X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • binnie
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • May 2006

Originally posted by bueno bob
    Tell ya this much, if The Guy was really that deeply connected, he'd have actually gotten me that audition with Eddie, and the Roth Army forums would be a LOT less split about the reunion now.

After all, c'mon...ALL of you mother fuckers really wanted me playing bass for this.

You know you did.

Hell Yeah, Bob on stage with a "No Hagar" T-shirt and a Sheep Pen customized bass!
    The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• svrwthr
      Head Fluffer
      • Oct 2006

The worries in the words
      (sorry if old, been playing to many online games and getting caught up now)

Eddie, Wolfgang and drummer Alex Van Halen have been regularly rehearsing without Roth, and they're working up songs for a new album. Eddie says that Michael Anthony is no longer in the group because of his decision to tour with Hagar as the Other Half. "Anthony and Hagar started their own band," says Eddie. "You can't be in two bands." Maybe that is why Dave ripped his 07 tour dates off his site months ago

The Van Halen brothers say they've been inspired by Wolfgang's youth and energy -- and that he's changed the sound of the band. This isnt going to be to classic VH. "Wait until you hear this kid play," says Eddie. "I pick him up from school every day and we jam. We've got a shredding bass player now that's laying down the law for Alex, so I get to weave in and out." Alex says the situation reminds him of the days when he and Eddie would jam with their dad, a jazz musician, when they were kids. "Our father would look at us and say, 'As long as you guys can hold your own, there is no age difference,' " says Alex.

Adds Alex, "Whoever the singer is, they'll be surrounded by Van Halens." Daves getting fucked again and is clueless about it. He is just happy to be back I guess but my God Dave, dont be a n Anna Nicole Smith and be so clueless.

Want a smoky flavored pizza? Buy a tombstone and a pizzazz pizza cooker and take plastic off but forget about the paper cover and then cook.
      http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...thr2/Roll1.gif

Comment

• PT5150
        Full On Cocktard
        • Nov 2006

A new" INSIDER" from vhlinks....(DohertyElliot)

It's pretty easy to determine that I'm a friend of one of the band members. Take it or leave it.

Spain ain't as far away as it used to be and did I confirm that I'm here full time?

Regardless, I mean no harm to anyone on this site; I simply like the 'community' for the most part but did I mention the rampant negativity? Yeah, the MA story is messy and doesn't have the 'storybook' ending many of us had hoped for. That's beyond our control so maybe it's healthy to put it behind us and consider the current model of Van Halen?

I wouldn't jump to conclusions that this upcoming tour is the end of the road for the 'sigh' latest incarnation of the band.

Well...the kid has won the respect of DLR to be sure. And the kid is a HUGE fan of DLR which makes for an interesting paradigm at this particular juncture in the band's history. You need to see these guys play together and rib each other...Any bit of tense-ness or unfamiliarity gets blown out by WFH -it's pretty damn cool when you see DLR, EVH, his kid and the uncle actually laughin and rippin' it up - both CVH and newVH.

There is a hole there though. They all know it and it goes without saying. They've tried things up to now to fill that hole; they may have hit on the right formula to fill it in...I'm not sure yet. Back up singers ain't nothin' new among their peers...it's well documented. Will those singers be in on every song? Hell no. But will some or one of them be required for portions of songs? Hell yeah. Will DLR be the guy managing this scenario and determining where they'll be located on stage and whether or not they'll be lit? -- Yup.

Status

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Too many PM questions to answer. Here's what I know RIGHT NOW. :

1. 3-5 tracks from 2000 are ready or could be re-recorded to alliviate legal issues.

2. 6 new tracks from late '06 - early '07 are basically 'tracked'. Effects and additional vocals pending.

3. Tour will grow to 75 dates pending approval of V.B.

4. MA will be allowed at least 3 cameo's during California dates

5. Back up singers will factor in the tour

6. Morale is strong - fresh ideas from outside producer have sparked creativity from EVH

7. Album following tour already discussed // not resolved yet. Classic era Box pending final sign off of Edward for holiday release - new music could be also tacked on.

Hey now, my user name has nothing to do with American Idol and everything to do with a band you may not know but should know. Some of their cover versions were much better than the originals...but I digress.

I see the contention here about MA and it always seems to be bubbling to the surface. I'm sorry but this is what I've heard; that's all. I don't know his reaction or response or whether or not that issue has even been presented yet.

The new tracks (or actually circa 2000) were held off this upcoming release and will either form a portion of Van Halen's next release of new material and/or may be included on a planned end of this year classic era box set and DVD.

The situation is fluid and complicated by the emergence of new music which is currently 'homeless'; hence the discussions now ongoing on a potential new album either to be released during the final leg of the upcoming tour or in late November.

Correct, entirely driven by Rhino.

You need to understand that I'm able to relay a percentage of what I hear or what I've been told. All my posts here are based on things currently in discussion, things that have been previously discussed or things definitively 'actioned' on -- with a caveat on the fluid and volatile background this group of people have been known to operate under or on.

Hey Squalin, thanks for that post. Things with this band are pretty complicated and have been since 1995 as I'm sure you know. Short of me telling you my name - which is pretty pointless - as I'm not someone publically known or would be known to pretty much anyone on this website; I don't see the need to 'validate' who I am. What I've done is PM'd two or three Moderators - told 'em who I am or what my connection is and that's that really. They have nothing else to go on other than my word and I'm not sure that's good enough for you. I like the discourse I'm getting with lots of folks though on here be it through posts or private messages...I've got some time on my hands of late...not disputing that at all. Am I here to torment and tease fans of a band that have been through lots of shit already? Definitely not.

That caveat I threw out is necessary I'm afraid. Plans change, minds change, relationships change, what really doesn't change though is at least a record or accounting for of what's been 'kicked' around or alluded to in conversations I've had. I'm sorry I can't be any more specific than that.

I may have gone too far already and I don't want to jeopardise the vibe that exists currently... Take it or leave it. But, I do give you my word even though you don't know me.

You know, I thought this website would be the best 'venue' for discussions like this; it certainly is a known entity out there and it would seem logical to continue as specifically as currently possible -- all the while being very conscious of lines in the sand that really shouldn't be Ventured Beyond.

It's simply a record company 'cash in'. You will see better and more 'exciting' releases near the end of this summer.

Comment

• The Guy
          Banned
          • Sep 2006

That Elliott Doherty hasn't one clue.
          Mike has not been asked to play any shows, the only thing that I can say he is right on about is some new music. I am still told that there will something new.

Comment

• Mad_Mike
            Groupie
            • Jan 2005

Originally posted by The Guy
            I am still told that there will something new.
            New album or the 78-84 box with 2 or 3 new stuff?
            Honey, don't stick your tongue at me unless you plan to use it...

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
              Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Originally posted by The Guy
              That Elliott Doherty hasn't one clue.
              Mike has not been asked to play any shows, the only thing that I can say he is right on about is some new music. I am still told that there will something new.
              Anything is possible I guess.

:p
              =V V=
              ole No.1 The finest
              EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• Venom Thrust
                Full On Cocktard
                • Dec 2006

Oh God ! here we go again!
                Smilies

Comment

• Venom Thrust
                  Full On Cocktard
                  • Dec 2006

Before anyone asks....this compilation will feature no new material and I'm sticking to my long held position that there is still no new material with David Lee Roth planned at all.

That from Andrew at Melodicrock.com 2 weeks ago.
                  Smilies

Comment

• Matt White
                    • Jun 2004

And in other news....BIGFOOT made an apperance at a local Mall in

Frostbite Falls MN......he's going on the raod with Foghat for a reunion tour..................pictures at 11

Comment

• Loons The Great

Sasquatch--The 'D'

There were some scientists.
                      Trying to figure out the Sasquatch riddle,
                      Then they figured out it was a missing link.

In search of Sasquatch,
                      that was a kick-ass In Search Of
                      with Leonard Nimoy
                      kickin' out the jams...ha!

He captured imagination,
                      Of people all around the globe.

His name was Sasquatch, so I'm told.

His legend's ancient
                      in the ancient scribe of the indian tribe.
                      Apache tribe.

Scientists have proven that the Sasquatch, he is real.
                      Take a look at the plaster cast of his foot, now you know he's real.
                      Listen real close to the audio tape, not human no you know he's real.
                      Couldn't be a man in gorilla suit, no fuckin' way.
                      No, you know he's real.
                      Real, real, real real, real, real, really real, real.

--Interrupted by J.B. & K.G. talking to Sasquatch--

Sasquatch,
                      We know your legend's real.
                      Sasquatch,
                      We know your love is real.
                      Sasquatch,
                      You and Tenacious D, are...real.

Comment

• perticelli
                        Groupie
                        • Mar 2004

"That Elliott Doherty hasn't one clue.
                        Mike has not been asked to play any shows, the only thing that I can say he is right on about is some new music. I am still told that there will something new."..the Guy

Can u confirm or deny, 100% either way that rick rubin has or hasnt done anything on this project, even w/ Dave, even though its not officially publicized or anything has been signed for rubin?

thx
                        Radio without the Rules

Comment

• Rikk
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Jan 2004

Rick Rubin is recording the new Metallica album next month. He is not doing anything with Van Halen.

My source, The Fag, told me this.
                          Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
                          Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• VindictivePantz
                            Full On Cocktard
                            • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Rikk
                            Rick Rubin is recording the new Metallica album next month. He is not doing anything with Van Halen.

My source, The Fag, told me this.
                            What's Glenn Ballard up to these days?
                            http://img285.imageshack.us/img285/7557/bnwevhvp3zf.jpg

Comment

• Rikk
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by VindictivePantz
                              What's Glenn Ballard up to these days?
                              He's recording a new album with Grace Slick called I'M REALLY UGLY THESE DAYS.

Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
                              Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• VindictivePantz
                                Full On Cocktard
                                • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Rikk
                                He's recording a new album with Grace Slick called I'M REALLY UGLY THESE DAYS.

Moo-Moos FTW
                                http://img285.imageshack.us/img285/7557/bnwevhvp3zf.jpg

Comment

Working...