X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Panamark
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by FORD
    Unfortunately the precedents are inconsistent. As I mentioned before, the Original Black Sabbath was inducted, but no later members. While on the other hand, Fleetwood Mac's induction included both the Peter Green and Buckingham/Nicks eras, but not the 2 or three other short lived lineups in the middle, nor the ill fated late 80's lineup after Lindsey and Stevie left.

And the Stones apparently insisted that Mick Taylor and Ronnie Wood be included when the original proposal was for only their original lineup.

Unfortunately that gives Tequila Boy a 50/50 chance
    Correct me if Im wrong, but were they not eligible in 2004 ??
    Dave was not in the picture then.

Or do you think they were waiting for Dave, regardless of Sammy's
    status in the band ? That would make sense.

Perhaps they should just show some background pictures of Gary
    Cherone and to a lesser extent Sammy.... (Going in the order of damage done to the band) With some brief polite comments..

Then spotlight back to the original band on stage !!
    BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
    Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• diamondsgirl
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Apr 2004

I would love it if a fight broke out.

Thats totally Van Halen...
      “Why do people say "grow some balls"? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding” ― Betty White

Comment

• DLRdelight!
        Veteran
        • Jul 2004

finally!

Comment

• Revan
          Head Fluffer
          • Sep 2006

With the exception of R.E.M., the rest of the proposed induction material looks somewhat anti-climatic; seems like Van Halen's a shoe-in, for the most part, at least based on the roster of nominated inductees.
          http://photos.meetup.com/photos/memb...er_220996.jpeg

Originally posted by Steve Savicki
          Gentlemen,

If a thread called "the sheep pen" has the longest post count to date, I say that's work of a true genius!
          Originally posted by thome
          I used to run headlong into a oak tree down at the local park .Really slam my skull into it, you know with FEELING.The local kids used to stand around and watch and smoke doobies good time was had by all. Anyway the city cut the tree down so my bitch is.....What was the question?

Comment

• 4moreyears
            Commando
            • Oct 2004

Originally posted by WARF
            My question is will Gary Cherone get inducted as well??? LMAO!
            I wondered about that also. How aweful would that be if when VH went up they gave them 3 songs and we had to listen to one of the VH III classics like "Without you", "Josephine" or god forbid "How Many Say I".

Comment

• Mr. Vengeance
              Full Member Status

• Nov 2004

Look, I figure somehow Spammy will be included and that will throw a giant steel rod in the spokes, which IMO is exactly what Ed wants. That way there can be no VH reunion and he can blame Dave again.

Jesus...remember when the Yardbirds were inducted? There were more band members on stage than you see in most orchestras....
              Stay Frosty, muthas!

Comment

• svrwthr
                Head Fluffer
                • Oct 2006

Originally posted by Unchainme

My question is...When the Fuck are KISS, and Rush going to be put in?
                Rush Hall of Fame Petition

Kiss Hall of Fame Petition

Both bands should already be in. Well atleast Kiss. Kiss has been alot of bands idol band. Rush should have gone in with or just before VH. They all deserve to be in.

As for VH. Only Van Halen with Dave should be inducted this year. With mention of Sammy. You do not see anything but a mention of Ronnie James Dio singing for Black Sabbath and no other mention of any other singer that sang for Black Sabbath when they were inducted. Black Sabbath was inducted under Geezer Butler, Tony Iommi, Ozzy Osbourne and Bill Ward. Although I think Dio did an awesome job during his stint in Sabbath, Ozzy was the original and the one that made the band. Same should be done for Van Halen. Dave, Michael, Ed, Alex only. With only a mention of Gary and Sammy.

My God, Sammy will have a heart attack. Only way he will enter anytime soon, is through VH.
                http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...thr2/Roll1.gif

Comment

• knuckleboner
                  Crazy Ass Mofo
                  • Jan 2004

cherone would never show to an induction ceremony.

hagar DEFINITELY would. good. let 'em each have a song.

crowd goes wild to see original line up play for the first time in 2 decades that it doesn't matter what they play, sammy can't follow that. he'll have to go first. and get some decent reaction for "dreams," or "when it's love," or whatever power ballad they play.

and then gets blown out of the water by dave...

Comment

• diamondD
                    Veteran
                    • Jan 2004

Sammy should definitely only go in with Montrose. That's the only time he ever did anything influential.
                    Meet us in the future, not the pasture

Comment

• Terry
                      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                      • Jan 2004

Well, unfortunate that Ed chose to keep the Van Halen name after Roth left, and Sam was a member of a group that bore the name Van Halen, so I suppose Sam would be included in the induction although I'd just as soon he weren't.

Even if Sam is shut out, you know he'll make some half-assed attempt at a Rothism, like "well, I figured I'd let Dave have the night, because he's washed up anyway" blah blah blah.

Think in some respects it's gonna be more interesting if Sam shows up and Dave doesn't, or, better yet, if the Van Halens show up alone. I'd rather see another debacle at this point than what is rumored to be happening or in the process of getting ready to happen: an Anthonyless CVH reunion that solely flogs the oldies with no new material. What an uninspired way for CVH to end things.

Half the fun of Roth getting back with the band, or even attempting to, has been knowing the train wreck could derail the proceedings at any given moment. Fuck, those guys blew a SURE FUCKING THING in 1996, and have been fucking up ever since. It's like, from 1978 to 1984, CVH could do no wrong, but since the first attempt in 1996 they seemingly can't do the one thing they have LEFT to do right: reunite, make some new music, go on a sellout tour and end it all to applause and a shitload of money. The masochistic side of me half hopesthey fuck it all up again in an interesting way THIS time around, because I'm almost at the point where I don't know how to react if they DO get it right.
                      Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

Working...