Let's Trace it Back -- When Did Ed First Appear To Be Seriously Mentally Ill?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nitro Express
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

Originally posted by MAPRamone
    Yep. The difference is that 50+ year old brain and body can take a lot less alcoholic punisments than 20+ year old ones can. He's had bad habits all his life, but only in the last few years have they caught up with him.
    No shit. If I tried to even remotely party on the scale I did when I was 18 I would be saying hello to St. Peter or the Devil in Hell.
    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by DrMaddVibe
      The 1st sign???

Prolly was when he and his brother were photographed wearing dresses way back as kids.

It only got worse when at the age of 12 he started smoking and drinking Schlitz Malt Liquor tallboys!

"Resting @ Bellvue" was the telling sign that Dave knew he was crazy.

I will say this though. of all the creative people I've ever known...they've all been off 1/2 a bubble. Creative forces in their perspective art, but just a couple cans short of a six-pack.

Call Dave Ed. Make it right. You're just wasting time. Make the good music again.
      Yup. Dave said in his book, the rock and roll artform was like someone tilted a map of the world and everyone loose and unscrewed fell into the business.

Comment

• Nitro Express
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

Ed just reminds me of my grandmother. She was pretty much normal until she got old and turned into this nasty, crazy bitch nobody could stand. The family passed grandmother around house to house because nobody could handle her anymore. The retirement home kicked her out. The lady we all used to love had turned into a nightmare and when she finally died, we all had tears in our eyes but they were tears of joy because she had become such a pain in the ass.

Comment

• ELVIS
          Banned
          • Dec 2003

~Ha!~

Comment

• rustoffa
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Jan 2004

Here?

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nBykF1IwHns"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nBykF1IwHns" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Comment

• monkeythe
              Foot Soldier
              • Apr 2004

I would say that the mental imbalance started to show up when he shaved his head one day because of the stress he was under before the release of Balance. I think that might have been his cry for help.

Comment

• Polk High
                Sniper
                • Jan 2004

I'd say I had my concerns for him the late 90's but they were cemented shut when I heard him say he got cancer from keeping a metal pick in his mouth and not the 4 packs of smokes he has a day.

Unfortunately I think the man will be gone from this world in 3 years or less. I don't think he could handle a reunion, it'd be too much partying he would go off the deep end.
                We're gonna leave you smokin like the slow guy in Chernobyl

Comment

Working...