Who deserves to be inducted into the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame as "Van Halen"??

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • VanHalener
    ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Rock & Roll Hall of Fame

The next time I go to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame will be when Van Halen is inducted as Mike, Alex, Eddie & Dave.
    ~Only you can prevent low volume~

Comment

• Ilovejimmypage
      Roth Army Recruit
      • Nov 2006

The original and proper line up of course! DAvid Lee Roth is just the best!

Comment

• KG-EVH
        Full On Cocktard
        • Nov 2006

Van Halen is:

Eddie Van Halen
        David Lee Roth
        Sammy Hagar
        Alex Van Halen
        Michael Anthony
        Gary Cherone

All of them should be present when inducted into the RRHOF. Each member contributed to the success of the band including Sammy and Gary. Without Sammy and Gary, I would have missed out on an additional twenty-one years of listening to Eddie Van Halen. EVH will always be the most important member of the band, contrary to many opnions on this site. Dave left the band to be an actor. Now go ahead and misquote and slander my opinion. I see that alot on this site.
        RANGERS-1994

Comment

• Redballjets88
          Full Member Status

• Mar 2005

the way the hall works sammy wouldnt be able to join as a part of van halen til 25 years after he joined van halen, so i van halen got inducted tomorrow then dave would be in but not sammy. and dont hold hope for cherone bc he has awhile to go
          R.I.P Van Halen 1978-1984

hopefully God will ressurect you

"i wont be messing with you in future.the fearsome redballjets88 for fear of you owning me some more" Axl S

" I liked Sammy Hagar " FORD

Comment

• VanHalener
            ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

javascript:smilie('')

Can KG have a tissue Mr Moderator?

Comment

• EVHcanKISSmyASS
              Roth Army Recruit
              • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Redballjets88
              the way the hall works sammy wouldnt be able to join as a part of van halen til 25 years after he joined van halen, so i van halen got inducted tomorrow then dave would be in but not sammy. and dont hold hope for cherone bc he has awhile to go
              I THINK BEYOND THAT, THEY WOULD HAVE TO RENOMINATE THAT VERSION OF THE BAND, WHICH DOESN'T HAPPEN. USUALLY ONLY ONE VERSION OF ANY BAND GETS NOMINATED ANYWAY.

FOR EXAMPLE, JEFFERSON AIRPLANE GOT INDUCTED.

BUT DO YOU THINK THEY'LL GET JEFFERSON STARSHIP WITH ALL THAT SCHMALTZY 80'S BULLSHIT IN? I THINK NOT.

Comment

• Figs
                Crazy Ass Mofo
                • Jun 2004

the way the hall works sammy wouldnt be able to join as a part of van halen til 25 years after he joined van halen
                Are you sure about that? AC/DC is listed with Brian Johnson in 2003 on the rockhall website, Back in Black came out in 1980....did they induct Johnson in 2005?

Comment

• leatherpants
                  Roth Army Recruit
                  • May 2005

When have you ever heard of a band getting "re-inducted" down the road to include subsequent members? I don't think that's how it works. From what I've heard, a band is eligible for nomination after 25 yeers of the release of their 1st album regardless of changes in band member line up. It's up to the voting board whether or not to include subsequent members in said nomination. Sam and/or Gary will either be included in this induction (if it happens), or not at all. Pretty sure there won't be any "redo's" later once 5150 and III reach the 25 year mark.

Hell I doubt some of these guys will even be alive when III hits it's 25th anniversary in 2023!

Comment

• Redballjets88
                    Full Member Status

• Mar 2005

im just saying what the people on VH1 said
                    R.I.P Van Halen 1978-1984

hopefully God will ressurect you

"i wont be messing with you in future.the fearsome redballjets88 for fear of you owning me some more" Axl S

" I liked Sammy Hagar " FORD

Comment

• VanHalener
                      ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by svrwthr

But in all seriousness, is the RNR Hall Of Fame at all credible in this day and age? Does anyone still care?
                      ."
                      Is the RNR Hall of Fame credible? I've been on the fence with that question since the day I walked in the Hall of Fame and saw Britney Spears' concert wear on display. WTF. Since when has the Hosed Beast been a part of Rock and Roll?

Comment

• skullywag
                        Roth Army Recruit
                        • Sep 2004

No, the rock n roll hall of fame is not "credible". Seeing how you have to have been in the biz 20 yrs to qualify......it's just a way to say "You used to be something". Just ad revenue for the networks, nothing more. Remember Jethro Tull receiving a Grammy award for "Best Metal Record" over Metallica? Point proven.

The silliness aside.....if any REAL award were to be given to Van Halen.....both Sammy and Dave would have to be included. At least Sammy can still hit the high notes. Dave is excercising his shot vocals "Strummin with the Devil".

Any sales generated from a Roth VH tour will be generated strcictly for "nostalga's sake". Let's face it. The 80's are gone.....and so is Roths immense talent.

Comment

• cabo anejo
                          Full On Cocktard
                          • Dec 2006

red rocker

sammy's always been the singer of vh dave's always talked his way through a tour behind eds music look at there solo careers .better yet look at when they toured togeather no contest sam i am

Comment

• FORD
                            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Re: red rocker

Originally posted by cabo anejo
                            hi. im anothir dumbfuk faget illiturat shepe.
                            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Dan
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by cabo anejo
                              sammy's always been the singer of vh dave's always talked his way through a tour behind eds music look at there solo careers .better yet look at when they toured togeather no contest sam i am
                              Nice one Sheep.
                              First Roth Army Kiwi To See Van Halen Live 6/16/2012 Phoenix Arizona.

Comment

• MAX
                                Rotharmy Gladiator

DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Jan 2004

Look, it doesn't take a "rocket surgeon" to figure this induction out in regards to Van Halen.

It might also help shed a light on yet another reason as to why Micheal Anthony's being excluded.

I truly believe that the HOF has ALWAYS wanted to pay their due respect to VAN HALEN. It's that band who's legacy and contributions to RnR history should be enshrined and forever remembered. Not the version that happened post 1985.

Again, I find it all to be a seemingly weird coincidence that Van Halen is FINALLY getting it's due and it's all happening with the speculation or hopes of Roth's pending return.

Same applies to 2000 when Warner Brothers remastered ONLY the six pack when doing Van Halen's catalogue. I know that sheep will baaaa a completely different and delusional explanation but we all know the truth.

That's also why Anthony's no longer welcome on this project, or it plays a part in some way. It's cos the bassplayer is linked with Hagar. Now, NOBODY wants that tension when celebrating VAN HALEN!!!

It truly IS about Dave that night. It's that era and that band that people wanna pay homage to and not the steaming pile of cheddar that followed.

Get it?
                                EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Comment

Working...