X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nitro Express
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Plexi Head
    Have to agree with ya, unfortunately. The tapping shit is just plain boring and he really did just go through the motions and tap all the same old patterns, I know he basically invented that shit but move on. The first 6 records were always anticiapted because you knew Ed was going to introduce some mind blowing new vocabulary to the guitar. He was such a good rhythm player, I would have prefered just to hear him riff away than wammy dive bombs and the same old stuff.

The tone was good though, better than that 6L6 shit sound he has had for years. I dunno, fuck it.
    The naive in me is still waiting for the next Fair Warning. Maybe when I die and go to heaven that will happen along with having Jennifer Aniston riding on my cock while listening to it.
    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by pflo
      He was reffering to my post....pay attention.
      Kind of hard when I'm full of Martini and Rossi and Gordon's Gin.
      No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Matt White
        • Jun 2004

If this guy ever wakes up out of his coma......it could be interesting

Maybe he should get hooked up with the same people who helped Peter Green:p

Comment

• NathanRay
          Head Fluffer
          • Feb 2004

Drunk or missing tounge? May'be he ain't used to the new Choppers? You faggots are just jealous 'cause ole EvH can still kick your ass on guitar. I bet all you ******s would be mumblin' if all your peers instantly turned into a bunch of screamin' creamin' Japanese School Girls when you hit the stage. He ain't DLR. I think he redeamed himself for the 2003 Namm debacle. Sounds Good to go...
          "It's just not an option for me to go and watch some other band — who are only performing because they have some new record coming out — do our music," Roth said. "I have nothing against Velvet Revolver — I'm not familiar with their music — but that was my 3 minutes and 22 seconds up there."
          Roth Keeps it REEEEAL

Originally posted by Antman
          Fuck Alex Van Halen. That mongoloid Mr. Spock looking mother fucker.

Comment

• h100
            Roth Army Recruit
            • Jan 2007

the man's back
            new guitar
            new amp
            new teeth
            died his hair

his amp sounds pretty good, way better then 2004
            that guitar sounds great as it should for 25,000 dollars

Comment

• MUSICMANN
              Sniper
              • Apr 2004

Oh my fuckin god, some of you people here. Ed's not in concert, he's not trying to show off some new toons or solo's or any of that crap. He's was there to show off the guitar and how good of a tone it has and how it is a dead on replica of the origional.

Some of you are so critical, it's almost to the point of just plain out being jackassed. He doesn't look drunk or anything like that. And to be honest, the guy i believe really doesn't like fucking talking into a mic.

Who really wants him to anyway. All i want to see is him playing with the other 3 origional guys around him. The stuff he is doing in the vid, is just the stuff he is comfortable doing, thats all. Fucking guy can't even go to a NAMM show, without some idiots wanting him to do everything, like he is performing a concert.

As far as his looks and shit, he's a fucking old guy now, who cares. He can still play. Just tonight, i was channel surfing and caught some shit, with frampton, that fucker is old too, but he still can play a mean guitar. All i'm saying, is take the video for what it was, Ed at a show, showing off the fender guitar, nothing more or less.

Comment

• light 'em up!
                Foot Soldier
                • Mar 2004

Originally posted by MUSICMANN
                He doesn't look drunk or anything like that.
                He looks toxic, tired, and disoriented. It's painful to watch. I prefer to remember Ed the way he was in 1978-79... there was nobody cooler on Earth.

Comment

• pflo
                  Banned
                  • Nov 2006

Originally posted by light 'em up!
                  He looks toxic, tired, and disoriented. It's painful to watch. I prefer to remember Ed the way he was in 1978-79... there was nobody cooler on Earth.
                  You also remember a guy with a guitar in his hand. Show me a vid of Ed doing a VOCAL presentation from 78-79..........again...JESUS CHRIST!! Light em up, Im starting to think youre a bit of a goof.
                  Last edited by pflo; 01-22-2007, 02:35 AM.

Comment

• pflo
                    Banned
                    • Nov 2006

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Nitro Express
                    Kind of hard when I'm full of Martini and Rossi and Gordon's Gin. [/QUOTE Ahh yes , the martinis.......but thats so 2004.

Comment

• hideyoursheep
                      ROTH ARMY ELITE
                      • Jan 2007

Originally posted by pflo

As far as musical thievery, he never denied it, and thats pretty commendable. Zeppelin did it a lot. And even Edward himself - VH 2 owes a MAJOR debt to Billy Gibbons. "Push Comes to Shove", play that next to the Stones' "Miss You". "Panama" and AC DC's "Dog Eat Dog". "House of Pain" and the riff to "Stone Cold Crazy". The list goes on..... even the greats nick the riffs.
                      I guess you could make a small comparison w/"pain" and "stone cold cazy" having somewhat similar notes for half a measure,beyond that-it's a different animal.I'm talking about an entire SONG (minus the 2 note chorus).It slaps you right in the nose how obvious it is.Maybe why Grohel sat in on drums with 'em after Kurt died?Who knows..
                      Most call it "grunge",I called it repackaged punk.
                      Anybody still got a copy of the "Starfleet Project"?

Comment

• hideyoursheep
                        ROTH ARMY ELITE
                        • Jan 2007

Originally posted by Blackflag
                        And stop beating off with your amp settings. Nobody is listening.
                        I'm listening.....in fact, I'm ripping him off for ideas right now....

Comment

• pflo
                          Banned
                          • Nov 2006

[QUOTE]Originally posted by hideyoursheep
                          I guess you could make a small comparison w/"pain" and "stone cold cazy" having somewhat similar notes for half a measure,beyond that-it's a different animal.I'm talking about an entire SONG (minus the 2 note chorus).It slaps you right in the nose how obvious it is.Maybe why Grohel sat in on drums with 'em after Kurt died?Who knows..
                          [/QUOTE Thats something I caught that no one else has, to my knowledge, the riff to stone cold is very similar to house of pain.WTF do you mean about Grohl "sat in on drums" Are you as drunk as me or what? ANYWAYS kurt paid them for that ripoff, which I always thought was a Black Sabbath song ripoff ,the one wher eOzzy sings through a leslie or oscillator. fuck it.First or second album.same chords.

Comment

• hideyoursheep
                            ROTH ARMY ELITE
                            • Jan 2007

Originally posted by light 'em up!
                            I dont think he's drunk here.I seen him do the Stern show about 10 years ago and he was the same way.Not only is part of his tounge gone,but it sounds like half of his wind is too.It's like he's got ADD/OCD-throw an axe around his neck and he mellows out.

But that BS about him ever being sober WAS bs. A big part of that process is letting go of grudges-WE ALL know that never happened.

Comment

• BrownSound1
                              ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                              • Mar 2003

I thought Ed looked well in this video..not so old looking as before. Good for him. The slurring...I've got to think that is because he's missing half a tongue. I mean, I don't think it is alcohol because in the old days he was always drunk off his rocker and didn't slur.

The playing...standard EVH fare. Just dicking around to showcase the guitar and amp a bit. I certainly wouldn't judge anyone on something like this. I know he can still play, regardless of what some people believe.

The guitar...I guess he figured he could make some dough off of his design and paint job. Nothing wrong with that in my eyes. There were certainly a lot of guitars based off of that one pickup, whammy, and volume control thing. Don't think I'd ever buy one of these replicas, but more power to 'em.

The amp...Sounded decent for sure, but I don't know if I'd say Classic VH just yet. Hard to tell how it really sounds with the quality of these videos. Can't be any worse than what he WAS playing. Fender has certainly put a classic guitar amp or two on the market, so they know what they're doing.

Comment

• hideyoursheep
                                ROTH ARMY ELITE
                                • Jan 2007

[QUOTE]Originally posted by pflo
                                Originally posted by hideyoursheep
                                [/QUOTE Thats something I caught that no one else has, to my knowledge, the riff to stone cold is very similar to house of pain.WTF do you mean about Grohl "sat in on drums" Are you as drunk as me or what? ANYWAYS kurt paid them for that ripoff, which I always thought was a Black Sabbath song ripoff ,the one wher eOzzy sings through a leslie or oscillator. fuck it.First or second album.same chords.
                                No, not planet caravan if that's what you mean.No, Im not drunk...Dave Groel played drums on KJs album after all that shit went down and curt was dead.What were they paid?Rumor has it Nirvana lost the court battle but KC was gone b4 it was settled-now Groel and Co. have to fight Courtney all the time.You do know what song I'm talkin' bout, right? PM me-WE're way off the Ed topic.

Comment

Working...