• Jul 2004

Originally posted by PlexiBrown
    Warner Brothers did?
    VH put out a press release.

Comment

• PlexiBrown
      Commando
      • Mar 2006

Perhaps it's better then if Eddie, Alex, Wolf and Dave record a new full length studio album, put it out on an independent label (or create their own), get realistic about the money, and tour as the new line-up. Would not be quite as big as a CVH reunion, but then again if the new material is as good as we're being led to believe, and you have Dave back, then.........
      The big question then would be if Wolfgang can sing the background VH vocals or actually if he can sing at all. The Guy claims to have been at 5150. Maybe he can shed some light on Wolfgang's vocal ability.
      And God heard the voice of the lad. Then the angel of God called to Hagar out of heaven, and said to her, “What ails you, Hagar? Genesis 21:17

Comment

• TheArchitect
        Groupie
        • Oct 2006

Originally posted by Halen High
        Pressure from WB and promoters to go out with the original four members. Yes, they just announced Wolf as the new bass player, but Mike's inclusion, at least on the tour, would be seen as the icing on the cake for those being asked to back this.

And I'd disagree that Mike holds all the cards. If they had to, VH could do this without him.
        Not for the money they'd want they couldn't

Comment

• PlexiBrown
          Commando
          • Mar 2006

VH put out a press release.
          Well, the official site, as laim as it is....is still the official site and there is no press release there and as far as the official site goes they still have a band picture with Hagar and Mikey in it. If VH had a press release about this don't you think it would be on their official website? If this press release is official it would be on the official website or else why bother even saying anything at all?
          Last edited by PlexiBrown; 11-24-2006, 09:24 PM.
          And God heard the voice of the lad. Then the angel of God called to Hagar out of heaven, and said to her, “What ails you, Hagar? Genesis 21:17

Comment

• PlexiBrown
            Commando
            • Mar 2006

Take it from someone who has been to 5150 and heard what they are doing, its going to be great.
            Then how are Wolfgang's vocals? Can he handle the classic VH background vocals? Can he play bass and sing at the same time?

Comment

• VH LINKS SUCKS
              Foot Soldier
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by The Guy
              I am here people.
              I said awhile back about their being some news regarding the reunion with Dave before Thanksgiving. Ed's girlfriend/publicist confirmed that Wolfie is now in the band and that they are rehearsing for a 2007 tour.
              Is that not news?

I know how frustrated alot of you are, I am too. Things are going strong with Dave's return, nothing has changed there at all. They just want to make sure all continues to be cool and then make the annuncement and not jump into anything too fast like they did ten years ago. Its going to happen in all liklihood people, the train is on the tracks and the wheels are turning.
              From what I was told just a couple days ago, the summer tour is going to be huge. Possibly multiple acts if it comes together as planned.

I understand your frustrations, and I share some of them. Take it from someone who has been to 5150 and heard what they are doing, its going to be great. There are some surprises instore for the fans.
              How do you figure the tour is going to be HUGE?

Without Michael Anthony involved (and if Dave is eventually confirmed) the only thing that's going to be HUGE is disappointment because it won't be a REAL REUINION like they probably plan on announcing!

If they don’t call it a reunion and continue forward with Dave in the band and wolfgang, it’ll be VH IIII and how long will that last?

Comment

• Halen High
                Commando
                • Jul 2004

Originally posted by TheArchitect
                Not for the money they'd want they couldn't
                That's right. Without the 'CVH Reunion' tag on this they would have to take a pay cut.

But Sammy being out of the picture, and the return of Dave, will please a LOT of people. Those old head bangers who dropped off VH when Sammy jumped on, and subsequently ruined them, will come out in their droves to see Eddie and Dave back together. And don't discount the interest in Old School VH amongst the younger generation who like classic rock. They know VH was coolest with Dave.

However, if it's gonna be just Wolf and no Mike then they MUST do a full length new studio album, 2-3 videos, and it must all be killer to help compensate for 'no Mike'.

Comment

• DooMer87
                  Full On Cocktard
                  • Nov 2006

Hopefully this MB guy can sing as good as MA. Maybe MC Hammer will be the bass player.

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
                    Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

I am here people.
                    I said awhile back about their being some news regarding the reunion with Dave before Thanksgiving. Ed's girlfriend/publicist confirmed that Wolfie is now in the band and that they are rehearsing for a 2007 tour.
                    Is that not news?

I know how frustrated alot of you are, I am too. Things are going strong with Dave's return, nothing has changed there at all. They just want to make sure all continues to be cool and then make the annuncement and not jump into anything too fast like they did ten years ago. Its going to happen in all liklihood people, the train is on the tracks and the wheels are turning.
                    From what I was told just a couple days ago, the summer tour is going to be huge. Possibly multiple acts if it comes together as planned.

I understand your frustrations, and I share some of them. Take it from someone who has been to 5150 and heard what they are doing, its going to be great. There are some surprises instore for the fans.
                    I still believe they CAN'T do a big money tour without Mike.

What do think about that, Guy?

Oh and if ya see Dave at the studio, tell him THE ARMY said 'hi'.

I have some specific questions:

Have you SEEN Dave and the Van Halens rehearsing at 5150??

Because you seem very sure that Dave is there (he probably is, his last tour stop was Nov. 7th).
                    =V V=
                    ole No.1 The finest
                    EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• NathanRay
                      Head Fluffer
                      • Feb 2004

The Guy, What Do you do deliver Alcohol and cigarette cartons to 5150?? And you claim that a Cranky Drunken Delisional Tumor Ridden EVH is gonna be Magnificent? Didn't EvH say he didn't want to die like his dad did an alchoholic at age 50? So he figures WTF he'll take his kid on tour to make up for the fact he's gonna end up the same? Dude you're sure your at 5150??? What's YOur purpose?? YOur so busy to answer all these questions but what do you do for a living?? Are you Friends with wolfie?? Does he have any friends that would drop dime? Let us know.
                      "It's just not an option for me to go and watch some other band — who are only performing because they have some new record coming out — do our music," Roth said. "I have nothing against Velvet Revolver — I'm not familiar with their music — but that was my 3 minutes and 22 seconds up there."
                      Roth Keeps it REEEEAL

Originally posted by Antman
                      Fuck Alex Van Halen. That mongoloid Mr. Spock looking mother fucker.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                        SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Vinnie Velvet
                        I still believe they CAN'T do a big money tour without Mike.

(((((Hitting nail on head)))))

Comment

• PlexiBrown
                          Commando
                          • Mar 2006

If the guy is for real, and he has heard the material at 5150, then he should be able to shed some light on Wolfgang's vocal ability.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                            SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Fear not. He's not for real...

Comment

• rustoffa
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Jan 2004

I am here people.
                              Next caller?

Comment

• TheArchitect
                                Groupie
                                • Oct 2006

Originally posted by Halen High
                                That's right. Without the 'CVH Reunion' tag on this they would have to take a pay cut.

But Sammy being out of the picture, and the return of Dave, will please a LOT of people. Those old head bangers who dropped off VH when Sammy jumped on, and subsequently ruined them, will come out in their droves to see Eddie and Dave back together. And don't discount the interest in Old School VH amongst the younger generation who like classic rock. They know VH was coolest with Dave.

However, if it's gonna be just Wolf and no Mike then they MUST do a full length new studio album, 2-3 videos, and it must all be killer to help compensate for 'no Mike'.
                                Irrelevant really. As I said before, once the spotlight turns on, Ed becomes Ed and Roth becomes Roth. Assuming they make it to a concert, Roth won't be as forgiving of a drunk bum who can't play songs let alone draws on himself with a magic marker, does fucked up shit with his hair, or god forbid the lemon wedge shit

Comment

Working...