X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • binnie
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • May 2006

Originally posted by Rikk
    It will NOT be bigger than KISS in '96. No way.

That tour was hyped better than almost any other tour in history.

And it really delivered...and it delivered all four original members.

And the only member in '96 who seemed to have lost a bit in the 15 years was Peter Criss...his playing just wasn't as good.

But that's nothing compared to the gap between Michael Anthony's playing/singing and what Wolfie's abilities will be...
    Got to agree I'm afraid.

I think Van Halen will do similar business to Motley Crue a few years ago, rather than Kiss '96
    The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• lafours
      Head Fluffer
      • Apr 2004

the sad thing is I believe EVH never really thought of VH as a band..but as him and his brothers musical project with replacable members.... and basically ruined the bands legacy with line of thinking..

At least Gene and Paul Aknowledge Ace and Peter as a huge part of there original sound, attitude and dynamic that was important to classic Kiss ( even though they could have gotten virtuoso type players to fill the gap at anytime)... Wheres Ed's attitude is " Not just any one person can sing for this band..If Dave can't make it we can get anyone else."

As bad a Gene and Paul can be they really tried to make the original 4 work as long as they could in the 70's and later the reunion.. they knew there was a chemistry in the original lineup no matter how many better players were out there...

Comment

• Sarge's Little Helper
        Commando
        • Mar 2003

the sad thing is I believe EVH never really thought of VH as a band..but as him and his brothers musical project with replacable members.... and basically ruined the bands legacy with line of thinking..

At least Gene and Paul Aknowledge Ace and Peter as a huge part of there original sound, attitude and dynamic that was improtant to classic Kiss ( even though they could have gotten virtuoso type payers to fill the gap at anytime)... Wheres Ed's attitude is " Not just any one person can sing for this band..If Dave can't make it we can get anyone else."

As bad a Gene and Paul can be they really tried to make the original 4 work as long as they could in the 70's and later the reunion.. they new there was a chemistry in the original lineup no matter how many better players were out there...
        <br />
        <b>Warning</b>: mysql_connect(): Unknown MySQL Server Host 'mysql49.secureserver.net' (0) in <b>/home/content/r/o/t/rotharmy/html/forums/alice/faqbot/src/admin/dbprefs.php</b> on line <b>52</b><br />
        <br />
        <b>Warning</b>: mysql_query(): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (2) in <b>/home/content/r/o/t/rotharmy/html/forums/alice/faqbot/src/util.php</b> on line <b>302</b><br />
        <br />
        <b>Warning</b>: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in <b>/home/content/r/o/t/rotharmy/html/forums/alice/faqbot/src/util.php</b> on line <b>302</b><br />
        "I decided to name my new band DLR because when you say David Lee Roth people think of an individual, but when you say DLR you think of a band. Its just like when you say Edward Van Halen, people think of an individual, but when you say Van Halen, you think of…David Lee Roth, baby!"!

Comment

• fryingdutchman
          Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

When is KISS doing their next "farewell" tour?
          Originally posted by perilouspete
          fryingdutchman you pretty much own everyone.....sick comebacks, well put. top class wit.

Comment

• perilousepete
            Head Fluffer
            • Jan 2007

all i can say is i wish i wasn't fucking 7 years old when kiss had the tour of century cause i totally would've been there.....i feel like my age is fucked out of good bands......all the good ones are on their last leg and the best shows i've seen are all bands that were popular 10-30 years ago. when will new bands come and take their god damn place it pisses me off. see, this is what rap does to music. it fucks everything up.
            http://geocities.com/sirdominic@sbcg...iestrat3yx.jpg

Comment

• allanshort
              Full On Cocktard
              • Feb 2004

I have been a fan of Kiss since 1976 and a fan of VH since 1979. I have hundreds of boots from both bands. Bigger tour. Well in 1996 VH and KIss would have competed. VH would probably have been the bigger draw in America and Kiss overseas. Strange enough all of this talk over the better band. I saw Dave with Spammy and he rocked! I saw VH with Spammy and well they didnt really. Dave and a full blown CVH reunion would of course be better than Wolfie, but I also saw the 98 tour with Cherone. With VH, it's better to see them with somebody new than not to see them. Sure Cherone looked awful (His dancing) but they played a lot of Roth tunes. Made my night. 1996 was the CVH chance and the sisters blew it. No CVH reunion now? I will go but it wont be the big deal as of 96. Too many people pissed off. It will be bigger than the 2004 VH tour though. That was a train wreck.

Comment

Working...