Very funny.

Thanks,
    General Hina

Comment

• General Hina
      Sniper
      • Feb 2004

Originally posted by DLR_EngineRoom
      DLR IS part of this reunion, it's a two-parter.

They're not saying anything b/c if they did, no one AT ALL would buy tickets for Van Hagar, they'd save their cash, like the rest of us rotharmy.com fans, for the true reunion that will take place.....VERY SHORTLY....
      You are a lying dick!!

Over and Out,
      General Hina

Comment

• lms
        Head Fluffer
        • Apr 2004

I think he is telling the truth.
        "Remember, life is just a game and no one gets out alive"

Comment

• lms
          Head Fluffer
          • Apr 2004

What is going on with Van Halen?
          Wednesday 05 May 2004 09:38 by David Miller
          With all kinds of rumors going around, do you know what they are up to? Eddie needs to show all these punk guitarists how to play?

Luke: I have sung background vocals on a few of their records. They asked again and I was more than happy to oblige. I was singing with Mike Anthony and ED on one song: Up for breakfast. The new stuff is awesome and it will be SO cool to hear REAL music on the radio again. Glenn Ballard did a great job on the production as well. VH is back!

This is taken from Steve Lukather's site stevelukather.net. Notice there is no mention of Sammy therein (of course Dave is not mentioned either but we all know what it means when someone says Van Halen is back.)

Comment

• Terry
            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
            • Jan 2004

All Ed and Co need to do is get back with Roth, put out some new material worthy of the first 6 Van Halen albums, and the fans will come back. Enough to give Halen a sizeable following beyond die-hard Eddie and Hagar fans.

A Roth and Hagar co-headlining tour with Van Halen isn't needed to clear the decks, or have the Van Halen and Van Hagar fan bases come together in harmony. The only version of Halen that matters, the classic one, is what will bring Van Halen's career to a satisfying conclusion. Not a couple of Glen Ballard produced power ballads and faux-rock tracks, smacked onto a greatest hits collection.

About the only thing preventing this from happening is nearly two decades of denial, petty guttersniping, wounded pride and ego. And those same non-muscial factors are continuing to chip away at the one thing the members of Van halen don't have a lot of anymore: time to waste.
            Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• smaz
              Commando
              • Mar 2004

The band and Dave do have their disputes, but they should be mature enough by now to build a bridge and get over them. Bitterness gets you no-where, and getting Sam back is gonna get them no-where either. I'm sure if they all had a sober talk with each other they might come to their senses and realise that a reunion with Dave would make a hell of a lot of people happy, and them a hell of a lot of money and fame.

The VH bros should stop being selfish and stop doing things for themselves and do something for something more important - the fans. Without them, Van Halen wouldn't be who they are.
              Moving webhosts & will be making changes to the picture hosting - watch this space..

Comment

• lms
                Head Fluffer
                • Apr 2004

Not that any DLR fans would go to Van Halen's web site...but if you did, you would notice there is an e-greeting card down in the right hand corner. Listen carefully to the Hello Baby.... also, if you pay attention you can clearly see Eddie Alex and I think Michael through the little video, but you catch a brief glimpse of sammy and then although you can see the "frontman" it is not plain who it is. check it out.

Comment

• dave_is_vh
                  Sniper
                  • Apr 2004

Originally posted by DLR_EngineRoom
                  DLR IS part of this reunion, it's a two-parter.

They're not saying anything b/c if they did, no one AT ALL would buy tickets for Van Hagar, they'd save their cash, like the rest of us rotharmy.com fans, for the true reunion that will take place.....VERY SHORTLY....
                  I agree with this theory. It is all about maximizing cash flow. Ed figured he could get some cash out of the suckers that like Fagar before doing a real reunion. The real Van Halen will get back together within two years of the end of the scam tour.
                  "Bumper sticker on my rocket's ass: go home, the earth is full." DLR

Comment

• PanamaDave
                    Roth Army Recruit
                    • May 2004

Man, it would be awesome if it were the original line up, but like Axl's "Chinese Democracy", believe it when you see it. I will continue to hope for such a kick ass comeback though. Too, Dave did kick Eddie's ass, so that maybe a reason behind alot of it.

Comment

• DLR_EngineRoom
                      Veteran
                      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by General Hina
                      You are a lying dick!!

Over and Out,
                      General Hina
                      awwww c'mon, General Geriatric! It's no lie, I can ASSURE you.
                      Truth hurts Hagarita fans like you, awww I know...poor baby....suck!

Nobody asked you to believe the truth. You wanna continue to believe that Spam Halen's the best thing since moldy bread?

You're overrated, and the worst part is, you think people on this site give a damn about you.

Over Rated,

THE ENGINEROOM
                      http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t.../EddieDave.jpg
                      http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t...ve_ed_2007.jpg
                      http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t...os/TORCH_B.gif

Comment

• DLR_EngineRoom
                        Veteran
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by dave_is_vh
                        I agree with this theory. It is all about maximizing cash flow. Ed figured he could get some cash out of the suckers that like Fagar before doing a real reunion. The real Van Halen will get back together within two years of the end of the scam tour.
                        EXACTLY.....oh and BTW, wish I could say it's my opinion. Apparently, I was the laughing stock of a few people I met up with in the music industry this past weekend....I was the only one that 'hoped' and 'thought' that this 'might' be a reality....it's not...it'll happen sooner than later.....save your cash, everybody will want some!

Comment

• Tony Soprano

Originally posted by Terry
                          All Ed and Co need to do is get back with Roth, put out some new material worthy of the first 6 Van Halen albums, and the fans will come back. Enough to give Halen a sizeable following beyond die-hard Eddie and Hagar fans.

A Roth and Hagar co-headlining tour with Van Halen isn't needed to clear the decks, or have the Van Halen and Van Hagar fan bases come together in harmony. The only version of Halen that matters, the classic one, is what will bring Van Halen's career to a satisfying conclusion. Not a couple of Glen Ballard produced power ballads and faux-rock tracks, smacked onto a greatest hits collection.

About the only thing preventing this from happening is nearly two decades of denial, petty guttersniping, wounded pride and ego. And those same non-muscial factors are continuing to chip away at the one thing the members of Van halen don't have a lot of anymore: time to waste.
                          Time is certainly running out for the real reunion to happen.

Comment

• smaz
                            Commando
                            • Mar 2004

If the real reunion was to happen though, IMO it wouldn't last too long because they've left it too long. Also if they do it straight off the Van Hagar tour, then people will realise that Ed and co are doing it for the money and fame than the fans, the music and everything classic VH was about. Dave would do it for the classic VH part, as he is the only decent member left out of the band now I think.

Saying that though, I do think that the shows they do would be great and the music outstanding, but I just think it's been to long and things are different now.
                            Moving webhosts & will be making changes to the picture hosting - watch this space..

Comment

• Terry
                              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                              • Jan 2004

Am buying none of this "The summer Van Hagar tour is part one of a two-part tour, the second part being Halen fronted by Roth". Am only gonna believe Roth is back with Halen when it's confirmed by the members of the classic lineup.
                              Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• DLR_EngineRoom
                                Veteran
                                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by cwsmith17
                                There will be no Classic Van Halen reunion. It kills my to think it, but it is the truth. If Ed wanted Dave...........he would be on this tour. Did you assholes ever think of that?????
                                This entire tour has been pre-decided. Van Hagar is only the first half. I was the laughing stock of some music heads this past weekend because I asked them what they thought of the 'rumour' that Roth was rejoining VH after this tour. They confirmed that Van Hagar is only 1 half of the iceberg and asked me if I was living under a rock.

In the immortal words of another Classic VH wannabe band Whitelion: Wait.....

Comment

Working...