• Show
Clear All
  • Vinnie Velvet
    Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Originally posted by TheArchitect
    Really? Did I miss something?
    No. Its no hoax.

There is 'something' going down between Dave and the Van Halens.

The Hall of Fame ballot all but confirms this.

Dave's last show of his tour was Nov. 7th.

Since then, all has been quiet from DLR.
    =V V=
    ole No.1 The finest
    EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• Irving Azoff
      Full On Cocktard
      • Nov 2006

Any previously unreleased material that is included on a new release would then have to credit Michael Anthony as he'd played on it and surely has backround vocals on it as well. He then has his "finger in the pie" so-to-speak. As it sounds, Mike is out and Wolfie is in. If they are cutting Michael Anthony out, I doubt if they would release anything with him receiving any credit/royalties.

Therefore, I don't see a scenario with anything involving Michael Anthony at all.

I lean more towards seeing a release with DLR on vocals with Wolfie on bass. A full length studio album released in the spring followed by a short, summertime only tour (Wolfie is out of school in July & August).

Comment

• PlexiBrown
        Commando
        • Mar 2006

I lean more towards seeing a release with DLR on vocals with Wolfie on bass. A full length studio album released in the spring followed by a short, summertime only tour (Wolfie is out of school in July & August).
        If they are set on using Wolfie then they should keep Mike in the band until Wolf grauates from school. Pretty cool for Wolfie though when he goes back to school in the fall. "what did you do this summer Wolfgang?"........."not much. I joined Van Halen as their new bassist and toured with them with David Lee Roth as the singer".
        And God heard the voice of the lad. Then the angel of God called to Hagar out of heaven, and said to her, “What ails you, Hagar? Genesis 21:17

Comment

• Irving Azoff
          Full On Cocktard
          • Nov 2006

Yeah, kind of makes everyone else's summer vacation diminutive, no?

Comment

• Jimmy Jingles
            Veteran
            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Irving Azoff
            Wolfie is out of school in July & August.

No...I think Fat Camp runs all summer.
            23. That's the number of people Mr. T has pitied in the time it has taken you to read this sentence.

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
              Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Originally posted by Jimmy Jingles
              No...I think Fat Camp runs all summer.
              Hey, ya never know. Maybe Dave has got Wolf on a exercise, fitness regiment already.

=V V=
              ole No.1 The finest
              EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• DooMer87
                Full On Cocktard
                • Nov 2006

Hey, maybe Ed could just hire a tutor for Wolfenstein. That's a way to get around it, while touring the world.

Sorry if off-topic, but would you buy a new GH album featuring Diamond, a live album from the 1984 tour, a new album of all-new material, or a box set?

Comment

• Irving Azoff
                  Full On Cocktard
                  • Nov 2006

Telephone conversation inside the 5150 studio

Valerie: So Wolfie, are you having fun with the boys?

WVH: Yeah mom, it's great. Dad's working with us with some things he's put together. It's sounds great. Today Uncle Alex showed me how to drag on a cigarette when you put the hot part in your mouth. Dave's been working with me on something he calls the grid system and I think Dad is getting a cold because he keeps asking me to go down to the pharmacy and get him more Sudafed.

Valerie: Put your father on the phone! NOW!

Comment

• PlexiBrown
                    Commando
                    • Mar 2006

This thread is dying a slow death. Put it out of it's misery.
                    And God heard the voice of the lad. Then the angel of God called to Hagar out of heaven, and said to her, “What ails you, Hagar? Genesis 21:17

Comment

• The Guy
                      Banned
                      • Sep 2006

A quick update and I'm off to bed after a very long night.

Full steam ahead.
                      Its looking great and I am pretty jazzed.
                      I had my own doubts with Wolfie, but the kid is for real people.

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
                        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Irving Azoff
                        Telephone conversation inside the 5150 studio

Valerie: So Wolfie, are you having fun with the boys?

WVH: Yeah mom, it's great. Dad's working with us with some things he's put together. It's sounds great. Today Uncle Alex showed me how to drag on a cigarette when you put the hot part in your mouth. Dave's been working with me on something he calls the grid system and I think Dad is getting a cold because he keeps asking me to go down to the pharmacy and get him more Sudafed.

Valerie: Put your father on the phone! NOW!

I can see this happening
                        Roth Army Icon
                        First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• TheArchitect
                          Groupie
                          • Oct 2006

Originally posted by The Guy

Full steam ahead.
                          Do you have any actual news to report or just vague commentary? At this point no one is really believing any of it and vague cheerleading is not building any confidence. Your just digging the hole deeper now. You've said wait you came to say. If its legit, wait for the announcement and be the conquering hero.

At this point I'm not sure I care anymore. To be generous they have been pissing up a rope for 8 years or over 20 if your not so generous. Ed's work has been questionable to say the least for the last 10. He better bring a lot more than he has been or the only announcement he should be making is "I retire" He talks a good game but hasn't backed it up for a VERY longtime and I don't think he can. He's done.
                          Last edited by TheArchitect; 12-02-2006, 12:35 PM.

Comment

• bantonelli
                            Crazy Ass Mofo
                            • Nov 2004

TO THE GUY:

Do you and the VH camp realize that only 1/2 the fan base will show up?

Yes, I'm one of the ones who will show up, but tell me.....does the Management and Promoters read the crap that CVH Fans are voicing loud and clear about their disappointment in Bassplayer's absence?

If the Management is not reading or if you are legit, you should be informing them that they will not be able to fill Staples Center in LA and other huge arenas if they don't include Bassplayer....to many fans, it ain't a REUNION.

SOLUTION: For the CVH Fans....Mgmt. needs to Get Bassplayer in there and simply introduce Wolfie as an addition to the future lineup.

I've read where you say ED has legit reasons for not having Bassplayer in the band at this point....give us the true "Hot Sauce" about WHY? if you are a person truly in the "KNOW"

I'm telling YOU.....the build up is on the verge of a breakdown

TICKETS SALES MIGHT PLUMMET instead of RISE....Tell that to the MANAGEMENT.

REUNION = ORIGINAL PASADENA BAND: EVH, AVH, MA & ROTH
                            "Meet us in the Future.....NOT the Pasture".......DLR, August '07, VH Press Conference - Tour '07-'08

Comment

• PlexiBrown
                              Commando
                              • Mar 2006

I've read where you say ED has legit reasons for not having Bassplayer in the band at this point....give us the true "Hot Sauce" about WHY? if you are a person truly in the "KNOW"
                              Exactly.

Comment

• VH LINKS SUCKS
                                Foot Soldier
                                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by The Guy

Full steam ahead.
                                Matt, he's NOT Mike and like someone else mentioned, if VH IIII doesn't mind playing to even smaller crowds then 2004, go for it.

If they really want closure, release music with Wolfie on the bass but get MIKE to tour, simple as that!

Comment

Working...