Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Calderone
    Commando
    • Jan 2004

hey steve ....he really did I “I’ll get her—aa!”). ?????
    I DONT BELIEVE !
    ive never hear him do that !
    any audio !!!

Comment

• ritetoolforjob
      Banned
      • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Calderone
      Its a big ??? for me why he started to sing like that around that time
      he lost the high scream and added that "new octave" thing
      and he use it ever since,his voice turned a bit nasal
      but sometimes he can sing like the old times ! DONT PISS ME OFF its a good example,and i love his voice on STAY WHILE THE NIGHT IS YOUNG,maybe he need someone with taste on the voice,some coach to tell him what sounds good and what sounds bad
      what you think ?
      the best career move dave could ever make is to put out a new album with ted templeman producing. he got a great vocal out of dave time and time again and i'm sure woudln't be shy about telling dave to drop the old yeller routine.

Comment

• ritetoolforjob
        Banned
        • Mar 2005

Originally posted by BigE
        I agree that cd sucked, but right now he is doing a fucking great show so why not put out a dvd with the current line up. I believe the ship has sailed on Van Halen but this line up is the shit.
        i actually liked alot of yflm when it came out. i just hated most of the vocals. dlr band would have been awesome if they got ted templeman to produce it and work on the shitty singing.

Comment

• Calderone
          Commando
          • Jan 2004

Yes,Dave can sing like the old days...its just.....i donno
          if i ever met him.i would like to talk about this with him
          of course not in his diamond dave persona,ask the real dave to know the real answer

Comment

• steve
            Sniper
            • Feb 2004

No - Dave can't sing like the old days - no one at age 51 that has sung in open-throat straining style can - let alone DLR and his "throat-singing"

...which has a limited shelf life.

However, when he doesn't stay up all night and smoke all day, he can still sing pretty damn well from his chest and use what's left of his ability to overtone scream to sound pretty damn cool.

However, he'll never be able to do the throat singing again like on the end of "Easy Street" - that's gone.

Comment

• BigE
              Full On Cocktard
              • May 2004

The old days are never coming back, what about a dvd of the the current line up?
              Thats what I'm interested in. There is so much crap over the years with Eddie I don't ever care to see that line up agian. Alot lot of the appeal of the old line up was the carefree let the good times roll attitude. Once the Eddie and Alex killed that I don't think you can recreate that. If they got back together and tried to recreate that it would be fake, Alex hates Dave and I wouldn't want to see tham pretend. So lets deal with what Dave is now and I saw him last year 2 times and the show rocked, I'm interested in seeing that over and over again.

Comment

• Loons The Great

WELL WELL WELL...La'wd L'awd Law'd...Law'd hab mercy...Great Hoggily Woggily...Well,

...welcome to Tobacco Road, baby...

...we gots the pots on an' the gas up on high...we iz cookin'...we are sittin' here cookin'...

Comment

• ritetoolforjob
                  Banned
                  • Mar 2005

Re: WELL WELL WELL...La'wd L'awd Law'd...Law'd hab mercy...Great Hoggily Woggily...We

Originally posted by Loons The Great
                  ...welcome to Tobacco Road, baby...

...we gots the pots on an' the gas up on high...we iz cookin'...we are sittin' here cookin'...
                  why do you post here? you're just a big fuckin idiot. at least my pearls of wisdom make sense. do you need a friend?

Comment

• Loons The Great

Re: Re: WELL WELL WELL...La'wd L'awd Law'd...Law'd hab mercy...Great Hoggily Woggily...We

Originally posted by ritetoolforjob
                    why do you post here? you're just a big fuckin idiot. at least my pearls of wisdom make sense. do you need a friend?
                    Yo papa is yo cousin.

Comment

• MAX
                      Rotharmy Gladiator

DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Jan 2004

maybe because he can't sing.
                      What a piss poor existence you must have. Trolling a message board on a daily basis, totally obseesed with a lead singer you cannot stand.

No wonder you have no friends nor any form of a social life.
                      EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Comment

• MAX
                        Rotharmy Gladiator

DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Jan 2004

Re: Re: WELL WELL WELL...La'wd L'awd Law'd...Law'd hab mercy...Great Hoggily Woggily...We

No numbnuts, Loons has many friends and NOT the pretend ones (like the rubber ducky and anal vibrator) like yourself.

What's it like being a complete coward, eh?
                        EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Comment

• alexhay
                          Full On Cocktard
                          • Jun 2004

DLR live CD

Ok DLR fans, here's the deal, DLR is in negotiations to put out a 16 song live CD in the first qrt of 2007. He's already started recording the shows.
                          Please don't email me back for more info.

Comment

• diamondsgirl
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Apr 2004

Re: DLR live CD

Why has Dave never put out a live CD?

Nice thread.

I agree with a couple of things here.

Dave should definately put out a DVD rather than a CD...you gotta have the visual experience to fully enjoy the audio experience of a Roth show, IMO.
                            Most of what makes Dave such a great frontman and stellar entertainer are his antics and gestures on stage.

Also, I think Dave should hold off until he knows for sure about the reunion. If there is a reunion, a DVD with VH would sell A LOT better than a DVD with his current band.

If...or when...(??) Dave knows there is NO chance of getting on the road with the VHs, then he should put one out with this line up.

I agree that he needs to put something out there before he retires. I think he wants to make sure he does the right thing.

Whatever it is...I've been wanting some professional LIVE Roth for a long time, and I'll be happy when it finally comes along.
                            “Why do people say "grow some balls"? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding” ― Betty White

Comment

• diamondsgirl
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Apr 2004

Re: DLR live CD

Originally posted by alexhay
                              Ok DLR fans, here's the deal, DLR is in negotiations to put out a 16 song live CD in the first qrt of 2007. He's already started recording the shows.
                              Please don't email me back for more info.
                              why not a DVD???:confused:
                              “Why do people say "grow some balls"? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding” ― Betty White

Comment

• bantonelli
                                Crazy Ass Mofo
                                • Nov 2004

WOA!!! TOOL....you are so out of line with crapola comments about Loons-The-Great coming from your mouth......be careful.

Loons is THE GREAT and a very, very well respected ROTH ARMY Trooper.

Me Wise Magic...words of wisdom for the TOOL....

DON'T GO THERE.
                                "Meet us in the Future.....NOT the Pasture".......DLR, August '07, VH Press Conference - Tour '07-'08

Comment

Working...