shooting up in the corner of some abandoned building and just not giving a fuck about what the rest of the world thinks...TATTOO"

Comment

• rustoffa
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Jan 2004

didn't Dave say that it was the soundtrack from his youth or something?It sucks?Geeezus.....here's a nice kiddie pool with a llama in it....it's shallow and there's plenty of room....

Comment

• Osama Bin Laden

Why do we not have this record in Saudi Arabia? Is it because DLR is a Jew?

Comment

• Gmoney

With the band Dave has now, he should be doing some kick ass rockers instead of cover tunes.

Comment

• flappo
              Banned
              • Jan 2004

..12k?

..jesterstar's last mp3 beat that !

Comment

• azcrdnal
                Foot Soldier
                • Jan 2004

it was a piece of shit

Comment

• ZahZoo
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Diamond Dave isn't a rocker... but it is a great summertime kickback and groove record. We played it a bunch hangin at the lake this summer on the boat.

I do like the overall production of it and frankly the DLR band is a great bunch of musicians, which shows.

I am hoping Dave's next release is more of a rocker... It would be interesting to hear what type of compositions Brian and Toshi could cook up. I like their Hideous Sun Demon stuff, although it's a bit too much in the fusion genre for Dave to put lyrics to... or maybe not...
                  "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Steve Savicki
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Osama Bin Laden
                    Why do we not have this record in Saudi Arabia? Is it because DLR is a Jew?
                    Probably because greedy Warner Bros. Record execs don't want to spend the money to open a CD manufacturing plant over there.
                    sigpic

Comment

• MAX
                      Rotharmy Gladiator

DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Jan 2004

Shoo Bop, Medicine Man, Soul Kitchen, Let It All Hang Out, and Thug Pop kick ass!!!! Those songs are well worth the purchase. Plus, "The BeatlesTune" a.k.a. "Tomorrow Never Knows" is great!!! Now, Dave fucking owns that song!!!!

Now it's due time for a real Roth and Roll album!!! You did your sequel to CFTH now give us the sequel to EEAS with your stellar fucking lineup!!!
                      EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Comment

• meanstreet

Well, with only one original (Thug Pop) on the entire friggin CD worth listening to, ibuying it was more for the fact that we hadn't heard ANYTHING from Dave in 4-5 years, so it makes sense to grab it while you can. (try to find the '98 DLR Band CD -- it's out of print and really hard to find)

Thug Pop does rule, but it was actually written back in '98 with the DLR band from '98 (not this current lineup) and wasn't released.

So essenitally, because of that, and the fact that all of the rest of the tunes on it are covers, there really is NO new material featured on it.

By far, for me anyway, a real bummer.

If you liked the '98 DLR Band CD, and dig great rock music with a Rock Roth edge to it, you'll be dissappointed in the "new" one

If you haven't bought it yet, check out YFLM ('94) instead -- it totally outshines the new one

Comment

• Lou

I don't even like Thug Pop. It's not atrocious, I just don't like it. It sounds like it was written in 10 minutes, following a standard rock formula. I swear to God even before it got to the end of the song I knew it was going to end with that abruptness that all the "alternative rock" songs end with.

Comment

• ELVIS
                            Banned
                            • Dec 2003

You must be psychic...

I like most of the album but 'Ice Cream Man 2' is disgraceful and 'If 6 was Nine' is even worse...

Comment

• DLR7884
                              ROCKSTAR

• Jan 2004

No shit, when I heard Dave was going to do a cover of "If 6 Was 9" I was really excited to hear it.

After I heard the little sound clip on the Magna Carta website I was puzzled as to why he would choose such a cool song to butcher the fuck out of.

DLR7884
                              C'mon Dave, give me a break!
                              Originally Posted by WARF:
                              DLR7884 - This guy is one bad ass sonafabitch... I've seen him destroy peoples posting careers in a single sentence.

Comment

• Golden AWe
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Jan 2004

Shoo-Bop sounds great live...that and few other songs would sound a lot better if they we're bonus tracks on a record that's mostly new tunes...a'la DLR Band...
                                Originally posted by Cato
                                Golden, why are you FAT?
                                Originally posted by lesfunk
                                Much like yourself as the Jim Morrison of Nazi bunker flies
                                http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u...TheDMCross.jpg

Comment

Working...