X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DavidLeeNatra
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jan 2004

the ultimate REUNION-POLL!!!

place your bets...and let us see who was a dumbass and who was smart in a few weeks...
    a:4:{i:4801;a:5:{s:12:"polloptionid";i:4801;s:6:"nodeid";s:5:"38582";s:5:"title";s:73:"I'm a BELIEVER and holding my breath! DAVE, Ed, Alexis and bass player...";s:5:"votes";i:10;s:6:"voters";a:10:{i:0;s:3:"149";i:1;s:5:"19018";i:2;s:5:"20165";i:3;s:4:"3084";i:4;s:3:"938";i:5;s:4:"3797";i:6;s:3:"246";i:7;s:5:"13583";i:8;s:4:"9728";i:9;s:4:"6381";}}i:4802;a:5:{s:12:"polloptionid";i:4802;s:6:"nodeid";s:5:"38582";s:5:"title";s:49:"Bass player is out! DAVE, Ed, Alexis and Wolfgang";s:5:"votes";i:10;s:6:"voters";a:10:{i:0;s:4:"1201";i:1;s:5:"20983";i:2;s:5:"12968";i:3;s:2:"89";i:4;s:4:"5298";i:5;s:5:"11436";i:6;s:5:"21505";i:7;s:5:"21972";i:8;s:4:"1534";i:9;s:5:"17856";}}i:4803;a:5:{s:12:"polloptionid";i:4803;s:6:"nodeid";s:5:"38582";s:5:"title";s:71:"A happy family tour! Join Ed, Alexis and Wolfgang in a Club near you...";s:5:"votes";i:2;s:6:"voters";a:2:{i:0;s:5:"15158";i:1;s:5:"21894";}}i:4804;a:5:{s:12:"polloptionid";i:4804;s:6:"nodeid";s:5:"38582";s:5:"title";s:101:"Another "screw the fans"-episode of the VH-soap opera...we'll never see them on stage together again!";s:5:"votes";i:22;s:6:"voters";a:22:{i:0;s:2:"41";i:1;s:4:"6584";i:2;s:4:"7499";i:3;s:4:"8292";i:4;s:4:"6053";i:5;s:3:"181";i:6;s:5:"21901";i:7;s:5:"21663";i:8;s:3:"334";i:9;s:5:"14963";i:10;s:4:"4350";i:11;s:4:"7379";i:12;s:3:"614";i:13;s:2:"14";i:14;s:5:"21910";i:15;s:5:"22056";i:16;s:5:"17686";i:17;s:4:"3446";i:18;s:4:"1337";i:19;s:5:"21799";i:20;s:4:"3078";i:21;s:5:"20443";}}}
    0%
    Roth Army Icon
    First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)
  • DavidLeeNatra
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jan 2004

and I piss on the parade and say they fuck it up again...
    Roth Army Icon

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Jan 2004

and don't post what you WANT but what you expect to happen in 2007...
      Roth Army Icon

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Jan 2004

hey...you cowards...not only vote...say what you think...so everybody can kick your ass if you're not right...
        Roth Army Icon

Comment

• Pasadena Bunnie
          Head Fluffer
          • Jul 2006

Okay, I've put my name and reputation on the line, having voted for the 2nd most popular scenario, which is Dave going for the ride with Ed, Al, and Spanky.

I kinda hope I'm not right, but if Dave sees dollar signs waiving at him, I think the bus will take off with him in it!

Wonder what the odd makers in Vegas think?

Comment

• Bob_R
            Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

It'll be the original Van Halen.
            Talk Classic Rock - The Official Message Board For Classic Rock -- Now on XenForo!

Comment

• Terry
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Jan 2004

I'll gladly eat a shit sandwich on these boards if ALL FOUR classic Van Halen members actually reunite AND make it as far as the first few tour dates.

Far as doing the EASIEST fucking thing in the world (getting back together, playing the oldies and picking up a fat paycheck for their troubles), I wouldn't put these guys in charge of a hot dog cart. Yeah, yeah, Dave is probably the least blameworthy out of all of them, but that matters little when it's the RESULT that counts.

About the only thing I see happening is them MAYBE getting back together and trying to rehearse for the thing, and within a week they'll all realize "Oh, yeah, that's right...we don't like each other" and that'll be that.
              Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                • Jan 2004

twenty years of being fucked as a CVH fan put some doubts in our faith, I guess
                Roth Army Icon

Comment

• binnie
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • May 2006

Call me naive, but I think it's gonna happen...
                  The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
                    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by binnie
                    Call me naive, but I think it's gonna happen...
                    I admire your optimism...
                    Roth Army Icon

Comment

• Wawazat
                      ROCKSTAR

• Jul 2005

option #4

We all like the opera huh
                      Day-dreaming's gone commercial

Comment

• binnie
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • May 2006

Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra
                        Well, I always try and look on the upside....
                        The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• m_dixon1984
                          Foot Soldier
                          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra
                          I desire his naivete. (insert missing accent thingy on last e, optionally an umlaut on the i as well).

My jaded opinion remains: I'll believe it when I see it. And by "it" I mean the actual concert itself, a ticket just won't do. I need to see them on stage, with Mike or Wolfie Van Hoagie - either will do, and Dave of course, blasting out Romeo Delight in front of a full house. Until then it's all just rumour and speculation.

As to what rumour will be confirmed true first...a tour announcement...Diamond David Lee Roth And The Van Halens (or Van Halen featuring Diamond David Lee Roth)...I hope Dave trades Mike for his name on the marquee. He might as well get something for sacrificing a true CVH reunion.

M
                          http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n...rip10_full.jpg

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
                            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                            • Jan 2004

true dat...I believe it when I see it...but I don't believe we get to see anything...
                            Roth Army Icon

Comment

• Seshmeister
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I've seen better Reunion polls.

I just don't think this is the Ultimate one.

Let's look at the definition of the word from www.dictionary.com.

Top Web Results for "ultimate"

–adjective 1. last; furthest or farthest; ending a process or series: the ultimate point in a journey; the ultimate style in hats.

Clearly this poll is not
                              2. maximum; decisive; conclusive: the ultimate authority; the ultimate weapon.

This poll certainly won't be decisive or conclusive

3. highest; not subsidiary: ultimate goal in life.

Responding to this poll os not the ultimate goal in anyones life. Not even Steve Savicki's

4. basic; fundamental; representing a limit beyond which further progress, as in investigation or analysis, is impossible: the ultimate particle; ultimate principles.

There will be further reunion polls unimpeded by the existence of this one

5. final; total: the ultimate consequences; the ultimate cost of a project.

Clearly this poll is not the last one. We've had hundreds already

6. not to be improved upon or surpassed; greatest; unsurpassed: the ultimate vacation spot; the ultimate stupidity. Now we are getting somewhere

–noun 7. the final point; final result.
                              8. a fundamental fact or principle.

Clearly this poll is not

9. the best, greatest, or most extreme of its kind.

What's so good about it?

Cheers!

Comment

Working...