X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sadaist
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jul 2004

2006 Leno

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/vp6e321eOLs"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vp6e321eOLs" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>
    “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• sadaist
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Jul 2004

Sorry Pojo. I just saw that you have this up on another thread. Oh well. You can never have too much Roth.
      “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Jack68
        Commando
        • Sep 2004

Gotta hand it to him he looks great,sounded pretty damn good and it took huge balls to go up on stage and do that type of cover.This performence is definitely a good thing for him.
        "Avant Garde is French for bullshit.”

Comment

• Dave's PA Rental
          Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by sadaist
          Sorry Pojo. I just saw that you have this up on another thread. Oh well. You can never have too much Roth.
          It's in three threads...
          Maybe this is what a heroine addict feels like after getting a long awaited fix, shooting up in the corner of some abandoned building and just not giving a fuck about what the rest of the world thinks...TATTOO"

Comment

• DLRISVH7884
            Head Fluffer
            • Apr 2006

Originally posted by c5150b
            I know I'm gonna get you all wound up but here goes anyway....
            I can't believe we're SO hungry for Van Halen that we would defend this act of embarrassment. OMG He looked retarded..and that cheesy smile and the dancing LMAO...Looks like Hugh Hefner? Sorry not the same dude jumping of the Marshalls or drum riser! Also what's with the hair...granny hair? Come on Dave give it up....Movies...Vegas...Radio...now Bluegrass?
            Do you except Dave to look the same and be able to do the same things 20-25 years ago?, I believe Dave is in better shape now than he was 20 years ago.

Look at Spammy compared to 20 years ago, he has gotten fat, more retarded and just keeps getting up on the stage acting like an jack ass, Eddie has made 100% turn for the worst. He went from loveable guitar God to this washed up boozed/drugged lazy ass old man, that doesn't give a shit about anything about his booze and smokes.

I have to say Dave is doing pretty damn good first with the radio gig. which he got totally screwed out of, now he is making the rounds with the TV appearance permuting his album and tour. This might be the best year Dave has had for years.

Only thing that's keeping the VH reunion is Eddie's drunk lazy ass!

Comment

• DLRISVH7884
              Head Fluffer
              • Apr 2006

I think many fans hate Dave doing the Blue grass because they want to see him do rock and be the old Dave, which is why most people hated his last album.

Comment

• Dave's PA Rental
                Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

BTW...the Youtube clip has been viewed over 20,000 times in less than 24 hours...
                Maybe this is what a heroine addict feels like after getting a long awaited fix, shooting up in the corner of some abandoned building and just not giving a fuck about what the rest of the world thinks...TATTOO"

Comment

• c5150b
                  Roadie
                  • Jun 2004

Originally posted by DLRISVH7884
                  Do you except Dave to look the same and be able to do the same things 20-25 years ago?, I believe Dave is in better shape now than he was 20 years ago.

Look at Spammy compared to 20 years ago, he has gotten fat, more retarded and just keeps getting up on the stage acting like an jack ass, Eddie has made 100% turn for the worst. He went from loveable guitar God to this washed up boozed/drugged lazy ass old man, that doesn't give a shit about anything about his booze and smokes.

I have to say Dave is doing pretty damn good first with the radio gig. which he got totally screwed out of, now he is making the rounds with the TV appearance permuting his album and tour. This might be the best year Dave has had for years.

Only thing that's keeping the VH reunion is Eddie's drunk lazy ass!
                  You're exactly right he's in great shape but as I said before......looked like a tool! Don't get me wrong I'm gonna buy Dave's hot sauce when he's down to that notch on the career ladder...I love me some chicken wings!

Comment

• thome
                    ROTH ARMY ELITE
                    • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Dave's PA Rental
                    BTW...the Youtube clip has been viewed over 20,000 times in less than 24 hours...
                    I can't get the Q Time vids to play here at the Roth Army so I went to
                    www.youtube.com and typed in David Lee Roth in the search Video function
                    and there is a bajillion Roth vids even dudes doing roth tunes .

Crazy!

Thanks PA

Comment

• BALLYJUNKIE
                      Head Fluffer
                      • Nov 2004

listen up cvh fans ..... we fans that were there and saw cvh in thier prime 1978 -1985.... can say whatever we want about dave /cvh ,thier like a member of our family ,we can talk the smack if they do something we dont like .we are no fly-by night fans .last night good point was dave did sound good ,yes .but for some reason i expect a little more stage presence and the old dave ,sorry ,thats the way i like it .... bad points ... jump in bluegrass style was lame .im sure the summer tour will be a lot better than that performance ...... just because you love a band or artist doesnt mean you have to love everything they do ... i love cvh more than anyone ,so i hold them in high standard .but when dave or eddie make a fool of themselves (both have over the last 20 years ) im disappointed for them ... that includes things theyve done on and off stage .... i hope the future is a little brighter than last night .

Comment

• DlocRoth
                        ROCKSTAR

• Jan 2004

He was sellin a fuckin record....

He wanted focus on the band...

Pojo said it earlier..didn't you see Dave out there?

He wanted to jump out of his skin.
                        Fuck Scott Weiland. Fucking asshole. I get trashed all the time and still go to work. And my job sucks ass. -ODShowtime

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                          Roth Army Caesar
                          • Mar 2003

Originally posted by DlocRoth
                          He was sellin a fuckin record....

He wanted focus on the band...

Pojo said it earlier..didn't you see Dave out there?

He wanted to jump out of his skin.
                          It's the damn truth...

It was interesting watching Dave in hindsight...

he put himself in a small circle in the middle of all the musicians...

and you could tell that he wanted to do the Dave schtick...but nearly forced himself out of it...

and stepped aside on 2 different occasions to let the musicians take center stage (the same thing he did for all his guitarists in the past)...

it was a mature Dave...letting the focus be on the musicians (IE...the focus of the album), and the music...

not Roth...

an outstanding tribute to the music he created...
                          "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                            Roth Army Caesar
                            • Mar 2003

20,000 hits Rental...you have got to be shitting me...
                            "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• diamondsgirl
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Apr 2004

I have watched this a few times and it seems better each time

I was really focused on Dave the first time (or 6) and now just paying attention to these musicians, they are fantastic. And that in and of itself speak volumes about the respect Roth has earned in all genres of music.

I gotta say, I get a kick out of Dave playing the "air-banjo"
                              “Why do people say "grow some balls"? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding” ― Betty White

Comment

• DlocRoth
                                ROCKSTAR

• Jan 2004

He was bouncin on his toes...LOL

He was thinkin to himself...

"Would one roundhouse hurt?"

Fuck Scott Weiland. Fucking asshole. I get trashed all the time and still go to work. And my job sucks ass. -ODShowtime

Comment

Working...