X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hideyoursheep
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    • Jan 2007

Originally posted by Tiki-Tom
    The next time I go to one of the theme parks there better be a fuckin VH rollercoaster built by then. Fuck Aerosmith having a ride. VH should be the band to have one. They have earned the right.
    Also, it better be the biggest fastest coaster in the whole fucking country.
    There is a VH rollercoaster....

And we're already riding it.:eek:

The track is over 23 years old, the old drunk bastard running it refuses to fix the lap bars because he doesn't give a shit if you fall out.
    And of course, it's all downhill.

Comment

• Figs
      Crazy Ass Mofo
      • Jun 2004

....well they still haen't taken down the announcement....of course I would never accuse VH of being on the ball

Comment

• trueblue
        Groupie
        • Feb 2006

I still remember how the '96 reunion debacle left me and millions of my fellow fervent CVH fans totally deflated and crushed. This time I have a very strong feeling that this latest reunion is for real and I'm optimistic about a full tour, sell-out shows and an all-original new CVH record this year.

I sure want Mike (yes I respect and like him enough to still call him by his name and not the childish jibe that is 'bassplayer') back as that would make this entire comeback effort look and feel so much more complete and satisfying for me personally. I'm also highly ambivalent about Wolfie's musical credentials but I gotta say that after all the bad blood and betrayals surrounding Mike's situation with VH, I don't really hold out much hope of him coming back into the original camp too easily. If Mike's not gonna be in it (mostly due to his own sins, in my eyes) then I can grudgingly accept and live with Wolfie on bass/backing vocals?? duties for the sake of the reunion album/tours steamrolling ahead. So it's gonna be Eddie, Dave, with Alex a given presence, and then Wolfie the wunderkind. This time we might have to settle for a different mix eh--- 3/4 Van Halens and 1/4 Diamond Dave in the pure platinum greatest heavy rock band ever.

As arrogant or maybe naive as it might sound, I confess that deep down for me, as long as BOTH Eddie and Dave are together in it, that would count as real Van Halen to me always.

I somehow honestly sense that Dave is truly committed, confident and excited about making this whole comeback effort, after what seems like an eternal 22 years, work out and happen for real. That would be the greatest thrill I can hope to experience in a long time yet. Here's hoping for the mighty classic Van Halen and my absolute all-time frontman hero DLR to hit the road running and rock our worlds all over again.
        Music is like girlfriends to me; I'm constantly amazed at the choices other dudes make----DLR

Comment

Working...