X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ctiger2
    Roth Army Recruit
    • Aug 2004

Originally posted by TheArchitect
    You really think they won't be nominated when they are eligible? Van Hagar had a number chart hits. Roth era had 1.
    The only issue I see is that hindsight is 20/20. The Roth Era Van Halen is timeless. The Van Hagar era is forgettable. When someone says these days "Let's listen to some Van Halen" guaranteed it's going to be something from the first 6 LP's. No doubt!

Comment

• pflo
      Banned
      • Nov 2006

I could be wrong here, but doesnt the RRHOF only induct ACTIVE bands?

Comment

• bueno bob
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Vinnie Velvet
        Sorry things didn't work out for ya Bob.

Maybe you can hook up with Warrent or Poison?

I was thinking along the lines of Winger or something...

Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• bueno bob
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Jul 2004

Originally posted by pflo
          I could be wrong here, but doesnt the RRHOF only induct ACTIVE bands?
          Elvis was inducted in 1986 as one of the first inductees...

So I'd say that's a no...
          Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• bueno bob
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Jul 2004

Specific requirements are:

Currently, groups or individuals are qualified for induction 25 years after the release of their first record. Nominees should have demonstrable influence and significance within the history of rock and roll. Four categories are recognized: Performers, Non-Performers, Early Influences, and since 2000, Sidemen.
            Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• bueno bob
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Jul 2004

Getting right down to the nitty gritty of it...

The Ronettes are being sadly overshadowed by REM and Van Halen...

And that pisses me off a bit...not rock per se, but just about every damn female pop/rock artist after Ronnie Spector borrowed a bit from her...
              Last edited by bueno bob; 01-06-2007, 06:59 AM.
              Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• TheArchitect
                Groupie
                • Oct 2006

Originally posted by ctiger2
                The only issue I see is that hindsight is 20/20. The Roth Era Van Halen is timeless. The Van Hagar era is forgettable. When someone says these days "Let's listen to some Van Halen" guaranteed it's going to be something from the first 6 LP's. No doubt!
                Hindsight is 20/20. This board's hindsight is not, There is more than a little bias here.

AS for which album gets put on, I think the millions of people who bought Hagar era albums would beg to differ. Whether you agree with them or not, the Hall doesn't have the bias and 20 years of infighting coloring their view. all they see is millions sold with Roth, Millions sold with Hagar plus a little better chart success. As for influence, The Hagar era happened in the height of the MTV era when they still showed videos. Ya think maybe they reached a person or two through those videos? Like it or not, Hagar is in. End of discussion.

Comment

• Matt White
                  • Jun 2004

Hindsight is 20/20. This board's hindsight is not, There is more than a little bias here.

AS for which album gets put on, I think the millions of people who bought Hagar era albums would beg to differ. Whether you agree with them or not, the Hall doesn't have the bias and 20 years of infighting coloring their view. all they see is millions sold with Roth, Millions sold with Hagar plus a little better chart success. As for influence, The Hagar era happened in the height of the MTV era when they still showed videos. Ya think maybe they reached a person or two through those videos? Like it or not, Hagar is in. End of discussion.
                  Dio sold millions of records for BLACK SABBATH....he was NOT at the RRHOF ceremony.

DAVID LEE ROTH & CLASSIC VAN HALEN were the Guns 'N' ROSES of the late 70's-early 80's...They had NO peers...
                  They set the stage for the 80's...they KILLED disco & Punk & New Wave for millions of kids across the States & Canada.....

DAVID LEE ROTH will be there......

Spammy will be shilling for his swill...out in the parking lot
                  Last edited by Matt White; 01-06-2007, 10:18 AM.

Comment

• ctiger2
                    Roth Army Recruit
                    • Aug 2004

Van Hagar was popular at the time of it's initial release. I never hear Van Hagar on the radio anymore, it's always Roth era stuff. Ya know... the good stuff.

Comment

• ZahZoo
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by bueno bob
                      Getting right down to the nitty gritty of it...

The Ronettes are being sadly overshadowed by REM and Van Halen...

And that pisses me off a bit...not rock per se, but just about every damn female pop/rock artist after Ronnie Spector borrowed a bit from her...
                      Hmmm I'd have figured you'd be pissed for getting turned down for the bass gig for the mighty Van Halen... snubbed and rubbed out in favor of some 15 year old brat. Rejection sucks...

oh well Happy Birthday Senor Bob!!
                      "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• TheArchitect
                        Groupie
                        • Oct 2006

Originally posted by ctiger2
                        Van Hagar was popular at the time of it's initial release. I never hear Van Hagar on the radio anymore, it's always Roth era stuff. Ya know... the good stuff.
                        The Hagar stuff is played all the time around here. "Summer Nights" was playing on my way home this AM.

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
                          Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Van Hagar was a product OF ITS TIME.

Van HALEN is TIMELESS.

That's the difference.
                          =V V=
                          ole No.1 The finest
                          EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• Mad_Mike
                            Groupie
                            • Jan 2005

The Hagar stuff is played all the time around here. "Summer Nights" was playing on my way home this AM.
                            No Van Hagar songs on the radio here. Always Dave era! And that's justice!
                            Honey, don't stick your tongue at me unless you plan to use it...

Comment

• Matt White
                              • Jun 2004

Van Hagar gets "played all the time".......

In bathhouses..................

Comment

• Jimmy Jingles
                                Veteran
                                • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Matt White
                                Van Hagar gets "played all the time".......

In bathhouses..................

I can hear it now...

Why Can't This Be Love,,,
                                23. That's the number of people Mr. T has pitied in the time it has taken you to read this sentence.

Comment

Working...