X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DLR_EngineRoom
    Veteran
    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by General Hina
    Everyone on this site says: "Dave is Van Halen" or "There is no Van Halen without Dave"
    If that's true then tell me, where have all the Dave fans gone?
    They were around for "Eat'em And Smile" & "Skyscraper" and then what happened?
    Did they just stop listening to music all together or did they realize that DLR solo is not very good?
    Also, if Dave was VH then why did VH continue to prosper? Even VH III sold 500,000 copies which is way more than DLR's last 3 releases. And before you get all crazy, YES, I brought up #'s because that's how you prove the fans stayed with VH through thick and thin and bailed on Dave.
    So where have all the Dave fans gone?
    Try for once to answer honestly instead of something like: "We didn't go anywhere were right here fucker" Because an answer like that makes me think, "Great, DLR has 2000 fans when he used to have millions.

Take care,
    General Hina
    Roth fans are laughing. We're still here. Still kickin' a**. Read on...

Special Coffeecake
    Sammy Hagar decided it was time to shed some excess pounds. He took his new diet seriously, even changing his driving route to avoid his favorite bakery. One morning, however, he arrived at the 5150 studio carrying a gigantic coffeecake. The boys scolded him, but his smile remained cherubic.

"This is a very special coffeecake," he explained. "I accidentally drove by the bakery this morning and there in the window was a host of goodies. I felt this was no accident, so I prayed, 'Lord, if you want me to have one of those delicious coffeecakes, let me have a parking place directly in front of the bakery', and sure enough, on the eighth time around the block, there it was!"

Sammy Hagar's so fat, his belly button's got an echo.
    Sammy Hagar's so fat, he thought Barnum & Bailey were clothing designers.

Sammy Hagar's so fat, they had to change "One size fit's all" to "One size fits most"

Sammy Hagar's so fat, they had to paint a stripe down his back to see if he was walking or rolling.

Sammy Hagar's so fat, when he steps on a scale, it read "one at a time, please".

'Sammy Hagar's got more chins than a Hong Kong phonebook.

Sammy Hagar's so fat, McDonalds has to change their sign every time he eats.

Sammy Hagar's so fat, his legs are like spoiled milk - white and chunky!

Sammy Hagar's so fat, he has a part-time job as a trampoline!

Sammy Hagar's so fat, he has his own brand of jeans:
    FA - FatAss Jeans.

Sammy Hagar's so fat, he got his baby pictures taken by satellite.

Sammy Hagar's so fat, he shaves with a lawn mower

Sammy Hagar's so fat, he was zoned for commercial development.

Sammy Hagar's so fat, he went to the salad bar and pulled up a chair.

Sammy Hagar's so fat, he went to the beach and sold shade!

Sammy Hagar's so fat, he's works in the movies -- as the screen.

Sammy Hagar's so fat, when a cop saw him he said 'Hey you two break it up!'

Sammy Hagar's so fat, they invented super extra strength ultra SlimFast.

Sammy Hagar's so fat, when he lies on the beach no one else gets sun!

THAT'S THE FACT, JACK!

EAT THAT AND SMILE!
    http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t.../EddieDave.jpg
    http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t...ve_ed_2007.jpg
    http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t...os/TORCH_B.gif

Comment

• ZahZoo
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by MAX
      Ignore him Hec,

Just an old man who likes to annoy people and derives some sort of pleasure from doing so.

Time does sure fly bro!!!
      Geez for minute there I thought you were talking about me...

Hell you kids ain't old til you got a 16 year old in the house...
      "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• lms
        Head Fluffer
        • Apr 2004

I have a sixteen year old in the house... Dave probably does too...
        "Remember, life is just a game and no one gets out alive"

Comment

• General Hina
          Sniper
          • Feb 2004

Originally posted by DLR_EngineRoom
          Sammy Hagar's so fat,
          You're absolutely right.
          Sammy is the big fat lead singer of Van Halen.

Take care,
          General Hina

Comment

• smaz
            Commando
            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by DLR_EngineRoom
            Roth fans are laughing. We're still here. Still kickin' a**. Read on...

Special Coffeecake
            Sammy Hagar decided it was time to shed some excess pounds. He took his new diet seriously, even changing his driving route to avoid his favorite bakery. One morning, however, he arrived at the 5150 studio carrying a gigantic coffeecake. The boys scolded him, but his smile remained cherubic.

"This is a very special coffeecake," he explained. "I accidentally drove by the bakery this morning and there in the window was a host of goodies. I felt this was no accident, so I prayed, 'Lord, if you want me to have one of those delicious coffeecakes, let me have a parking place directly in front of the bakery', and sure enough, on the eighth time around the block, there it was!"

Sammy Hagar's so fat, his belly button's got an echo.
            Sammy Hagar's so fat, he thought Barnum & Bailey were clothing designers.

Sammy Hagar's so fat, they had to change "One size fit's all" to "One size fits most"

..etc

THAT'S THE FACT, JACK!

EAT THAT AND SMILE!
            LMAO!! There's plenty more jokes like that, don't get me started!
            Moving webhosts & will be making changes to the picture hosting - watch this space..

Comment

• General Hina
              Sniper
              • Feb 2004

Originally posted by thefive
              Come answer my question Sam fans and Hina. Before Sammy gets any fatter or before Eddie gets any more drunk.
              What is your question?

Curiously yours,
              General Hina

Comment

• Hollywood Jesus
                Head Fluffer
                • Mar 2004

I don't think that many Van Halen fans became and remained Van Hagar fans. Most of them were/are Journey fans.

Some true fans followed Dave. Some followed Eddie. Some gave up and started listening to Metallica, BulletBoys, Alice in Chains, Nickelback... Guess, honestly, I'm mostly in the last group with a bent towards the legendary frontman.

The commercial Eddie junk makes me sick and the oh-so-painfully not commercial DLR stuff isn't far behind. I've had ONE mesely decent CD (DLR Band) from any of the four original in the last 15 years or so.

But I'm patient. The Big Six albums and the fact that all four are still breathing and vertical always offers hope of something better.
                "Float like a butterfly. Sting like a B-52." - DLR=VH=
                "Rejoice in the wife of your youth. May her breasts satisfy you always." Proverbs 5:18-19.

Comment

• Terry
                  TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                  • Jan 2004

For all I know, the 500,000 people who bought Van Halen 3 were leftover Extreme fans.

Can't really say why Roth isn't selling a lot of records anymore. Sammy's solo career post VH hasn't moved that many more units, and VH3, even selling half a million, is a far cry from 10 million plus from 1984.

Possibly Roth not being on a major label for the DLR band, The Best and Diamond Dave had something to do with it. Not like Magna Carta is going to press a million copies of a DLR solo album and push it in the media.

Not gonna bother me if tons of people don't buy Dave's stuff, cause I don't need to be one of tens of millions who bought a record to validate what I dig, see?

Van Halen after Roth sold a decent amount of albums, but can you explain how they went from 10 million of 1984 sold to under 3 million for Balance, and why they sold a million + less of each new Van Hagar release than the previous one?

Probably has a lot to do with why virtually every rock band that was big in the 1980s isn't now in terms of record sales.
                  Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• smaz
                    Commando
                    • Mar 2004

I don't know where the Roth fans have gone, but I'll tell you where they're not going: to a Van Hagar show.
                    Moving webhosts & will be making changes to the picture hosting - watch this space..

Comment

• DLR_EngineRoom
                      Veteran
                      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by General Hina
                      You're absolutely right.
                      Sammy is the big fat lead singer of Van Halen.

Take care,
                      General Hina

Ahh...but zat iz verr you are veddy wrong, my poor uninformed General. Sammy Hagar entered a turn-key business, it was already setup and very successful before he joined. Therefore, he cannot be considered 'Lead' anything, much less a singer. And as for the 'singer', well.....heh heh.....even if you like Yoko Ono style vocals singin' looooooove songs, he still doesn't cut it.

Take your Tequila home, General.

Take Care,

The Engine Room

Comment

• lms
                        Head Fluffer
                        • Apr 2004

Okay, First: "Where have all the Dave fans gone?" Crazy probably. At least he finally put his site back up so we have that.

Next, I think I finally figured out your original question.."Why do Van Hagar fans like Spammy?" You must first understand that it is not that we like Sammy or that we do not like Dave. The majority of Van Halen/Van Hagar fans just like/liked Van Halen when David was with them, and felt no compelling reason why we should have to choose sides between Eddie and David. I do not dress like I did in the 70's, I do not act like I did in the 70's, and it is only reasonable that my taste in music has changed also.

IMPORTANT POINT>>>The music David produced after going solo was not the equilivant of or even of the same variety of what he produced with Van Halen, or vice versa. Neither was the 70's music the same as the 80's music within Van Halen itself.

I STILL think Dave is great-and I must say that is more because of what he did with Van Halen than since them. Not I love Dave BUT.... I love Dave. I also love Eddie, Alex and Michael. I have never met Sammy, but there are a few songs that he sings that are special to me. I am not sure that David was not involved with the creation of some of them. He hasn't sued over it...

The fact of the matter is that Van Halen still keeps David's memory alive-hence why everone is so pissed off because they play Dave era music with Spam. Dave fans are cursing Eddie for not producing more than one or two new songs instead of a whole new album, but do they realize that Dave would get nothing if his songs were not included on any new albums. Maybe they are doing him a favor.

And finally, if you visit Dave's site, you will see pictures of Van Halen. (True-not with Spam, But David did do a TOUR with Spam.) He wasn't afraid to make money off him or his Van Hagar image-so why should Eddie hesitate. I personally do not hold it against Van Hagar that Dave is not with them. I blame David. And it may be that he will be with them again shortly. We will see...

Do I have to resign my membership here now?

Comment

• DLR_EngineRoom
                          Veteran
                          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by lms
                          I personally do not hold it against Van Hagar that Dave is not with them. I blame David. And it may be that he will be with them again shortly. We will see...
                          Why blame Dave? Because he wasn't willing to bend for Ed at the snap of Al's fingers? That's exactly what Sam did for this so-called 'reunion'. Dave still has that youthful fire in his gut that made Van Halen exciting. That's his entire attitude. He never got old. His hair and voice may have aged, but both are back now. It's Ed & Al that let their attitude get old, and greedy! I won't say that Dave is perfect, but who the hell is?!

I appreciate your honesty, but there's absolutely no reason to blame Dave for not being with Van Halen now.

Defense rests, your honour.

No further questions.

Case dismissed.

Comment

• lms
                            Head Fluffer
                            • Apr 2004

Dave still has that youthful fire in his gut that made Van Halen exciting. That's his entire attitude.

Exactly why I say there is still hope. We will see.

Comment

• General Hina
                              Sniper
                              • Feb 2004

Originally posted by lms
                              Okay, First: "Where have all the Dave fans gone?" Crazy probably. At least he finally put his site back up so we have that.

Next, I think I finally figured out your original question.."Why do Van Hagar fans like Spammy?" You must first understand that it is not that we like Sammy or that we do not like Dave. The majority of Van Halen/Van Hagar fans just like/liked Van Halen when David was with them, and felt no compelling reason why we should have to choose sides between Eddie and David. I do not dress like I did in the 70's, I do not act like I did in the 70's, and it is only reasonable that my taste in music has changed also.

IMPORTANT POINT>>>The music David produced after going solo was not the equilivant of or even of the same variety of what he produced with Van Halen, or vice versa. Neither was the 70's music the same as the 80's music within Van Halen itself.

I STILL think Dave is great-and I must say that is more because of what he did with Van Halen than since them. Not I love Dave BUT.... I love Dave. I also love Eddie, Alex and Michael. I have never met Sammy, but there are a few songs that he sings that are special to me. I am not sure that David was not involved with the creation of some of them. He hasn't sued over it...

The fact of the matter is that Van Halen still keeps David's memory alive-hence why everone is so pissed off because they play Dave era music with Spam. Dave fans are cursing Eddie for not producing more than one or two new songs instead of a whole new album, but do they realize that Dave would get nothing if his songs were not included on any new albums. Maybe they are doing him a favor.

And finally, if you visit Dave's site, you will see pictures of Van Halen. (True-not with Spam, But David did do a TOUR with Spam.) He wasn't afraid to make money off him or his Van Hagar image-so why should Eddie hesitate. I personally do not hold it against Van Hagar that Dave is not with them. I blame David. And it may be that he will be with them again shortly. We will see...

Do I have to resign my membership here now?
                              That might just be the most honest post I have ever read on this site.
                              You should not resign but should in fact be promoted to General!!

Over and Out,
                              General Hina

Comment

• Big Troubles
                                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                                • Feb 2004

"And finally, if you visit Dave's site, you will see pictures of Van Halen. (True-not with Spam, But David did do a TOUR with Spam.) He wasn't afraid to make money off him or his Van Hagar image-so why should Eddie hesitate. I personally do not hold it against Van Hagar that Dave is not with them. I blame David. And it may be that he will be with them again shortly. We will see...

Do I have to resign my membership here now? "

Dave's site has pics of him and VH because it clearly states 25th anniversary. Why would he have sam and dave pics there?
                                and do you have to resign your membership? If you asking then the answer is yes. Yes you do. You are not a real fan of Roth, or you wouldn't question that shit. Dumb ass. Go flush yourself.
                                "FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKIN' BITCH! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ANYWAYS? TALK TO ME LIKE THAT? FUCK YOU. DRAG QUEEN LOOKIN' WHORE- YOU AINT SHIT. YOUR THE FRECKLE TO THE LEFT OF MY BROWN EYE. NOW GO MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL...OH, PUT DAD ON THE PHONE"

Comment

Working...